- This event has passed.
KBF TRAIL Guntersville, AL
September 23, 2017 @ 6:00 am - 3:00 pm CDT$50
Lake Guntersville TRAIL Rankings and Rewards
Below are the final results at the end of protest window, which closed at 4PM EDT Sunday, September 24. If you notice inaccuracies, and omissions, feel free to bring them to the attention of the tournament director or KBF Management. Errors submitted after the protest period will help us provide coaching and feedback to judges and improve processes but will not affect tournament results.
|30||Bobby Jason Watson||AL||57.75||SLOT||113.6|
|54||Jim Kemp Sr||WV||0.00||40.0|
|58||Jake Rooster Garner||AL||20.0|
This series is presented by Torqeedo and sponsored by NuCanoe. If 100 or more competitors register for this event, a NuCanoe fishing kayak will be awarded for First Place on top of whatever cash first place pays.
NOTE: The KBF Event Rules Addendum on this page and the KBF Competition Rules Standards are in effect for this event. KBF uses TourneyX and Facebook for informational purposes only; to communicate instructions and additional details. If discrepancies or inconsistencies exist between this Calendar Event Page and those other two references, the information on this page takes precedence.
Event Rules Addendum
- Date(s) of Competition: Saturday, September 23, 2017
- Tournament Director: Chad Hoover
Phone: (757) 348-2232
- Presented by: Marshall County Convention and Visitors Bureau
- Competitor Eligibility Requirement: This tournament is open to KBF Members (2017 KBF Annual Membership or KBF Lifetime Membership) or non-members.
- Series Classification: 30 or more registrations are required for this event to qualify as a KBF TRAIL Series Tournament. If fewer than 30 register, this event will classify as a KBF Challenge Series Event.
- Tournament HQ: Guntersville State Park Beach Pavilion (big pavilion), Guntersville, Alabama.
- Eligible Water Name(s), Location: Lake Guntersville
- Eligible Water Boundaries: Entire Guntersville Reservoir, from Nickajack Dam to Guntersville Dam and any accessible tributaries that can be entered from the lake by paddling/floating in a kayak. Launch from any public access launch location on the lake.
- Eligible Species: Black bass, all species and varieties
- Competition Format: This is a 1-day CPR tournament where the combined length of up to five (5) bass will contribute to each competitor’s score. (Roadrunner-style tournament)
- Competition Rules: By registering, each competitor acknowledges he has read and agrees to abide by the following documents:
- The “KBF Competition Rules Standards,” including a “Release and Indemnification Agreement” and a “Copyright and Use of Images Agreement”).
- The specific rules and restrictions outlined in this “KBF Event Rules Addendum.”
- Exception to KBF Competition Rules Standards: None
- Captains Meeting: 7:00 PM Friday at Tourney HQ
- Event Schedule (all times are local, MDT)
- DAY BEFORE COMPETITION
• 4 PM: Prefishing cut-off time
• 7 PM: Captains Meeting at Tournament HQ and Event ID Code release. Image of a KBF Identifier with a 2-character Event ID Code will appear in your TourneyX Dashboard. Print it for use in competition, or print the Event ID Code on a blank KBF Identifier Form.
- COMPETITION DAY
• 5:30 AM: Late arrival/Makeup Captains Meeting at Tourney HQ
• 6:00 AM: Registration Deadline; Competition start time/First Cast; no photos of fish caught before this time
• 3:00 PM: End competition; lines out and photo submission end time
• 4:00 PM: Be through Tournament HQ check-in line at the Beach Pavilion, Guntersville State Park. Prizes and awards will follow.
- DAY BEFORE COMPETITION
- Entry Fee and Procedures
- No cash will be accepted at the event. All Entry Fees must be paid before Registration Deadline through TourneyX with PayPal account debit or by check/debit card.
- Entry Fee is $50. Non-Members pay an additional $25 Admin Surcharge. Within one week of event, surcharge may be applied toward KBF Membership dues.
if you overlooked the Non-member $25 Non-member Admin Surcharge for KBF TRAIL Series tournaments during registration, pay it here.
