2016 KBF HOW Big Bass Brawl - Toledo BendHeroes on the Water Benefit Competition
The prize pack for this competition is a package of products from KBF sponsors, still being secured and finalized. To give you an idea of its scope, here’s what was awarded at the October 2015 KBF HOW Big Bass Brawl:
- Wilderness Systems — 2015 A.T.A.K kayak
- YakAttack — Swag Pack that makes sure you’re rigging the dream
- Bending Branches — Paddle
- ConSeal — Non-skid, sound-deadening pre-cut kit
One Bass to Win it All
Ever catch your biggest bass during practice or right after a tournament? Now it can pay off. KBF is hosting a 4-day Big Bass Competition benefitting Heroes on the Water (HOW) at the site of the 2016 KBF OPEN on Toledo Bend.
Big Bass Brawl on Toledo Bend – Overview
KBF HOW Big Bass Brawl starts at 6:00 a.m. Thursday, October 12, 2016, so you can upload big bass photos during the last two days of pre-fishing on Toledo Bend and during the KBF OPEN competition on Friday and Saturday.
All Entry Fees (receipts less admin charges for use of TourneyX) from each KBF HOW Big Bass Brawl are donated to Heroes on the Water, which helps our Nation’s warriors and veterans from all branches of the United States military unwind using the therapeutic qualities of fishing from kayaks.
KBF Competition Rules Addendum
2016 KBF HOW Big Bass Brawl – Toledo Bend — Registered competitors catch and upload photos of bass caught from Fishable Water and during competition hours over the four days, each striving to submit a photo of the longest fish caught to win a single Sponsor’s Prize Package.
Dates and Hours of Competition
- Start times were set to be approximately one hour before sunrise.
- Wednesday 12 October 2016 6:00 to 4:00 p.m.
- Thursday 13 October 2016 6:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
- Friday 14 October 2016 6:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
- Registration cut-off Saturday 15 October at 6:00 a.m.
- Saturday 15 October 2016 6:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
- Awards presented each day at kBF OPEN Captains Meetings and at the KBF OPEN rewards ceremony on Saturday at 7 p.m.
Fishable Water & Location
- Fishable water for this event includes all of Toledo Bend Reservoir, plus
- All backwaters, sloughs, streams, and rivers draining into that lake.
Entry Fee and Procedures
- This event is conducted as an online KBF Challenge powered by TourneyX.
- Sign up and pay your $20 Entry Fee at TourneyX.
- There will be no on-site Event Check-in, and Captains Meetings are not required for participation in this competition.
- Proceeds benefit HOW (Heroes on the Water).
- By registering, each competitor acknowledges he has read and agrees to abide by the KBF Competition Rules Standards and to the specific rules outlined in the KBF Competition Rules Addendum on this page; and
- The competitor further agrees to the KBF Event Participation Terms and Conditions, including the Release and Indemnification Agreement and Copyright and Use of Images Agreement.
Award of Prizes
- No cash prize is awarded for this event as Entry Fees are donated to HOW.
- A Sponsors’ Prize Pack will be awarded to the winner of this event at the KBF National Championship awards ceremony on Sunday, March 20. Results will be visible on TourneyX and will be posted on this Website and on Facebook. The winning competitor need not be present to claim his award. In order to allow the winner some latitude in selecting his prize package model, color, size, etc., and to avoid transport problems, prizes are announced at the awards ceremony but sponsors may be ship them to the winner afterwards.
- Daily $200 Big Bass Bonuses are paid to the competitors enrolled in KBF BONUS BUCKS who submit the longest fish of the day. In case of ties, time of submission determines the winner.