- This event has passed.
2017 KBF TRAIL – Coosa River
May 6 @ 6:00 am - 4:00 pm CDT
Wetumpka, Alabama welcomes Kayak Bass Fishing anglers back to Alabama for the second KBFCoosa River valley event of the year. KBF’s Best of the Best fish-off, a three-day slugfest between 2017 KBF AOY Jay Wallen and 2017 KBF Champion Matt Ball, was held here in February. Wallen and Ball tackled the river and lake under harsh, pre-spawn conditions, and they worked hard for the relatively few fish they put on the LOWRANCE Leader Board. The KBF TRAIL Series tournament promises to be much more productive.
Competitors and their families may enjoy the hospitality of the town’s many restaurants and hotels or may opt to luxuriate at one of Alabama’s finest riverside resorts, Wind Creek Wetumpka Hotel & Casino.
On Friday, May 5th, at 6:00 PM Central Daylight Time, both KBF Members and non-member kayak fishing competitors will congregate at Tournament HQ, for a brief captains meeting and meet and greet. An alternative captain’s meeting, Following a safety briefing, reminders on times and rules, directors will distribute Identifiers, and competitors will disperse to fish. Lures hit the water at 6:00 a.m., and everyone must check in back at Tournament HQ by 4:00 p.m. CST. (Competitors requiring any assistance uploading photos must check in by 3:00 p.m.)
This series is presented by Torqeedo and sponsored by NuCanoe. If 100 or more competitors register for this event, a NuCanoe Pursuit fishing kayak will be awarded for First Place on top of whatever cash first place pays.
2017 KBF TRAIL – Event Rules Addendum
- Date: Saturday May 6, 2017
- Tournament Director: Chad Hoover (firstname.lastname@example.org or text 757-348-2232)
- TourneyX Event Page: https://tourneyx.com/app/tourney/2017-kbf-trail-coosa-river
- Eligibility: Open to both KBF Member and non-members
- Registrations Required: 30 needed to qualify as a KBF TRAIL Series Tournament
- Venue: Wetumpka, Alabama
- KBF Partner Host: Wetumpka Area Chamber of Commerce
- Venue Host/Tournament HQ: Jeanette Barrett Civic Room – 297 Wharf Street, Wetumpka, Alabama 36092
- Eligible Water & Location: Competitors may fish ONLY on public-access water where fishing is permitted by regulation and bass are in-season. On Lake Jordan, competitors may fish from the dam up to the power line crossing 7 miles upstream. They may fish the Coosa River from below the dam to the mouth of the Tallapoosa River below Wetumpka.
- Species: Black bass, any species including the hard-fighting Alabama Spotted Bass for which the Coosa and Tallapoosa Rivers are famed.
- Format: This is a 1-day CPR tournament where the lengths of up to five (5) bass caught by each angler will comprise each competitor’s score
- Competition Rules:By registering, each competitor acknowledges he has read and agrees to abide by the following two documents:
- The “KBF Competition Rules Standards,” including a “Release and Indemnification Agreement” and a “Copyright and Use of Images Agreement”).
- The specific rules and restrictions outlined in this “KBF Competition Rules Addendum.”
- Event Schedule (local time)
- Friday 4:00 p.m.: Prefishing cut-off time.
- Friday 6:00 p.m. – Capt’s Meeting and Meet and Greet at Wetumpka Area Chamber of Commerce.
- Saturday 5:00 a.m.: Alternate Captains Meeting at Tournament HQ for safety briefing, rules recap, announcements, and ending with distribution of KBF Identifier Forms with Unique Event ID.
- Anglers that DO NOT attend either Capt’s Meeting may view the Virtual Capt’s Meeting (https://youtu.be/2KgAvv9Artk) and will be solely responsible for ensuring that they understand and are in compliance with all rules and regulations.
- Saturday 5:30 a.m.: Deadline to register on TourneyX; KBF TRAIL Identifier Form and a Unique Event ID Code will appear in your TourneyX Dashboard.
- Saturday 6:00 a.m.: Competition start time
- Saturday 4:00 p.m.: Deadline for competitors to be in Check-in Line at Tournament HQ with photos all submitted.*
- Saturday 3/11, 4:30 p.m. CDT: Photo submission cut-off, with awards to follow.
*If assistance is required, return to Tournament HQ by 3:00 p.m. to allow enough time to upload photos by deadline.
- Entry Fee and Procedures
- NO CASH WILL BE ACCEPTED AT THE EVENT. All Entry Fees must be paid before Registration Deadline through the TourneyX Tournament Management System, which uses PayPal as its payment processor. Registrants pay with a PayPal account debit or by check/debit card.
- To Sign up and pay the Entry Fee: (a.) log into TourneyX, (b.) navigate to the Event Page (above) or click the dashboard’s “Register for Tourney” button and select the event from the drop-down menu, (c.) read and check the box that indicates agreement with and commitment to abide by all Rules, Competition Terms and Conditions, and terms of the Liability Release and Waiver Agreement, and then click the button to register.
