KBF 2016 TRAIL - Old Hickory LakeOld Hickory Lake, April 16, 2016 | KBF Members Only
What: 2016 Kayak Bass Fishing TRAIL Series Tournament – Old Hickory Lake
Hosted by KBFTN and being fished alongside the KBFTN Season Opener
Where: Old Hickory Lake – Pavilion #1, Bledsoe Creek State Park, 400 Zieglers Fort Rd, Gallatin, TN 37066
When: April 23-24. For KBFTN tournament details: Kayak Bass Fishing TN Season Opener
Registration Fee: $75 [Register Now at TourneyX] Entry Fee includes both tournaments, the KBF TRAIL and the KBFTN Season Opener (Anglers wishing to fish the KBFTN Season Opener only may do so by registering onl-site at HOOK 1 Outfitters, 6 pm, Friday April 22)
Host: Kayak Bass Fishing Tennessee (KBFTN)
Latest info: KBFTRAIL Series – Old Hickory Lake on Facebook
Unique KBF-TourneyX Identifier
You may wish to open and print a KBF-TourneyX Identifier blank before you travel to Old Hickory to compete in the KBF TRAIL and KBF HOW BIG BASS Competition. The same blank will be used for both competitions. KBF staff will post the next day’s Big Bass unique ID code(s) on the TourneyX event pages and also email and/or text them to registered competitors at 7 p.m. the evening before each day’s competition. KBF TRAIL identifier codes will be revealed at the Friday 7:00 p.m. and Saturday 4:00 p.m. Captains Meetings.
Compete on Old Hickory Lake for cash, prizes, and a berth at the 2017 KBF National Championship. Only KBF Members are eligible to compete in KBF TRAIL Series tournaments, though all are welcome to fish the two concurrent tournament being held there the same weekend: KBFTN Season Opener, and KBF HOW Big Bass Brawl – Old Hickory
Most anglers fishing this KBF TRAIL Series tournament will also sign up for the KBF HOW Big Bass Brawl – Old Hickory, a one-fish, three-day big bass tournament that runs from 5:45 a.m to 3:00 p.m. Friday, Saturday, and Sunday, April 22-24. On Friday, the last prefishing day for the TRAIL, and during the two days of KBF TRAIL competition, one cast is going to net somebody a fantastic Sponsors’ Prize Pack. Also, a $200 bonus will be awarded each day to the KBF BONUS BUCKS member who submits the biggest (longest) bass of the day. The Entry Fee is $20, and all proceeds will go to Heroes on the Water.
2016 KBF TRAIL – Old Hickory Lake Competition Rules Addendum
- KBF Partner Host: KBF-TN
- Tournament HQ: Pavilion #1, Bledsoe Creek State Park, 400 Zieglers Fort Rd, Gallatin, TN 37066
- Tournament Director: Jeremy Meier, Sarah Meier, Craig Dye
- Eligibility: KBF Membership is required to compete in any KBF TRAIL Series tournament.
- Register: at TourneyX
- Competition Rules: KBF Rules are in two parts:
- By registering, each competitor acknowledges he has read and agrees to abide by (a.) the KBF Competition Rules Standards (including the Release and Indemnification Agreement and Copyright and Use of Images Agreement) and to (b.) the specific rules outlined in the KBF Competition Rules Addendum on this page; and
- The competitor further agrees to abide by the KBF Event Participation Terms and Conditions.
- Rules Exceptions: The following KBF Competition Rules Standards have been changed to be consistent with the KAST Rules followed by the TRAIL Tournament host, KBFTN. [Read KAST Rules.]
- Rule 1.B: Registration and payment may occur at the Friday afternoon or Saturday morning registration meetings, but must be done before start of competition.
- Rule 3: Eligible species are Largemouth, Smallmouth and Spotted (Kentucky) Bass
- Rule 6.F: Wade fishing is prohibited; all fish must be caught while angler is onboard vessel
- Rule 7: All bass must be hooked inside the mouth
- Rule 8.F: Hawg Trough measurement lines must be “marked” and “colored in” and Hawg Trough fence (“lip”) have a sticker or other hi-contrast marking
- Rule 8.F: Competitors must bring Hawg Trough with them to Registration.
