KBF wraps up the 2017 tournament series with END on the BEND, an OPEN Series Tournament on Toledo Bend, Bassmaster’s #1 big bass lake for two years in a row. This two-day, three-bass-per-day tournament is open to both KBF Members and non-members. It is a qualifying event for the 2018 KBF National Championship.
Prize money payout amounts and the number of paying places at the KBF END at the BEND will be determined by the number of registrants.
- Venue Host: Toledo Bend Lake Country and Sabine Parish Tourist & Recreation Commission
- Tournament HQ: Tournament Pavilion, Cypress Bend State Park, by the boat ramp.
- Tournament Director: Chad Hoover
- Eligibility: The END on the BEND is a KBF OPEN Series tournament, which welcomes participation by both KBF Members and non-members.
- Competition Rules: KBF Rules are in two parts:
- By registering, each competitor acknowledges he has read and agrees to abide by (a.) the KBF Competition Rules Standards (including the Release and Indemnification Agreement and Copyright and Use of Images Agreement) and to (b.) the specific rules outlined in the KBF Competition Rules Addendum on this page; and
- The competitor further agrees to abide by the KBF Event Participation Terms and Conditions.
- Event Schedule
- Competition start times were established as approximately one hour before sunrise.
- Thursday 11/2 4:00 p.m.: Pre-fishing on Eligible Waters ends.
- Thursday 11/2 5:00 p.m. to 6:45 p.m.: Check-in and On-site Registrations at Tournament HQ
- Thursday 11/2 7:00 p.m.: Mandatory Captains Meeting at Tournament HQ
- Friday 11/3 5:00 a.m.: Make-up Captains Meeting at Tournament HQ parking lot
- Friday 11/3 6:00 a.m.: Competition Start Time
- Friday 11/3 3:00 p.m.: all anglers must be in or through the judges line at tournament HQ for photo confirmation.
- Friday 11/3 4:00 p.m.: mandatory Captains Meeting at Tournament HQ
- Saturday 11/4 6:00 a.m.: Competition Start Time
- Saturday 11/4 3:00 p.m.: all anglers must be in or through the judges line at tournament HQ for photo confirmation.
- Saturday 11/4 4:00 p.m. (or soon thereafter): Awards Ceremony begins as soon as judging ends (might be as early as 4:30 p.m.).
- Format: This two-day CPR tournament will be determined by the longest 6-bass total length (three bass from Friday, three from Saturday, with no culling on Saturday of Friday’s catch). Each competitor’s six (6 longest bass caught from eligible water during competition hours and submitted within the time frame permitted by the rules will contribute to the cumulative score.
- Eligible Water & Location: For the 2017 KBF For the 2017 KBF END at the BEND, eligible waters are all of Toledo Bend Reservoir, plus any of its backwaters, sloughs, tributaries and water contiguous to it. This includes all of Toledo Bend plus the Sabine River channel and sloughs from the US-84 Logansport bridge to the north all the way to the Toledo Bend Dam to the south. Basically, if you can paddle to it from that lake (or at least float your kayak to it), it’s in-bounds.Note: a fishing license from either Louisiana or Texas will suffice to fish all of Toledo Bend Reservoir from a boat. If you wade fish or fish from shore, you must have a license from the state in which you’re standing.
- Entry Fee and Registration Procedures
- This event is conducted as an online competition powered by TourneyX.
- Sign up and pay your $125 Entry Fee ($100 plus $25 late fee) at TourneyX. (Note: KBF Members pay no late fees, ever. A $25 discount code has been posted on the KBF Member-only Web Page.)
- Check-in and Captains Meetings will be at Tournament HQ. Competitors may register and pay Entry Fees at Check-in if they have not already done so earlier. For competitors whose work schedules make it impossible to arrive by 7 p.m. Thursday, a make-up Captains Meeting and late registration will be at 5:00 a.m. Friday morning.
- Entry Fee Transfers—Up until Wednesday, October 25, 2017, Entry Fees may be transferred to another Competitor’s account. There is no service charge for transfers.
- Entry Fee Refunds—Refund requests must be received by Kayak Bass Fishing, LLC by email or in writing by end of day on Wednesday, October 25. All refunds will be assessed a 10% service charge.
- Manual Submission of Digital Photos: The preferred channel for submitting digital photos is upload from the angler’s smart phone directly to to TourneyX. If a Competitor cannot or will not upload photos to Tourney X, Tournament Staff will do so at Tournament HQ each day. Anglers who need to have their digital photos upload to TourneyX by Tournament Staff must be prepared to surrender their camera’s memory card or cell phone and USB cable. No Competitor who arrives in line after 4:00 p.m. will be allowed to turn in his memory card or cable to Tournament Staff for on-site uploads.
- The number of places and payout amounts will vary with the number of registered competitors. At right are the projected payout amounts. (Click image for a larger view.)
- In addition the top ten (10) previously not-qualified anglers in rank will qualify for slots at the 2018 KBF National Championship. If an angler in the top ranks has already qualified, then his slot will roll down to the highest alternate who has not.
- In addition to prizes, a bonus of $500 will be paid to the top-ranked KBF BONUS BUCKS Program Participant, with additional guaranteed amounts to KBF-BB Participants if they finish first, second, third, fourth, or fifth in overall ranking.
- Awarding of Prizes
- Competitors must be present to receive awards.
- Cash prizes and BONUS BUCKS will be distributed at the Saturday Evening Awards Ceremony at Tournament HQ.
- Tournament results will be visible on TourneyX and will be posted on this Website and on Facebook. Competitors must be present to claim their awards and bonuses.
Unique KBF-TourneyX Identifier
You may wish to open and print a KBF-TourneyX Identifier blank before you travel to Toledo Bend to compete in the KBF END on the BEND Competition. The same blank will be used for that and other concurrent competitions. both competitions. KBF staff will post the next day’s Big Bass unique ID code(s) on the TourneyX event pages and also email and/or text them to registered competitors at 6 p.m. the evening before each day’s competition. KBF OPEN identifier codes will be revealed at the Thursday and Friday Captains Meetings.
Resident or temporary visitor fishing licenses are required by all KBF END at the BEND participants. Toledo Bend Reservoir, named Bassmaster Magazine’s #1 Bass Fishing Lake in the nation two years in a row, straddles Texas and Louisiana, so either state’s fishing license is valid for visitors or residents of either state as long as you remain in your boat. If you choose to exit your kayak temporarily in order to fish from the shoreline, make sure you have a license for that state.
Texas’ non-resident package is $58, which would cover you for all four days of the KBF HOW Big Bass Brawl. It’s $16 per day in Texas, so if you plan to just fish a couple days, that saves a few dollars. Louisiana offers a non-resident fishing license for $5 per day, plus service fee and/or tax. Where you launch or stay overnight doesn’t matter; when you’re on the water, either states’ license will suffice. For either state you’ll receive an authorization number and a PDF of your license, which you can keep on your smart phone and present to law enforcement.
Be aware of fishing regulations, restrictions and access rules for any waters you target. Learn more and buy licenses online at these sites: