Many kayak bass anglers are veterans and active duty military. We enjoy the freedom and break from everyday pressures it brings. KBF is committed to supporting Heroes on the Water, which shares the therapeutic, healing raps up the year with an OPEN KBF Specialty Challenge. This two-day, three-bass-per-day tournament is open to both KBF Members and non-members, though only KBF Members accumulate AOY points. It is a qualifying event for the 2017 KBF National Championship, which will be March 30-April 1 on Kentucky Lake, Paris, Tennessee.
Cash payout amounts will be determined by the total number of registrants. 50% of entry fees will be donated to HOW. 5% will cover TourneyX and PayPal transaction fees. 45% will be awarded as prizes, 5% to the top finisher in each of KBF’s nine Regions. State of residence on TourneyX will determine regional grouping.
Veterans Day KBF Challenge Competition Rules Addendum
- Tournament Director: Joe Haubenreich
- Eligibility: This is an OPEN Challenge, welcoming participation by all kayak bass anglers, both KBF Members and non-members.
- Competition Rules: KBF Rules are in two parts:
- By registering, each competitor acknowledges he has read and agrees to abide by (a.) the KBF Competition Rules Standards (including the Release and Indemnification Agreement and Copyright and Use of Images Agreement) and to (b.) the specific rules outlined in the KBF Competition Rules Addendum on this page; and
- The competitor further agrees to abide by the KBF Event Participation Terms and Conditions.
- Event Schedule
- Competition start and end times are all Central Daylight Time (CDT).
- Friday 11/11 2:00 a.m. CDT: Competition Start Time
- Sunday 11/13 9:00 p.m. CDT: Competition End Time
- Format: This three-day CPR tournament will be determined by the longest 3-bass total length over the 69 hours of competition. Each competitor’s three longest bass caught from eligible water during competition hours and submitted within the competition hours will contribute to the cumulative score.
- Eligible Water & Location: All public-access water in your KBF Region. By “public-access” means water for which there are no restrictions on the basis age, race, residence, association or organization membership, during hours permitted by regulations. Payment for access is does not make such water ineligible if anyone who pays the access fee is permitted to fish there, and no one is restricted on any other basis. For more
- Entry Fee and Registration Procedures
- This event is conducted as an online KBF Challenge powered by TourneyX.
- Sign up and pay your $21 Entry Fee at TourneyX.
- Check-in and Captains Meetings will be at Tournament HQ. Competitors may register and pay Entry Fees at Check-
- Entry Fee Refunds—None provided.
- The payout amounts will vary with the number of registered competitors. A cash prize will go to the top finisher in each region.
- In addition 5% of the field will qualify for slots at the 2017 KBF National Championship, based on KBF’s RAF (Regionally Adjustment Factor, which is derived from historical data and reduces geographical disparities in anglers’ accomplishments). If an angler in the top ranks has already qualified, then his slot will roll down to the highest alternate who has not.
- Info Updates & Discussion: KBF Challenge Series Facebook Page
Unique KBF-TourneyX Identifier
You may wish to open and print a KBF-TourneyX Identifier blank before the event identifier appears in your TourneyX dashboard. The blank is used for all KBF competitions. KBF staff will post the Challenge’s unique ID code on the TourneyX event pages and on Facebook and also email and/or text a description to registered competitors at 7 p.m. the evening before competition begins.