2016 KBF HOW Big Bass Brawl - Old HickoryHeroes on the Water Benefit Competition
The ATAK Prize Pak awarded to the winner of this competition is a package of products from KBF sponsors
- Wilderness Systems — 2016 A.T.A.K kayak
- NRS — Chinook Fishing PFD
- YakAttack — BlackPak loaded with gear for rigging the dream
- Bending Branches — Angler Ace Paddle
- ConSeal — Non-skid, sound-deadening pre-cut kit
One Bass to Win it All
Ever catch your biggest bass during practice or right after a tournament? Now it can pay off. KBF is hosting a 3-day Big Bass Brawl benefiting Heroes on the Water (HOW) at the second KBF TRAIL Series Tournament of 2016 on Old Hickory Lake This is the third of several such Big Bass Brawls that KBF will be holding in 2016.
Big Bass Brawl on Old Hickory – Overview
This two-day KBF HOW Big Bass Brawl starts at 5:450 a.m. Friday, April 22, 2016, so you can upload big bass photos while you’re pre-fishing on Old Hickory on Friday as well as during the KBF TRAIL competition on Saturday and Sunday.
All Entry Fee proceeds (receipts less credit card transaction fees and admin charges) from each KBF HOW Big Bass Brawl are donated to Heroes on the Water, which helps our Nation’s warriors and veterans from all branches of the United States military unwind using the therapeutic qualities of fishing from kayaks.
- KBF Partner Host: KBF TN
- Tournament HQ: Pavilion #1, Bledsoe Creek State Park, 400 Zieglers Fort Rd, Gallatin, Tennessee 37066
- Tournament Director: Sarah and Jeremy Meier
- Eligibility: Open to both KBF Members and non-members.
- Register: Sign up at TourneyX.
- Competition Rules: KBF Rules are in two parts:
- By registering, each competitor acknowledges he has read and agrees to abide by (a.) the KBF Competition Rules Standards (including the Release and Indemnification Agreement and Copyright and Use of Images Agreement) and to (b.) the specific rules outlined in the KBF Competition Rules Addendum on this page; and
- The competitor further agrees to abide by the KBF Event Participation Terms and Conditions.
- Event Schedule
- Competition start times were established as approximately one hour before sunrise.
- Friday 4/22: Day 1 Competition on Eligible Waters begins at 5:45 a.m. and ends at 3:00 p.m.
- Friday 4/22 7:00 p.m.: Day 1 BONUS BUCKS awarded at the KBF TRAIL Captains Meeting, HOOK 1 Outfitters in Hendersonville
- Saturday 4/23: Day 2 Competition on Eligible Waters begins at 5:45 a.m. and ends at 3:00 p.m.
- Saturday 4/2 4:00 p.m. BONUS BUCKS Day 2 big bass bonus awarded at the Captains Meeting
- Eligible Water & Location: For the KBF HOW Big Bass Brawl, eligible waters are all of Old Hickory Lake from the Old Hickory Dam to Hwy 141. Eligible waters include backwaters, bays, creeks and sloughs contiguous to those lakes at present pool level, except restricted areas where fishing is not allowed. All waters must be connected with Old Hickory Lake and an angler must be able to paddle from their fishing location to Old Hickory Lake within the defined boundaries..
- Entry Fee and Procedures
- This event is conducted as an online KBF Challenge powered by TourneyX.
- Sign up and pay your $20 Entry Fee at TourneyX. Fees may also be paid in cash at HOOK 1, 6 p.m. Friday if you’re not fishing until Saturday or Sunday.
- Anglers may register and pay Entry Fee on TourneyX until 6 a.m. Saturday, April 2. There are no late fees. If an angler will not or cannot register on TourneyX, he may register at the KBFTN tournament Check-in station at HOOK 1.
- No Check-in or Captains Meetings are required for anglers who wish to compete only in the Brawl and not in the KBF TRAIL or KBFTN tournament.
- Entry Fee Transfers—Not permitted for this event.
- Entry Fee Refunds—Not permitted for this event.
- Manual Submission of Digital Photos: The preferred channel for submitting digital photos is upload from the angler’s smart phone directly to to TourneyX. If a Competitor cannot or will not upload photos to Tourney X, there is no alternative on Friday. On Saturday, BGYM Tournament Staff will, on request, manually upload digital photos at Tournament HQ. Anglers who need to have their digital photos upload to TourneyX by Tournament Staff on that day must be in line at Tournament HQ by 3 p.m. on Saturday and 1 p.m. on Sunday and be prepared to surrender their camera’s memory card or cell phone and cable. No Competitor who arrives in line after the deadline will be allowed to turn in their memory card or cable to Tournament Staff for on-site uploads.
- The individual competitor who submits the longest bass over the two days of competition will win the Wilderness Systems ATAK Prize Pak pictured at right.
- The only cash prizes awarded for this event are daily bonuses awarded to the highest-finishing KBF BONUS BUCKS participant. That individual need not submit the biggest fish of the day of all competitors—just the biggest bass among all KBF BONUS BUCKS participants who are competing.
- In the event of a tie, the winner will be the competitor who submitted his digital photo to TourneyX first; not necessarily the one whose photo has the earliest time stamp, but the time when the photo was received by TourneyX.
- Awarding of Prizes
- Competitors need not be present to receive BONUS BUCKS bonuses. Checks will be mailed to winners if they are not present to accept their prize.
- Competitors must be present at the KBF TN awards ceremony to receive the Wilderness Systems ATAK Prize Pak.
- Tournament results will be visible on TourneyX and will be posted on this Website and on the KBF HOW Big Bass Brawl Series Facebook page.