- To register and pay the Entry Fee: (a.) log into TourneyX, (b.) navigate to the Event Page or click the dashboard’s “Register for Tourney” button and select the event from the drop-down menu, (c.) check a box that indicates agreement with and commitment to abide by all Rules, Competition Terms and Conditions, and terms of the Liability Release and Waiver Agreement (non-members also check the Admin Surcharge box), and then (d.) click the “REGISTER” button.
- Entry Fee Refunds up to one week prior to event upon request emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Identifier Form & Code
- Every photo must include a legible KBF Identifier Form.
- At the time indicated above, a 2-character Event ID Code will appear in each competitor’s TourneyX Dashboard. Print that code in the identifier form’s top-left field (Box A).
- Each KBF Identifier Form has six blocks or “fields,” permitting one identifier form to serve for up to six concurrent events. If you are already using a KBF Identifier Form for another KBF Challenge or a KBF Tournament and the top-left box is already filled, you may print the Event ID Code in an adjacent box.
- Preprint a sheet of 8 identifier blank forms by clicking this link: [KBF Identifier Forms PDF].
- Scores & Ranking
- Rankings will be determined by the cumulative score of each competitor’s five (5) longest bass caught and uploaded in accordance with the KBF Competition Rules for this event.
- Cash Prizes (with 30+ registrants)
- The Event Prize Purse is the number of registrations times the $50 Entry Fee. ($25 Admin Surcharge collected from non-members do not contribute to the Prize Purse but are used to defray event administrative costs.)
- First place guaranteed $1,000 payout, minimum
- 10% of Field Payout: 30-39 registrants, three places pay. 40-49, four place. 50-59, five places pay, etc.
- Prize Distributions are made via PayPal Funds Transfer after winners have provided KBF with IRS W-9 form. (Winner may request that a company check mailed to the address on his IRS W-9 form and are responsible for payment of all state and federal income taxes.
- Sponsor Award: If 100 or more competitors register for this event, NuCanoe will award a NuCanoe Pursuit fishing kayak to the first place winner.
- 2017 KBF Angler of the Year Points (with 30+ registrants)
- 2017 KBF AOY Points will be awarded to all registrants who are KBF Members by this event’s competition start time.
- First Place: 200 Points for first place down to the minimum 40
- Minimum Participation Points: 40
- Minimum Registration Points: 20
- Points decrease with each step down in rank. Increments are determined by the number of active participants, with a maximum decrease of 4 points per level.
- To qualify for Minimum Participation Points, competitor must upload a photo that meets all standards, except no fish on the Hawg Trough and a length of 0.00″.
- Registrants who did not compete, or who competed but did not upload a 0.00″ photo, each receive Minimum Registration Points.
- KBF AOY points from this event will be categorized as “TRAIL” Points on the 2017 KBF AOY Points chart.
- If fewer than 30 register for this event, 100 AOY points will be awarded to First Place, 20 Minimum Participant Points and 10 Minimum Registration Points.
- 2018 National Championship Qualification (with 30+ registrants)
- Five (5) KBF-NC slots will be awarded at this event.
- For over 50 registrants, one additional Qualifying Slot will be awarded for every additional 10 registrants (6 for 60-69, 7 for 70-79, etc.).
- If a KBF-NC slot is awarded to a competitor who has previously qualified, then the slot rolls down to the highest-ranking alternate who has not yet qualified.
- To satisfy KBF-NC eligibility requirements any non-member who is awarded a slot must join KBF within one week of competition or the slot will be retracted and rolled down to the top alternate.
- If fewer than 30 register for this event, one Qualifying Slot will be awarded for every ten (10) registrants with no minimum.
- BONUS BUCKS:
- A minimum of $40 and up to $100 in KBF BONUS BUCKS will awarded on top of cash prizes if first and second place (and with 90+ registrants, third place) finishers are 2017 KBF BONUS BUCKS Program participants. (For example, if First Place is won by a competitor who is in KBF-BB, he gets $60, $80, or $100 added to his other winnings.) To be eligible to win a bonus, the KBF-BB participant must earn a top-three finish.
- If fewer than 30 register for this event, no KBF BONUS BUCKS will be awarded.