2017 KBF TRAIL Series Overview
KBF Members can pit their skill against world-class kayak bass anglers in tournaments closer to home. KBF TRAIL Series Tournaments are stepping stones to the 2018 KBF National Championship and the first KBF World Championship that’s being planned for 2018 in Germany. Tournament Entry Fees have been reduced to $50 in 2017 to encourage greater participation. Non-members share the administrative costs of running this series by a mandatory $25 Admin Surcharge. This may be done during registration on TourneyX, but if skipped, click this button to pay the surcharge by PayPal account or credit/debit card.
Prizes—Guaranteed $1,000 Minimum for each First Place finish, with additional payouts to 10% of the field. Winners are required to provide KBF with a W-9 form, and then winnings are paid via PayPal Funds Transfer (or by mailed check, if no PayPal account).
KBF BONUS BUCKS participants can win additional cash and sponsors’ product bonuses, too.
NuCanoe will be awarding a Pursuit fishing kayak as an additional First Place Prize at every KBF TRAIL Series Tournament with 100 or more registrants.
KBF Angler of the Year Points will be awarded according to performance to every KBF Member who registers to compete in TRAIL Series Tournaments, from 200 for First place down to 40 for every active partcipant and 20 for those who register and are unable to compete. The “category cap” (maximum number of AOY Points that can be accumulated) for TRAIL-earned KBF AOY Points increased to 1,200 in 2017.
KBF-NC Slots—KBF TRAIL Series Tournaments are qualifying events for the 2018 KBF National Championship and are factored in to selection for the 2018 KBF World Championship, too. Assuming at least 30 competitors register, one slot will be awarded for every ten registrants with a mininum of five.
As of February, thirty-nine TRAIL Series tournaments are on the books, with more still in negotiatoins. KBF Partners (KBF-affiliated clubs and circuits) host and staff these events. KBF provides judges who will objectively and fairly review, score, and provide feedback to competitors when appropriate.
Interested in hosting a KBF TRAIL Series Tournament in your neck o’ the woods? Reach out to other kayak bass anglers and KBF Partners in your region, gauge the interest level, and contact KBF to get the ball rolling. TRAIL Tournaments require 30+ participants to qualify for prize minimums and other perks. The hosting KBF Partner designates tournament director and recruits event staff to handle logistics. Partner liaisons coordinate with Venue Hosts and KBF Management to arrange for Tournament HQ facilities, merchant discounts and other KBF Member amenities. KBF-certified judges from other regions of the country will judge the event, freeing up KBF Partner directors and officers to compete in the event and ensure complete objectivity in scoring. If you have the support of kayak anglers in your area and can commit to run a KBF TRAIL Tournaments in 2017, please email Kristi at KBF or text her through Facebook Messenger.
2017 KBF TRAIL EVENTS BY DATE
- Saturday, March 11, 2017, Falls Lake, NC
- Saturday, March 11, 2017, Barren River Lake, KY
- Saturday, April 8, 2017, New River Spring Shootout, VA
- Saturday, April 15, 2017, Three River Throwdown, GA
- Saturday, April 15, 2017, Beaver Lake, AR
- Saturday, April 22, 2017, Mud Creek, TN
- Saturday, April 29, 2017, Stonewall Jackson Lk, WV
- Saturday, April 29, 2017, Cayuga Lake, NY
- Saturday, April 29, 2017, Deer Point, FL
- Sunday, April 30, 2017, Kent Lake, MI
- Saturday, May 13, 2017, Lake Barkley, TN
- Saturday, May 20, 2017, Belvadeer Lake, IA
- Sunday, May 21, 2017, Mozingo Lake, MO
- Saturday, May 20, 2017, Lake St Clair, MI
- Saturday, May 20, 2017, Lake Chickamauga, TN
- Saturday, June 3, 2017, Reelfoot Lake, TN
- Saturday, June 3, 2017, Summit Lake, NE
- Saturday, June 3, 2017, Peconic River System, NY
- Saturday, June 17, 2017, CJ Strike Reservoir, ID
- Saturday, June 24, 2017, Wilson Reservoir, KY
- Saturday, June 24, 2017, Occoquan Reservoir, VA
- Saturday, June 24, 2017, Chattahoochee River, GA
- Saturday, July 8, 2017, Randleman Lake, NC
- Saturday, July 8, 2017, Lake Winnipesaukee, NH
- Saturday, July 15, 2017, West Point Lake, GA
- Saturday, July 22, 2017, Pontiac Lake, MI
- Saturday, July 29, 2017, Lake Erie, OH
- Saturday, July 29, 2017, Lake Wanahoo, NE
- Saturday, August 12, 2017, Lake Tanycomo, MO
- Saturday, August 19, 2017, Anderson Ranch Reservoir, ID
- Saturday, August 19, 2017, Cedar Creek Lake, KY
- Saturday, September 2, 2017, New River WV 2-day, WV
- Saturday, September 16, 2017, Prineville Reservoir, OR
- Saturday, September 23, 2017, Big Hill Lake, KS
- Saturday, September 30, 2017, Lake St Clair, MI
- Saturday, October 7, 2017, New River, VA
- Saturday, October 7, 2017, Table Rock Lake, MO
- Saturday, October 21, 2017, Chester Frost Park, Chickamauga, TN
- Saturday, November 4, 2017, Lake Havasu, AZ