- KBF Members Entry Fee is $50
- Non-Members pay the $50 Entry Fee plus check the Non-Member box and pay an additional $25 Admin Surcharge, for a total of $75. Admin surcharge will be credited toward a KBF Membership within one week of event, upon request to KBF Mgmt.
- Entry Fee Refunds—Reimbursed upon request by email to email@example.com up until one week prior to competition date.
- Identifier Form & Code
- Every photo must include a legible KBF Identifier Form.
- At the time indicated above, a Unique Event ID Code will appear in each competitor’s TourneyX Dashboard. Print that code in the Bottom-Center field.
- Each KBF Identifier Form has six blocks or “fields,” permitting one Form to serve for up to six concurrent events. If you are already using a KBF Identifier Form for another KBF Challenge or a KBF Tournament, you may use it for this one as well by printing each Unique Event ID Code in it’s specified field.
- Scores & Ranking:
- Judges will verify and, when appropriate, revise scores for accuracy and when points are deducted for rules infractions.
- Rankings will be determined by the cumulative score of each competitor’s five (5) longest bass caught and uploaded in accordance with the KBF Competition Rules for this event.
- Ties are broken by big fish, in accordance with KBF Rules set out in the KBF Competition Rules Standards.
- Cash Prizes
- The Event Prize Purse is the number of registrations times the $50 Entry Fee. ($25 Admin Surcharge collected from non-members do not contribute to the Prize Purse but are used to defray event administrative costs.)
- Assuming the minimum 30-Registration Threshold is met, first place is guaranteed a payout of $1,000, minimum. One cash prize is paid for every ten registrants. (For 30-39 registrants, three places pay. For 40-49, four places pay. For 50-59, five places pay, etc.)
- Prize Distributions are made after winners have provided a copy to KBF of their IRS W-9 form. For security purposes, cash is not handled at TRAIL Tournaments. The amount of each Cash Prize will sent to the winners by PayPal Funds Transfer. If a prize or bonus recipient does not have a PayPal account, he may request that KBF mail a company check to the address on his IRS W-9 form. Winners are responsible for payment of all state and federal income taxes.
- Sponsor Award: If the number of registrants for this TRAIL Series Tournament is 100 or more, NuCanoe will award a NuCanoe Pursuit fishing kayak to the first place winner.
- 2017 KBF Angler of the Year (“AOY”) Points
- Assuming the minimum 30-Registration Threshold is met, KBF AOY Points will be awarded to all registrants who are KBF Members by this event’s competition start time, from 200 Points for first place down to the minimum 40 Participation Points in increments of no more than four (4). Increments are determined by the number of active participants. Registrants who did not compete, or who competed but did not upload a photo, each receive 20 AOY Registration Points. KBF AOY points from this event will be categorized as “TRAIL” Points on the 2017 KBF AOY Points chart.
- To be considered an Active Participant, one must upload a photo of a bass that meets scoring standards or, if none were caught, a photo that meets all photo requirements except that the Hawg Trough is empty, with a score submitted as 0.00″ (Note: taking such a photo and uploading it at start-of-competition time not only ensures you qualify for the minimum Participation Points but also that one has his Hawg Trough, Identifier Form, and a working camera and is able to upload photos.)
- Registrants who do not compete, or who fail to upload the required “0.00-score” photo of an empty Hawg Trough, will be awarded 20 TRAIL Registration Points.
- If there are fewer than 30 registrants at competition start time, the event will be treated as a KBF Challenge, in which case 100 AOY points, maximum, will be awarded to First Place, with 20 Maximum Participant Points and 10 Registration Points.
- 2018 National Championship Qualification
- Five (5) KBF-NC slots will be awarded at this event, assuming the number of registrants met the minimum threshold of 30.
- For over 50 registrants, one additional Qualifying Slot will be awarded for every additional 10 registrants (6 for 60-69, 7 for 70-79, etc.).
- If a KBF-NC slot is awarded to a competitor who has previously qualified, then the slot rolls down to the highest-ranking alternate who has not yet qualified.
- If a slot is awarded to a competitor who is not a KBF Member, to satisfy KBF-NC eligibility requirements he must join.
- If there are fewer than 30 registrants at competition start time, one Qualifying Slot will be awarded for every 20 registrants with no minimum.
- BONUS BUCKS:
- In addition to cash prizes, up to $100 in KBF BONUS BUCKS will awarded if a competitor who finishes in the top three is a 2017 KBF BONUS BUCKS Program participant. (For example, if First Place is taken by a competitor who is in KBF-BB, he gets $60 or more on top of his other winnings.)
- If there are fewer than 30 registrants at competition start time, no KBF BONUS BUCKS will be awarded.