2016 KBF HOW Big Bass Brawl - Kentucky LakeHeroes on the Water Benefit Competition
KBF HOW Big Bass Brawl Unique ID, Thur Mar 17: L4X
The ATAK Prize Pak awarded to the winner of this competition is a package of products from KBF sponsors
- Wilderness Systems — 2016 A.T.A.K kayak
- NRS — Chinook Fishing PFD
- YakAttack — BlackPak loaded with gear for rigging the dream
- Bending Branches — Angler Ace Paddle
- ConSeal — Non-skid, sound-deadening pre-cut kit
One Bass to Win it All
Ever catch your biggest bass during practice or right after a tournament? Now it can pay off. KBF is hosting a 4-day Big Bass Brawl benefitting Heroes on the Water (HOW) at the site of the KBF OPEN and KBF National Championship. This is the first of eight such Big Bass Brawls that KBF will be holding in 2016.
Big Bass Brawl on Kentucky Lake – Overview
KBF HOW Big Bass Brawl starts at 6:00 a.m. Thursday, March 17, 2016, so you can upload big bass photos while you’re pre-fishing on Kentucky Lake and Lake Barkley, during the March 2016 KBF OPEN, and on the two days of KBF National Championship competition.
All Entry Fee proceeds (receipts less credit card transaction fees and admin charges) from each KBF HOW Big Bass Brawl are donated to Heroes on the Water, which helps our Nation’s warriors and veterans from all branches of the United States military unwind using the therapeutic qualities of fishing from kayaks.
- Venue Host: Paris-Henry County Chamber of Commerce
- Tournament HQ: Henry County Fairground, 565 Royal Oak Drive, Paris, Tennessee
- Tournament Director: TBA
- Eligibility: Open to both KBF Members and non-members.
- Register: Sign up at TourneyX.
- Competition Rules: KBF Rules are in two parts:
- By registering, each competitor acknowledges he has read and agrees to abide by (a.) the KBF Competition Rules Standards (including the Release and Indemnification Agreement and Copyright and Use of Images Agreement) and to (b.) the specific rules outlined in the KBF Competition Rules Addendum on this page; and
- The competitor further agrees to abide by the KBF Event Participation Terms and Conditions.
- Event Schedule
- Competition start times were established as approximately one hour before sunrise.
- Thursday 3/17: Day 1 Competition on Eligible Waters begins at 6:00 a.m. and ends at 4:00 p.m.
- Thursday 3/17 7:00 p.m.: Day 1 BONUS BUCKS awarded at KBF OPEN Captains Meeting.
- Friday 3/18: Day 2 Competition on Eligible Waters begins at 6:00 a.m. and ends at 4:00 p.m.
- Friday 3/18 4:30 p.m. (or soon thereafter):: Day 2 BONUS BUCKS awarded at KBF OPEN Awards Ceremony.
- Saturday 3/19: Day 3 Competition on Eligible Waters begins at 6:00 a.m. and ends at 4:00 p.m.
- Saturday 3/19 5:00 p.m.: Day 3 BONUS BUCKS awarded at KBF OPEN Captains Meeting.
- Sunday 3/20: Day 4 Competition on Eligible Waters begins at 6:00 a.m. and ends at 4:00 p.m.
- Sunday 3/20 4:30 p.m. (or soon thereafter): Day 4 BONUS BUCKS and KBF HOW Big Bass Brawl winner is announced at the KBF National Championship Awards Ceremony, which begins as soon as judging ends (might be as early as 4:30 or 5:00 p.m.)
Eligible Water & Location: For the KBF HOW Big Bass Brawl, eligible waters are Kentucky Lake and Lake Barkley, bounded by the two dams in the north, I-40 in the south, and the Red River confluence with the Cumberland River in the east, plus any backwaters, bays, creeks and sloughs contiguous to those lakes at present pool level. If you can paddle to it from KY Lake or Barkley, it’s in-bounds.
- Entry Fee and Procedures
- This event is conducted as an online KBF Challenge powered by TourneyX.
- Sign up and pay your $20 Entry Fee at TourneyX.
- Anglers may register and pay Entry Fee until 6 a.m. Sunday, March 20. There are no late fees. If an angler will not or cannot register on TourneyX, he may register at the Check-in station for either the KBF OPEN or the KBF National Championship.
- No Check-in or Captains Meetings are required.
- Entry Fee Transfers—Not permitted for this event.
- Entry Fee Refunds—Not permitted for this event.
- Manual Submission of Digital Photos: The preferred channel for submitting digital photos is upload from the angler’s smart phone directly to to TourneyX. If a Competitor cannot or will not upload photos to Tourney X, there is no alternative on Thursday. On Friday, Saturday, and Sunday, KBF OPEN and KBF National Championship Tournament Staff will, on request, manually upload digital photos at Tournament HQ. Anglers who need to have their digital photos upload to TourneyX by Tournament Staff on those three days must be in line at Tournament HQ by 3 p.m. and be prepared to surrender their camera’s memory card or cell phone and cable. No Competitor who arrives in line after 3:00 p.m. will be allowed to turn in their memory card or cable to Tournament Staff for on-site uploads.
- The individual competitor who submits the longest bass over the four days of competition will win the Wilderness Systems ATAK Prize Pak pictured at right.
- The only cash prizes awarded for this event are daily bonuses awarded to the highest-finishing KBF BONUS BUCKS participant. That individual need not submit the biggest fish of the day of all competitors—just the biggest bass among all KBF BONUS BUCKS participants who are competing.
- In the event of a tie, the winner will be the competitor who submitted his digital photo to TourneyX first; not necessarily the one whose photo has the earliest time stamp, but the time when the photo was received by TourneyX.
- Awarding of Prizes
- Competitors need not be present to receive BONUS BUCKS bonuses. Checks will be mailed to winners if they are not present to accept their prize.
- Competitors need not be present at the KBF National Championship awards ceremony to receive the Wilderness Systems ATAK Prize Pak; however, he must then travel to the Wilderness Systems dealer where the kayak is on display and there accept his prize and congratulation from a representative of Heroes on the Water and the dealer representing the sponsors.
- Tournament results will be visible on TourneyX and will be posted on this Website and on the KBF HOW Big Bass Brawl Series Facebook page. Competitors must be present to claim their awards and bonuses.Since Kentucky and Tennessee do not have a reciprocal fishing license agreement, competitors must have a valid fishing license issued by the state(s) in whose waters they fish.