- Rule 9.F: Electric motors are prohibited
- Rule 10: Competitor’s hand may not be under gill flap in acceptable photo
- Rule 10: Hook must be removed from fish before taking photo
- Rule 10: e. 1/4” deduction for cracked mouth (i.e.,gHawg Trough is visible between lips), 1” deduction for no attempt
- Rule 11.C: Bass must be at least 12″ in length to be scored
- Rule 11.E: Ties will be broken by times of first fish submitted by competitors for scoring
- Rule 17: PFD must be vest-style, and it must be worn to Captains Meeting
- Rule 17.A: 360-degree white light must be used before daylight or after sunset
- Event Schedule — Competition start times were established as approximately one hour before sunrise.
- Friday 4/22 6:00 pm: Registration Opens – HOOK 1 Outfitters, 127 Sanders Ferry Rd, Hendersonville, TN 37075
- Friday 4/22 7:00 pm. Mandatory Captain’s Meeting, HOOK 1 Outfitters; hand out identifiers
- Saturday 4/34 5:00 am: Late registration and Captains Meeting, Tournament HQ
- Saturday 4/23 5:45 am: Lines wet (You can be on the water beforehand)
- Saturday 4/23 3:00 pm:.Must be in line at Tournament HQ to check in/submit fish
- Saturday 4/23 4:00 pm: Captain’s meeting/hand out new identifiers
- Sunday 4/24 5:45 am: Lines wet(You can be on the water beforehand)
- Sunday 4/24 1:00 pm: Must be in line at Tournament HQ to check in/submit digital photos
- Sunday 4/24 2:00 pm: Awards Ceremony begins as soon as judging ends
- Format: In this two-day CPR tournament, each competitor’s best five fish over two day caught from eligible water during competition hours and submitted within the time frame permitted by the rules will contribute to the cumulative score.
- Eligible Water & Location: For the 2016 KBF TRAIL – Old Hickory Lake, eligible waters are all of Old Hickory Lake from the Old Hickory Dam to Hwy 141. Eligible waters include backwaters, bays, creeks and sloughs contiguous to those lakes at present pool level, except restricted areas where fishing is not allowed. All waters must be connected with Old Hickory Lake and an angler must be able to paddle from their fishing location to Old Hickory Lake within the defined boundaries.
- Entry Fee and Procedures
- This event is conducted as an online KBF Tournament powered by TourneyX.
- Sign up and pay your $75 Entry Fee at TourneyX, or pay with cash at Captains Meeting.
- Competitors may register and pay Entry Fees at Check-in on Friday (or 5:o00 a.m. Saturday) if they have not already done so earlier on TourneyX.
- Entry Fee Transfers—Up until April 16, 2016, Entry Fees submitted via TourneyX may be transferred to another Competitor’s account. There is no service charge for transfers.
- Entry Fee Refunds—Refund requests must be received by KBF by email or in writing by Thursday, April 15. All refunds will be assessed a 10% service charge.
- Manual Submission of Digital Photos: The preferred channel for submitting digital photos is upload from the angler’s smart phone directly to to TourneyX. If an Competitor cannot or will not upload photos to Tourney X, Tournament Staff will do so at Tournament HQ. Anglers who need to have their digital photos upload to TourneyX by Tournament Staff must be in line at Tournament HQ by the check-in times listed above on Competition Days and be prepared to surrender their camera’s memory card or cell phone and cable. No Competitor who arrives in line after the check-in time will be allowed to turn in a memory card or cable to Tournament Staff for on-site uploads.
- The number of places and payout amounts will vary with the number of registered competitors. First place is guaranteed $2,000.
- In addition the 5 top anglers from this TRAIL will qualify for slots at 2017 KBF National Championships
- KBF Angler of the Year points may also be earned at this event.
- For KBF BONUS BUCKS Program Participants:
- Top Finish: Feelfree Lure 11.5 kayak
- 2nd highest finish: Bending Branches Angler Pro Plus Realtree Camo
- NRS Chinook Fishing PFD
- Awarding of Prizes
- Competitors must be present to receive awards.
- Cash prizes and BONUS BUCKS will be distributed at the Sunday Afternoon Awards Ceremony at Tournament HQ.
- Tournament results will be visible on TourneyX and will be posted on this Website and on Facebook. Competitors must be present to claim their awards and bonuses.