KBF 2016 TRAIL - GuntersvilleLake Guntersville, May 14, 2016 | KBF Members Only
What: 2016 Kayak Bass Fishing TRAIL Series Tournament - Wheeler Lake
Where: Tournament HQ: To be determined
When: Captains Meeting Friday,August 5 at 7:00 p.m. | Competition Saturday, May 14, 2016 at 5:30 a.m.
Registration Fee: $75 [Register Now at TourneyX]
Latest info: KBFTRAIL Series - Wheeler Lake on Facebook
You may wish to open and print a KBF-TourneyX Identifier blank before you travel to Wheeler to compete in this KBF TRAIL Series Tournament. KBF staff will post Saturday's Unique ID code on the TourneyX event pages and also email and/or text them to registered competitors at 7 p.m. and distribute them at the Friday 7:00 p.m. and Saturday 5:00 a.m. Captains Meetings.
2016 KBF TRAIL - Wheeler Lake Competition Rules Addendum
Rule 9 Revision 8/3/2016: As long as you launch on Wheeler lake or on water to which one may paddle from the main lake, you may portage your kayak and gear across a berm or other obstruction to reach fishable water beyond it. That water must meet all KBF standards for "publicly accessible." One may not launch from a vehicle to the portage-accessible water, but may portage there from the main lake.
- Tournament HQ: TBD
- Tournament Director: Chad Hoover
- Eligibility: KBF Membership is required to compete in any KBF TRAIL Series tournament.
- Register: at TourneyX
- Competition Rules: KBF Rules are in two parts:
- By registering, each competitor acknowledges he has read and agrees to abide by (a.) the KBF Competition Rules Standards (including the Release and Indemnification Agreement and Copyright and Use of Images Agreement) and to (b.) the specific rules outlined in the KBF Competition Rules Addendum on this page; and
- The competitor further agrees to abide by the KBF Event Participation Terms and Conditions.
- Rules Exceptions:
- Rule 1.B: Registration and payment may occur at the Friday afternoon or Saturday morning registration meetings, but must be done before start of competition.
- Event Schedule -- Competition start times were established as approximately one hour before sunrise.
- Friday 8/5 6:00 pm: Registration Opens at Tournament HQ
- Friday 8/5 7:00 pm. Mandatory Captain's Meeting, Tournament HQ; hand out identifiers
- Saturday 8/6 5:00 am: Late registration and Captains Meeting, Tournament HQ
- Saturday 8/6 5:30 am: Lines wet (You can be on the water beforehand)
- Saturday 8/6 4:00 pm: Must be in line at Tournament HQ to check in/submit fish
- Saturday 8/6 5:00 pm: Awards Ceremony begins as soon as judging ends
- Format: In this one-day CPR tournament, each competitor's best five fish caught from eligible water during competition hours and submitted within the time frame permitted by the rules will contribute to the cumulative score.
- Eligible Water & Location: For the 2016 KBF TRAIL - Wheeler, eligible waters are all of Wheeler Lake from Guntersville Dam to Wheeler Dam and all backwaters, bays, rivers and creeks and sloughs contiguous to Wheeler Lake, plus publicly-accessible water to which one may portage a kayak and gear from the lake where he launched, provided the berm or other obstruction is not access-restricted. To fish portage-accessible waters, the competitor must launch on Wheeler Lake or water contiguous with Wheeler, which one may reach by paddling, and then portage to that area. All waters must be connected with Wheeler Lake and an angler must be able to paddle or portage from the main body of Wheelerr Lake to their fishing location. Areas that are posted NO FISHING or RESTRICTED by regulatory agencies are NOT eligible waters.
- Entry Fee and Procedures
- This event is conducted as an online KBF Tournament powered by TourneyX.
- Sign up and pay your $75 Entry Fee at TourneyX, or pay with cash at Check-in on Friday (or 5:00 a.m. Saturday) if they have not already done so earlier on TourneyX.
- Entry Fee Transfers—Up until Thursday, July 28, 2016, Entry Fees submitted via TourneyX may be transferred to another Competitor's account. There is no service charge for transfers.
- Entry Fee Refunds—Refund requests must be received by KBF by email or in writing by Saturday, July 30. All refunds will be assessed a 10% service charge.
- Manual Submission of Digital Photos: The preferred channel for submitting digital photos is upload from the angler's smart phone directly to TourneyX. If a Competitor cannot or will not upload photos to Tourney X, Tournament Staff will do so at Tournament HQ. Anglers who need to have their digital photos upload to TourneyX by Tournament Staff must be in line at Tournament HQ by the check-in times listed above on Competition Days and be prepared to surrender their camera's memory card or cell phone and cable. No Competitor who arrives in line after the check-in time will be allowed to turn in a memory card or cable to Tournament Staff for on-site uploads.
- The number of places and payout amounts will vary with the number of registered competitors. First place is guaranteed $2,000.
- In addition the 5 top anglers from this TRAIL will qualify for slots at 2017 KBF National Championships
- KBF Angler of the Year points will also be earned at this event. First Place will earn 150 points, Second 145 points, Third 140 points, and so on down to 35 points for all remaining competitors.
- For KBF BONUS BUCKS Program Participants:
- Top Finish: Feelfree Lure 11.5 kayak
- 2nd highest finish: Bending Branches Angler Pro Plus RealTee Camo Max5 adjustable paddle
- 3rd highest finish: NRS Chinook Fishing PFD
- Awarding of Prizes
- Competitors must be present to receive awards and Bonuses.
- Cash prizes and BONUS BUCKS will be distributed at the Saturday afternoon awards ceremony at Tournament HQ.
- Tournament results will be visible on TourneyX and will be posted on this Website and on Facebook.
Resident or temporary visitor fishing licenses are required by all KBF TRAIL participants. Be aware of fishing regulations, restrictions and access rules for any waters you target. Learn more and buy licenses online at these sites: