2016 KBF HOW Big Bass Brawl - GuntersvilleHeroes on the Water Benefit Competition Open to All Kayak Anglers
One Bass to Win it All
Lake Guntersville is one of the top big bass lakes in the country. Any cast might produce not only a personal best, but a fish that will win this three-day, one-bass competition.
The A.T.A.K. Prize Pack up for grabs at this event includes:
- Advanced Tactical Angling Kayak (A.T.A.K.) donated by Wilderness Systems
- Adjustable-length, light-weight, hi-tech Angler Pro Plus paddle from Bending Branches
- BlackPak gear management and mounting platform from YakAttack
- Durable, comfortable, superior Chinook fishing PFD from NRS
- Commemorative BlackPak lid can be mounted as a plaque or remind you of your HOW commitments with each use
Ever catch your biggest bass during practice or right after a tournament? Now it can pay off. KBF is hosting a 3-day Big Bass Brawl benefiting Heroes on the Water (HOW) before, during, and after the KBF TRAIL Series Tournament on Lake Guntersville. This is the fourth of several such Big Bass Brawls that KBF will be holding in 2016.
Big Bass Brawl on Guntersville – Overview
This three-day KBF HOW Big Bass Brawl starts at 5:30 a.m. Friday, May 13, 2016, so you can upload big bass photos while you’re pre-fishing on Guntersville on Friday, during the KBF TRAIL competition on Saturday, or before you pack up and pull out on Sunday.
All Entry Fee proceeds (receipts less credit card transaction fees and admin charges) from each KBF HOW Big Bass Brawl are donated to Heroes on the Water. This all-volunteer organization helps our Nation’s warriors and veterans from all branches of the United States military unwind using the therapeutic qualities of fishing from kayaks.
Prizes will be awarded Friday at the KBF TRAIL Captains Meeting, Saturday at the KBF TRAIL awards ceremony, and Sunday after the 1:00 check-in at Goose Pond Colony Bait, Tackle & Grill.
1. Tournament HQ will be Goose Pond Colony Bait, Tackle & Grill.
2. If not present at Tournament HQ on Sunday to accept his prize, winner of the ATAK Prize Pack must arrange to retrieve it at HOOK 1 Outfitters in Hendersonville, TN OR pay freight charges for delivery.
- KBF Partner Host: KBF TN
- Tournament HQ: Goose Pond Colony Bait, Tackle & Grill next to the public ramp. We’ll be on the back porch, lakeside.
- Tournament Director: Chad Hoover
- Eligibility: Open to all kayak anglers; KBF Membership not required
- Register: Sign up at TourneyX.
- Competition Rules: KBF Rules are in two parts:
- By registering, each competitor acknowledges he has read and agrees to abide by (a.) the KBF Competition Rules Standards (including the Release and Indemnification Agreement and Copyright and Use of Images Agreement) and to (b.) the specific rules outlined in the KBF Competition Rules Addendum on this page; and
- The competitor further agrees to abide by the KBF Event Participation Terms and Conditions.
- Event Schedule
- Competition start times were established as approximately one hour before sunrise. All times are Central Daylight Time (CDT).
- Friday 5/13, 5:30 a.m.: Day 1 Competition on Eligible Waters begins. You may be on the water as early as you wish, but no lines in the water until 5:30 a.m. No photos of fish caught before that time are permissible.
- Friday 5/13, 3:00 p.m.: Day 1 Competition ends. Photo upload function turned off.
- Friday 5/13, 7:00 p.m.: Day 1 $200 Big Bass Bonus awarded to the top KBF BONUS BUCKS Participant at the KBF TRAIL Captains Meeting at Tournament HQ
- Saturday 5/14, 5:30 a.m.: Day 2 Competition on Eligible Waters begins
- Saturday 5/14, 3:00 p.m.: Day 2 Competion ends, and TourneyX photo submission function is turned off.
