Kayak Bass Fishing State Challenge Series Rules
State Challenge Series Rules and Entry Details
- Enter each Kayak Bass Fishing State Challenge by registering at TourneyX.
- Participants are not restricted to state of residence but may register for as many simultaneous State Challenges as they wish, providing they have valid fishing licenses for each state. Bass photos may be submitted only for the state in which the bass were caught, and prize recipients must be prepared to submit proof of valid fishing license.
- Registration for each event closes at 12:00 a.m. on the first day of the event.
RULES ARE SUBJECT TO UPDATES OR CHANGES AS NECESSARY FOR CLARIFICATION OR IMPROVED EFFECTIVENESS
- All fish entered must be caught from a kayak or other acceptable watercraft by legal methods specified by the Department of Fish and Game of the state in which they are caught. Acceptable watercraft is defined as any watercraft defined by the manufacturer as a kayak and sold as a kayak. Any other craft, paddled or otherwise propelled, must be approved in advance by Kayak Bass Fishing.
- Photographic evidence must include a printed copy of the current TourneyX State Challenge Series Identifier; there are no exceptions or exclusions. TourneyX will distribute unique Identifiers to all registrants on the first day of the event, which they can download and print from the TourneyX dashboard. PLEASE DO NOT EMAIL, MESSAGE, TEXT OR POST ASKING FOR EARLY RELEASE OF THE IDENTIFIER
- An acceptable submission is a clear photograph of the fish, facing left, dorsal fin toward the top of the photo, mouth completely closed and tail centered on the measuring device and in a natural, unpinched position. (The dorsal fin requirement is strictly for orientation, the fish does not have to have an erect dorsal fin.) Fish photographs must also contain the current unique identifier. The unique identifier will be available once the Challenge eligibility begins. See Photo Guidelines below.
- Fish caught from a kayak during approved period are eligible for submission. Check each State Challenge Series for specific details. Fish caught prior to registration are ineligible. Each Challenge will have prescribed dates and any bass entered after deadline expiration will be ineligible for scoring. There are no exceptions to this rule. Each State Challenge will follow these basic guidelines along with specific rules listed for each specific State Challenge where necessary.
- All fish entered must be caught in the Continental United States for prize eligibility. Fish caught in Mexico and Canada are ineligible for submission for the Kayak Bass Fishing State Challenge Series.
- Eligible species and minimum submission criteria will be listed in each State Challenge. Unless otherwise stated, all black bass species are eligible for submission and are scored equally.
- Use of electric motorized kayaks IS permitted. (Specific Restrictions Apply—See Motorized Kayak Restrictions Below.)
- Only fish caught from kayaks are eligible. The use of similar paddle and hybrid craft is allowed with previous approval of Kayak Bass Fishing management. For questionable craft that may not qualify, contact Kayak Bass Fishing for eligibility determination. No craft operating with gasoline or other petroleum power propulsion are eligible. (READ MOTHERSHIPPING RESTRICTIONS BELOW)
- Catch, Photo and Release (“CPR”) is the required method of submission. No photos of dead, mutilated, frozen or otherwise damaged fish will be accepted and all photos must have the kayak visible in the photo.
- A bass submitted may NOT be considered for multiple State Challenges unless specified in the rules for a particular event. Anglers are only permitted to win the First Place prize in one Challenge per state.
- Entry must be submitted within three days from the date of catch. Unique photo identifiers may be changed at any time rendering all previous identifiers or identifier combinations inadmissible. Eligibility is not established until the entry is received by TourneyX and posted in the appropriate State Challenge Series portal.
- Any attempts at cheating or fraud will result in permanent suspension from Kayak Bass Fishing State Challenge Series, banning from all KBF website privileges and disqualification from the Angler of the Year eligibility and entry into any and all future Kayak Bass Fishing OPEN, Kayak Bass Fishing NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP or any KBF Affiliated Event.
- RESULTS OF CONFIRMED CHEATING WILL BE RELEASED PUBLICLY TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT POSSIBLE
ACCEPTABLE METHODS OF CAPTURE
Artificial Lure Only. All fish must be caught on Rod, Reel, Line and Hook with ARTIFICIAL LURES ONLY unless specifically stated for special challenges or promotions. All State and Local laws for area of capture must be complied with. Any additional requirements will be outlined in the specific State Challenge.
SALE OF PRIZES
NO PRIZES WON PARTICIPATING IN KAYAK BASS FISHING STATE CHALLENGES MAY BE SOLD ON KBF FORUMS OR ANY AFFILIATE WEBSITE, FACEBOOK PAGE, OR EVENT PAGE FOR A PERIOD OF ONE FULL YEAR. AFTER ONE YEAR, CHALLENGE PRIZES MAY ONLY BE SOLD IN KAYAKBASSFISHING.COM BASSifieds AFTER RECEIVING PERMISSION FROM KAYAK BASS FISHING ADMINISTRATION. VIOLATION OF THIS RULE WILL RESULT IN INELIGIBILITY FOR ALL FUTURE EVENTS AND FORFEITURE OF QUALIFICATION STATUS.
