$10,000 Kayak Bass Shootout
KBF’s 2016 top 10 Anglers at world-famous Bienville Plantation
What: KBF’s “the TEN” is a two-day CPR kayak bass fishing competition that pits top-ranked KBF Members against each other for a winner-take-all $10,000 purse. The TEN refers to ten competitors. Ten different lakes from which to choose. Ten fish over two days. And ten thousand dollars in prize money.
Where: Bienville Plantation is in White Springs, Florida, midway across the state and about 30 miles south of the Georgia line. With 12 lakes and numerous ponds totaling over 11,000 acres, a fishing adventure on Bienville’s “pay-to-play” lakes is at the top of many trophy bass hunters’ bucket list. Over the past 40 years, mining companies’ open phosphate strip mines were painstakingly reformed and filled to create nutrient-rich ponds that, today, support healthy populations of bait and gamefish. Their weedy shorelines have become familiar to fans of bass fishing celebrities whose televised exploits highlighted Bienville’s impressive numbers and trophy-sized fish for more than a generation. This is an ideal situation for kayak bass fishing, and Bienville Plantation will be providing first-class accommodations and rolling out a red carpet for the TEN.
When: Captains Meeting Thursday, January 26. Competition Fri/Sat January 27-28, 2017
1. To recognize the most proficient kayak bass fishermen among all KBF Members, as measured by 2016 KBF AOY scores.
2. To reward KBF Members for their support of Kayak Bass Fishing and participation in our world-class competition.
3. To showcase this incredible kayak fishing and trophy bass destination.
How: To qualify for this competition, one must:
1. Be a KBF Member in 2016. After June 1, 2016, only points earned AFTER becoming a KBF Member count.
2. Be among the top ten highest-ranked KBF Members based on 2016 KBF Angler of the Year points.
By December 1, all 2016 KBF AOY Points will have been submitted. KBF AOY rankings will be published soon thereafter. The angler having the highest score will be crowned the 2016 KBF Angler of the Year and will be presented with a prize package valued at $7,500.
He and nine other anglers who rank just below him in KBF AOY points will comprise “the TEN.” They will converge on Florida to enjoy the hospitality of Bienville Plantation and vie for a $10,000, winner-take-all purse. Bienville’s world-famous big bass lakes will be the backdrop for this televised event where the elite kayak anglers will have ample opportunity to showcase their sponsors’ products and represent their clubs.
If one of “the TEN” is unable to participate, his position will roll down to the top alternate BONUS BUCKS member based on 2016 KBF AOY ranking.
The TEN Rules Addendum
This is an addendum to the KBF Competition Rules Standards and is specific to the 2017 The TEN Tournament.
- Venue Host: Bienville Plantation
- Tournament HQ: Bienville Plantation Pavilion adjacent to the Lodge.
- Tournament Director: Joe Haubenreich
- Eligibility: This event is limited to participation by 2017 KBF Members and KBF Lifetime Members who finished in the top ten in 2016 KBF AOY rankings.
- Competition Rules: KBF Rules are in two parts: By registering, each competitor acknowledges he has read and agrees to abide by
- the KBF Competition Rules Standards (including the Release and Indemnification Agreement and Copyright and Use of Images Agreement) and to
- the specific rules outlined in the KBF Competition Rules Addendum on this page; and
- The competitor further agrees to abide by the KBF Event Participation Terms and Conditions.
- Event Schedule
- Thursday 1/26, 7:00 – 4:00 p.m.: Paddle-through on eligible waters (no fishing tackle allowed on kayaks).
- Thursday 1/26, 3:00 p.m. to 5:30 p.m.: Check-in and Late Registrations at Tournament HQ
- Thursday 1/26, 6:00 p.m.: Captains Meeting with door prizes at Tournament HQ (If unable to attend, must attend a make-up Captains Meeting at 6:15 a.m. on Friday at Tournament HQ)
- Friday 1/27, 6:00 a.m.: Enter property and launch at any time thereafter.
- Friday 1/27, 7:00 a.m.: Competition Start Time.
- Friday 1/27, 3:30 p.m.: Anglers unable to upload photos and need tournament staff to manually upload them must be in the judges’ check-in line by this time with media card or camera and USB cable.
- Friday 1/27, 4:00 p.m.: All anglers must be in or through the judges’ line at Tournament HQ for photo confirmation.
- Friday 1/27, 5:00 p.m.: Mandatory Captains Meeting and door prizes
- Saturday 1/28, 6:00 a.m.: Enter property and launch any time thereafter.
- Saturday 1/28, 7:00 a.m.: Competition Start Time
- Saturday 1/28, 3:30 p.m.: Anglers unable to upload photos and need tournament staff to manually upload them must be in the judges’ check-in line by this time with media card or camera and USB cable.
- Saturday 1/28, 4:00 p.m.: All anglers must be in or through the judges’ line at tournament HQ for photo confirmation and distribution of meal tickets.
- Saturday 1/28, 5:30 p.m.: (or as soon as possible thereafter) Begin Awards Ceremony at Tournament HQ, starting with The TEN, followed by Big Bass, then Bienville Bassin’ awards, and finally door prizes. Must be present to receive prize(s).
- Eligible Water & Location
- Lake Purvis and Lake Thomas.
- Prefishing on eligible waters is prohibited during the seven days prior to competition, January 20-26.
- Entry Fee and Registration Procedures
- This event is conducted as an online Tournament powered by TourneyX.
- Entry Fee Amount: $0.00
- Check-in, Captains Meetings, and awards will be at Tournament HQ.
- Manual Submission of Digital Photos: Data signals on Bienville Plantation lakes is weak to spotty, but Wi-Fi signal is strong at the Lodge and in each Cabin. Competitors may find it necessary to return to a Wi-Fi hotspot in order to upload images to TourneyX. The preferred channel for submitting digital photos is direct upload from the angler’s smart phone to TourneyX. If a Competitor cannot or will not upload photos to Tourney X, Tournament Staff will assist him to do so at Tournament HQ. Anglers who need to have their digital photos upload to TourneyX by Tournament Staff must be prepared to surrender their camera’s memory card or cell phone and cable. No Competitor who arrives in line after 3:30 p.m. Friday or Saturday will be allowed to turn in his memory card or cable to Tournament Staff for on-site uploads
- Prizes — $10,000 winner-take-all
- Awarding of Prizes
- Competitors must be present to receive awards
- Cash prizes and bonuses will be distributed at the Saturday evening Awards Ceremony at Tournament HQ
- Tournament results will be visible on TourneyX and a report will subsequently will be posted on Faceboo
About Bienville Plantation