- Saturday 5/14, 4:00 p.m. Day 2 $200 Big Bass Bonus awarded to the top KBF BONUS BUCKS Participant at the KBF TRAIL Awards Ceremony at Tournament HQ
- Sunday 5/15, 5:30 a.m.: Day 3 Competition on Eligible Waters begins
- Sunday 5/15, 1:00 p.m.: Day 3 Competion ends and TourneyX photo submission feature is turned off.
- Sunday 5/15, 2:00 p.m.: Day 3 $200 Big Bass Bonus and A.T.A.K. Prize Pack awarded to the top KBF BONUS BUCKS Participant at the KBF TRAIL Awards Ceremony at Tournament HQ
- Eligible Water & Location: For the KBF HOW Big Bass Brawl, eligible waters are all of Lake Guntersville from the Nickajack Lake Dam to Guntersville Dam. Eligible waters include backwaters, bays, creeks and sloughs contiguous to those lakes at present pool level, except restricted areas where fishing is not allowed. All waters must be connected with Lake Guntersville and an angler must be able to paddle from their fishing location to Lake Guntersville within the defined boundaries.
- Format: In this three-day CPR tournament, each competitor’s best single fish caught from eligible water during competition hours and submitted within the time frame permitted by the rules will be the final score.
- Entry Fee and Procedures
- This event is conducted as an online KBF Challenge powered by TourneyX.
- Sign up and pay your $20 Entry Fee at TourneyX. Fees may also be paid in cash at Tournament HQ, 6 p.m. Friday if you’re not fishing until Saturday or Sunday.
- Anglers may register and pay Entry Fee on TourneyX until 5 a.m. Sunday, May 15. There are no late fees. If an angler will not or cannot register on TourneyX, he may register at the KBF TRAIL tournament Check-in station at Tournament HQ on Friday evening or Saturday morning.
- No Check-in or Captains Meetings are required for anglers who wish to compete only in the Brawl and not in the KBF TRAIL Series Tournament.
- Entry Fee Transfers—Not permitted for this event.
- Entry Fee Refunds—Not permitted for this event.
- Manual Submission of Digital Photos: The preferred channel for submitting digital photos is upload from the angler’s smart phone directly to to TourneyX. If a Competitor cannot or will not upload photos to Tourney X, there is no alternative on Friday. On Saturday, Tournament Staff will, on request, manually upload digital photos at Tournament HQ. Anglers who need to have their digital photos upload to TourneyX by Tournament Staff must be in line at Tournament HQ by 3 p.m. on Saturday and 1 p.m. on Sunday and be prepared to surrender their camera’s memory card or cell phone and cable. No Competitor who arrives in line after the deadline will be allowed to turn in their memory card or camera and cable to Tournament Staff for on-site uploads.
- The individual competitor who submits the single longest bass over the three days of competition will win the Wilderness Systems A.T.A.K. Prize Pack pictured at right.
- The only cash prizes awarded for this event are daily bonuses awarded to the highest-finishing KBF BONUS BUCKS participant of the day. That individual need not submit the biggest fish of the day among all competitors—just the biggest bass among all KBF BONUS BUCKS participants who are competing.
- In the event of a tie, the winner will be the competitor who submitted his digital photo to TourneyX first; not necessarily the one whose photo has the earliest time stamp, but the time when the photo was received by TourneyX.
- Awarding of Prizes
- Competitors need not be present to receive BONUS BUCKS bonuses. Checks will be mailed to winners if they are not present to accept their prize.
- While we hope the winner of the Wilderness Systems A.T.A.K. Prize Pack will be at Tournament HQ at 2:00 p.m. Sunday to accept his prize, attendance is not mandatory. If absent, the winner must either arrange to pick up the ATAK Prize Pack at HOOK 1 Outfitters in Hendersonville, TN or pay freight charges to have it delivered to his place of business or residence.
- Tournament results will be visible on TourneyX and will be posted on this Website and on the KBF HOW Big Bass Brawl Series Facebook page.