RELEASE OF INFORMATION
All photographs, stories, accounts, likenesses and information pertinent to the KBF State Challenge Series submission may be used by the Challenge Sponsor and Kayak Bass Fishing for marketing and promotional purposes. The entrant releases the use of this information without expectation for additional compensation upon submission of entry.
MOTHERSHIPPING AND WADEFISHING
- The use of motherships is NOT permitted.
- ASSISTANCE FROM POWERBOATS IS PERMITTED ONLY IN EMERGENCIES
- Wade fishing is permitted provided the angler utilizes the kayak to access the fishing location. Fish caught while not in the kayak ARE eligible for submission.
- ALL PARTICIPANTS ACKNOWLEDGE THAT THE USE OF POLYGRAPHS MAY BE NECESSARY TO SETTLE DISPUTES AND ENTRY CONSTITUTES ACCEPTANCE OF THIS REQUIREMENT. ANY ANGLER REFUSING A POLYGRAPH WILL BE IMMEDIATELY DISQUALIFIED FROM ALL FUTURE CHALLENGES AND BANNED FROM ANY FUTURE PARTICIPATION IN ANY KBF CHALLENGE SERIES.
- *** NO MONIES WILL BE REFUNDED IF ANGLER IS DISQUALIFIED FROM COMPETITION.***
- In the event of an exact tie for length in any position, the fish that was entered first will be awarded the tie breaker for the higher finishing position. It is imperative that the board clock is set correctly or your settings are correct. It is each anglers responsibility to ensure that this is correct and the only official clock is that of the Kayak Bass Fishing Administration.
MEASUREMENT DEVICE AND REQUIREMENTS
- THE ONLY ACCEPTABLE MEASURING DEVICE FOR THE KBF STATE CHALLENGE SERIES IS THE HAWG TROUGH. No restraints, clips or other methods of securing the fish are permitted in the photographs.
- When entering bass length on TourneyX, ENSURE ALL FISH LENGTHS ARE ROUNDED DOWN TO THE NEAREST 1/4 INCH. All lengths submitted are unofficial until photos are verified by tournament judge; however, correctly entering length will avoid excessive time delays and disputes. Don’t worry, the judge is going to award you the maximum score possible regardless of your initial entry.
- THE MOUTH MUST BE CLOSED IN ALL PHOTOS. THERE IS NO EXCEPTION OR DEBATE. IF YOUR TOURNAMENT OR CLUB DOESN’T DO IT THAT WAY, PLEASE COMPETE IN THAT CHALLENGE SERIES OR TOURNAMENT. UPDATE: A Minimum 1/2″ deduction will be enforced for an open mouth. Maximum deduction shall be at the judges sole discretion, up to and including disqualification of entry.
MOTORIZED KAYAK RESTRICTIONS (Still In Work)
The Kayak Bass Fishing series of tournaments permits the use of electric motors with the following restrictions.
- Motors must be attached to the kayak in a safe manner for operation.
- Electric motors ONLY. No fuel powered or hybrid motors allowed.
- Motorized kayaks may not exceed 3 HP or 155 Ft/lb thrust rating.
- Motorized kayaks may not exceed manufacturers recommendation or established Coast Guard limitations for each craft.
- Kayak motors must comply with all established laws and operating restrictions for the designating fishing area.
- Registration and compliance with all laws is the sole responsibility of each individual operator.
- No more than one motor may be attached to the kayak regardless of combined horsepower/thrust/power rating. Motors with dual props operated by a single power source are permissible as long as the unit is manufactured and sold as a unit.
PROTESTS OR DISPUTES
- Protests or Disputes are only allowed for your submission and anglers may not dispute the scoring of the catch of another angler. All decision by Kayak Bass Fishing Series directors are FINAL and any dispute must be handled privately by PM, or email, telephone or written protest.
- Sponsor contributions will not be devalued by disputes or disagreements in public forums.
- Publicly disputing any judgement decisions by Kayak Bass Fishing Series directors will result in participants receiving one warning followed by permanent disqualification for repeated offenses. Any public dispute of final rulings, ongoing determination by judges or judging panel is grounds for immediate disqualification from the current event and termination of any eligibility for future events, even if previously qualified. This is not in place to prevent any disputes, it is done to ensure a fair and unbiased approach to determining the best possible outcome.
- Any angler who is dissatisfied with the ruling of Kayak Bass Fishing may request a refund of the State Challenge Entry registration fee at any time. Refund of Challenge Entry donation will result in termination of eligibility for the remainder of the Challenge Series and for ONE FULL YEAR following the date of the refund and remains at the discretion of the Challenge Series Director.
- ONE PRIZE WILL BE AWARDED PER 30 PAID ENTRIES IN EACH CHALLENGE. (EXACT PRIZES AND VALUES ARE TBD)
- Prizes will be processed as quickly as possible. KBF hosts the only events where you can pick your prize color, size and model. This is done to allow contestants some flexibility in picking the prize they want rather than win an awesome prize and be dissatisfied with the model, color or style. There will be some limitations on picking specific features and model availability, but this method is much better for the overall return on investment for sponsors and contestant satisfaction. Please be aware that prizes that require processing (e.g. kayaks, paddles) may require additional processing or delivery time—30 days or more if prizes must be fabricated and shipped.