2016 KBF HOW Big Bass Brawl - Wheeler Lake, ALHeroes on the Water Benefit Competition
The ATAK Prize Pak awarded to the winner of this competition is a package of products from KBF sponsors
- Wilderness Systems — 2016 A.T.A.K kayak
- YakAttack — BlackPak loaded with swag so you can be rigging the dream
- Bending Branches — Angler Pro Plus Paddle
- NRS — Chinook Fishing PFD
One Bass to Win it All
Ever catch your biggest bass during practice or right after a tournament? Now it can pay off. KBF is hosting a 2-day Big Bass Competition benefitting Heroes on the Water (HOW) at the site of the KBF TRAIL on Wheeler Lake.
Big Bass Brawl on Wheeler Lake, Alabama – Overview
KBF HOW Big Bass Brawl on Wheeler Lake, Alabama starts at 5:00 a.m. Friday, August 4, 2016, so you can upload your big bass photos while pre-fishing and during the 2016 KBF TRAIL Series Tournament competition day.
All Entry Fees (receipts less admin charges for use of TourneyX) from each KBF HOW Big Bass Brawl are donated to Heroes on the Water, which helps our Nation’s warriors and veterans from all branches of the United States military unwind using the therapeutic qualities of fishing from kayaks.
KBF Competition Rules Addendum
This is an addendum to the KBF Competition Rules Standards. Together, both sets comprise the rules that regulate this event. Please read and become familiar with the rules, guidelines, and judging standards in both of these pages.
2016 KBF HOW Big Bass Brawl – Wheeler Lake — Registered competitors catch and upload photos of bass caught from Fishable Water, as defined below, and during competition hours over the two days, each striving to submit a photo of the longest fish caught to win a single Sponsor’s Prize Package.
Dates and Hours of Competition
- Sunrise at this location and time is approximately 6:00 a.m. Competition start times are approximately one hour before sunrise.
- Friday 5 September 2016 5:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
- Saturday 6 August 2016 5:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Fishable Water & Location
- Fishable water for this event includes Wheeler Lake, from Guntersville Dam to Wheeler Dam; plus
- All backwaters, sloughs, streams, and rivers draining into that body of water and to which one may paddle without leaving the kayak
Entry Fee and Procedures
- This event is conducted as an online KBF Challenge powered by TourneyX.
- Sign up and pay your $20 Entry Fee at TourneyX.
- There will be no on-site Event Check-in or Captains Meetings
- Proceeds benefit HOW (Heroes on the Water).
- By registering, each competitor acknowledges he has read and agrees to abide by the KBF Competition Rules Standards and to the specific rules outlined in the KBF Competition Rules Addendum on this page; and
- The competitor further agrees to the KBF Event Participation Terms and Conditions, including the Release and Indemnification Agreement and Copyright and Use of Images Agreement.
Award of Prizes
- No cash prize is awarded for this event as Entry Fees are donated to HOW.
- A Sponsors’ Prize Pack will be awarded to the winner of this event at the 2016 KBF TRAIL – Wheeler Lake awards ceremony on Saturday, August 6. Results will be visible on TourneyX and will be posted on this Website and on Facebook. The winning competitor should be present to claim his award.