KBF BONUS BUCKS is Kayak Bass Fishing’s incentive rewards program for KBF Members only. It promotes competitive kayak fishing by awarding bonuses to program participants fishing in select KBF competitions across the country. These bonuses are in addition to regular prize payouts. Bonuses may be cash and/or sponsors’ products.
KBF BONUS BUCKS EVENTS
Top-ranking 2017 KBF BONUS BUCKS (“KBF-BB”) Program Participants in each event of the following series during 2017 are eligible to win bonuses.
- 2017 KBF National Championship — $5,000 KBF BONUS BUCKS awarded to the KBF-BB Program Participant who ranks highest in 2017 KBF National Championship competition. Enrollment deadline to be in the running for this bonus is 6:00 a.m. Friday, March 31
- 2017 KBF OPEN Series Tournaments — $1,000 in cash bonuses are up grabs at KBF OPEN Series Tournaments for the four highest-ranking KBF-BB Program Participants. $400 for the highest ranking KBF-BB Participant, $300 for the second-highest, $200 for third, and $100 for the fourth highest in rank.
- 2017 BF KBF HOW Big Bass Brawls — $100, $60, $40 to the KBF BONUS BUCKS Program Participants whose bass rank first, second, and third highest in score each day in Brawls at the 2017 KBF National Championship and the 2017 KBF OPEN Series Tournaments.
KBF BONUS BUCKS awards will also be specified on this website’s Event pages.
Payout amounts and numbers of places receiving bonuses will continue to grow in coming years as the numbers of KBF Members participating in this contingency awards program increase.
- 2017 KBF TRAIL Series Tournaments — Up to $300 in KBF BONUS BUCKS awarded in cash if the competitor who takes the top places are KBF-BB Participants.
- 2017 KBF State Challenge Series (up to four per state or combined states each month)
- 2017 KBF Specialty Challenges — $300 total in cash bonuses will be paid out at KBF Special Challenges (e.g., One Night Stand, Veterans Day, and Back to School(ing Bass) Challenge) for KBF-BB Program Participants finishing in First through Third Places: $150 to a KBF-BB Participant taking First Place, $100 Second, and $50 Third.
This Contingency Awards Program is funded through both KBF Sponsor Donations and KBF BONUS BUCKS Program Enrollment Fees. In 2016 KBF paid out over $30,000 in KBF BONUS BUCKS to Contingency Awards Program Participants.
Want to know if a tournament in which you’re participating is eligible for BONUS BUCKS? Look for the KBF BONUS BUCKS Logo on the KBF Website event page, on the TourneyX page, and in promotional posts on social media, or ask your tournament director if KBF BONUS BUCKS are being paid out in the tournament.
Fish caught after a competitor enrolls in KBF BONUS BUCKS are considered in awarding bonuses. If a competitor catches two big fish in a three-bass competition and then enrolls in BONUS BUCKS, those first two fish will still help in the competition but will not count toward bonuses; only fish caught for scoring after one pays the KBF BONUS BUCKS enrollment fee earn bonuses.
KBF Membership is required to participate in the 2017 KBF BONUS BUCKS Contingency Awards program.
In addition to KBF bonuses, KBF BONUS SPONSORS provide additional payouts based on sponsor-specific eligibility requirements. Each KBF sponsor will have an exhibit at the KBF-NC HQ (Henry County Fairgrounds) or at KBF Rendezvous (Paris Convention Center, behind the Quality Inn). Go to each exhibit booth, show the product or a photo on your phone or camera to the pro staff member or rep, and he will give you a color-coded eligibility card. This is a good opportunity for you to discuss their product lines, ask questions, examine new products, provide user feedback on the products you use—what you like and what else you’d like to see. When you’re standing on the awards stage before all the competitors and are asked if you are eligible, just whip out that card, hold it up for all to see, and collect your bonus.
To be eligible, one must own the products prior to the start of the last day’s competition. Some products require that you actually use them during competition. You can’t just wait until Saturday afternoon, swing through Rendezvous, pick up a few items on your way to the Award Ceremony.
Some products are required simply to own before start of competition the last day; not necessarily have mounted and in use during competition. For example, you may own a big YETI cooler that doesn’t fit on your kayak. You may have a Torqeedo motor that you didn’t have time or the tools to mount before competition. See specific eligibility requirements for each product, which state which products must be used during competition.
For more on the eligibility requirements for each sponsor, visit our KBF SPONSOR pages.
|Sponsor||KBF-NC||KBF OPEN||BONUS ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA|
|KBF||$5,000||$400 | $300
$200 | $100
|Highest-scoring KBF BONUS BUCKS Participants regardless of rank. The top KBF-BB angler might be third…fifth…tenth in ranking and still be the top-ranked KBF-BB participant.|
|$1,000||By the start of competition on Saturday, April 1, own a Torqeedo kayak-specific motor. ($371 incentive now to end of Rendezvous). Mounting and use during competition not required.|
|$1,000||Photo of your Wilderness Systems fishing kayak owned and used in KBF-NC / OPEN competition|
|Photo of your Bending Branches paddle owned and used in KBF-NC / OPEN competition|
|Photo of your NRS PFD, outerwear, knife or shoes owned and used in KBF-NC / OPEN competition|
|LOWRANCE||$500||$300||Photo of LOWRANCE mounted on your kayak, which you own by the start of competition on Saturday, April 1.|
|Photo of your All Pro Rod (APR) on your kayak and used during KBF-NC / OPEN|
|STRIKE KING||$500||$300||Product you own and use in photos submitted for scoring in KBF-NC / OPEN|
|YETI||$300||$100||Photo of your YETI product, which you own by the start of competition on Saturday, April 1. Use during competition is not mandatory and, in some cases, is impractical.|
|$300||$200||Product you own and use in photos submitted for scoring in KBF-NC / OPEN competition|
|YAKATTACK||$300||$200||Photo of YakAttack gear owned and used during KBF-NC/OPEN mounted/strapped to your kayak|
|TOURNEYTAG||$300||$200||Product you own and used in photos submitted for scoring in KBF-NC / OPEN competition|
|Sponsor||KBF HOW Big Bass Brawl||BONUS ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA|
|KBF||$100, $60, $40||Each day’s top three highest-scoring KBF BONUS BUCKS Participants, regardless of competition ranking. For instance, the top-ranking KBF-BB participant may come in third overall, but because first and second place finishers are not enrolled, the first bonus goes to the third-ranked angler.|
Start competing for KBF BONUS BUCKS by paying the annual $100 registration fee.