KBF 2016 TRAIL - Dale HollowDale Hollow Reservoir - April 2, 2016
Compete for cash, prizes, and a berth at the 2017 KBF National Championship on this famed smallmouth bass lakes. All KBF TRAIL tournaments are open to KBF Members only.
The final payouts and the number of paying places at the KBF OPEN will be determined by the number of registrants, but first place is guaranteed a $2,000 pay-out.
Most anglers fishing this KBF TRAIL will also sign up for the 2016 KBF HOW Big Bass Brawl – Dale Hollow, a separate but concurrent event that runs the last two pre-fishing days and the day of TRAIL competition, Any cast over those three days can net you a fantastic Sponsors’ Prize Pack, plus $200 cash each day’s top BONUS BUCKS member. All entry fee proceeds benefit Heroes on the Water.
2016 KBF TRAIL – Dale Hollow Competition Rules Addendum
- KBF Partner Host: Bluegrass Yakmasters
- Tournament HQ: Dairy Queen, 807 Tennessee Rd, Albany, KY 42602
- Tournament Director: Jay Wallen
- Eligibility: KBF Membership is required to compete in any KBF TRAIL Series tournament.
- Register: at TourneyX
- Competition Rules: KBF Rules are in two parts:
- By registering, each competitor acknowledges he has read and agrees to abide by (a.) the KBF Competition Rules Standards (including the Release and Indemnification Agreement and Copyright and Use of Images Agreement) and to (b.) the specific rules outlined in the KBF Competition Rules Addendum on this page; and
- The competitor further agrees to abide by the KBF Event Participation Terms and Conditions.
- Rules Exceptions for This Event: All KBF Rules will apply with two exceptions.
- Electric motors are prohibited in this tournament. KBF Competition Rules Standard 9.F., therefore, does not apply. The part of 9.E. referring to electric motors, also, is not in effect for this tournament. No electric motors will be allowed in this one event.
- Fish hooks and lures attached to the fish for photos are prohibited and are grounds for the photo to be disqualfied.
- Event Schedule
- Competition start times were established as approximately one hour before sunrise.
- Friday 4/1 12:00 a.m. Midnight Saturday Morning): Prefishing on Eligible Waters ends. (Change from original time.)
- Saturday 4/2 5:15 a.m. CDT: Check-in and on-site registration at Albany, KY Dairy Queen
- Saturday 4/2 7:00 a.m. CDT: Lines in Water; Competition Start Time
- Saturday 4/2 4:00 p.m. CDT: Report in deadline at Tournament HQ (Dairy Queen parking lot).
- Saturday 4/2 5:00 p.m. CDT (or soon thereafter): Awards Ceremony begins as soon as judging ends
- Format: In this one-day CPR tournament, each competitor’s three (3) longest bass caught from eligible water during competition hours and submitted within the time frame permitted by the rules will contribute to the cumulative score.
- Eligible Water & Location: For the 2016 KBF TRAIL – Dale Hollow, eligible waters are all of Dale Hollow Lake including backwaters, bays, creeks and sloughs contiguous to those lakes at present pool level, except restricted areas where fishing is not allowed. Basically, if you can paddle to it from Dale Hollow Reservoir, it’s in-bounds.
- Entry Fee and Procedures
- This event is conducted as an online KBF Tournament powered by TourneyX.
- Sign up and pay your $75 Entry Fee at TourneyX, or pay by cash at Captains Meeting.
- Check-in and Captains Meetings will be at Tournament HQ. Competitors may register and pay Entry Fees at Check-in if they have not already done so earlier.
- Entry Fee Transfers—Up until March 25, 2016, Entry Fees submitted via TourneyX may be transferred to another Competitor’s account. There is no service charge for transfers.
- Entry Fee Refunds—Refund requests must be received by KBF by email or in writing by Thursday, March 25. All refunds will be assessed a 10% service charge.
- Manual Submission of Digital Photos: The preferred channel for submitting digital photos is upload from the angler’s smart phone directly to to TourneyX. If an Competitor cannot or will not upload photos to Tourney X, Tournament Staff will do so at Tournament HQ. Anglers who need to have their digital photos upload to TourneyX by Tournament Staff must be in line at Tournament HQ by 4 p.m. CDT on Competition Days and be prepared to surrender their camera’s memory card or cell phone and cable. No Competitor who arrives in line after 4 p.m. will be allowed to turn in a memory card or cable to Tournament Staff for on-site uploads.
- The number of places and payout amounts will vary with the number of registered competitors. First place is guaranteed $2,000.
- In addition the 5 top anglers will qualify for slots at 2017 KBF National Championships:
- Awarding of Prizes
- Competitors must be present to receive awards.
- Cash prizes and BONUS BUCKS will be distributed at the Saturday evening Awards Ceremony at Tournament HQ.
- Tournament results will be visible on TourneyX and will be posted on this Website and on Facebook. Competitors must be present to claim their awards and bonuses. A Kentucky and Tennessee reciprocal fishing license agreement permits anglers with a valid sport fishing license from either state to fish in the Wolf River, including Illwill Creek, beginning at the state line as it crosses the Wolf River at its mouth where it joins the Obey River. Creel limits and other regulations of the state where the license was issued will apply. In all other parts of Dale Hollow Lake, competitors must carry a valid fishing license issued by the state(s) in whose waters they fish.
From the Kentucky Department of Fisheries and Wildlife, Page 15
Anglers may use either a Tennessee or a Kentucky sport fishing license while fishing in the Wolf River arm of Dale Hollow Lake. This includes the Illwill Creek embayment beginning at a line crossing the Wolf River at its mouth where it joins the Obey River and the main part of the lake. Anglers must obey the regulations of the state in which they are licensed. Kentucky residents must have a Kentucky license
From the 2016 Tennessee Fishing Guide, Page 45
Sportfishing licenses from either state are recognized in Wolf River including Illwill Creek, beginning at a line crossing the Wolf River at its mouth where it joins the Obey River. Creel limits and other regulations of the state where the license was issued apply