For the Turkey hunting enthusiast

Forum Sponsored by: HOOK 1 - Kayak Fishing Gear!

Many of us also like to blast some critters, sling an arrow or stick a fish. Share your hunting stories, questions, ideas and suggestions.......Trade a Trip! Times are tough, so if you would like to try an area somewhere other than your home turf and you would like to host someone to come try yours in return post it here and trade trips with other outdoorsmen.

Moderators: oubassman, BigYaker, w2n, PA hillbilly, Wayners, kayakfish, PA-Smallies, SnookOne

For the Turkey hunting enthusiast

Postby tadpole » Wed Dec 07, 2011 9:25 pm

this is a erythritic or red phase wild turkey. sorry for the crappy cell phone pics,but this bird is very cool looking! Hes a young jake,but come spring I'm going after that bird!! that would be one cool looking mount 8-) I hope he makes it through the winter :) anyone ever see a red phase before? Ive seen the smoke phase on hens,but that's it.
Attachments
095.jpg
2006,2007,2008,2009,2010,2011 SW Michigan One man Kayak tournament Champion!!

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." ~ Dr. Seuss

Native Ultimate 12
WS Ride
NEXT?
tadpole
KBF AmBASSador

Re: For the Turkey hunting enthusiast

Postby archeryrob » Thu Dec 08, 2011 6:13 am

Never seen one. Start tracking him with a better camera. I would like to see more and better pics. That's one pretty bird!
"If you can't have fun doing it, it ain't worth doing." ... or you're just doing it wrong. :D

My Blog
"Confessions of a fisherman, hunter and tinkerer"
http://archeryrob.wordpress.com/
archeryrob
KBF 1000 Club

Postby PA hillbilly » Thu Dec 08, 2011 11:19 am

Have heard of them, but that is the first pic I 've even seen. that would be a great trophy!
PA hillbilly
Pro Staff - Moderator

Postby Shaun » Fri Dec 09, 2011 9:11 am

Now that's a cool looking bird. I would have to do a full body mount. I'm surprised he has lived this long with those color in the wild.
Shaun
KBF 500 Club

Return to Hunting, Bowfishing and Trade-N-Trips