Kayak Bass Fishing’s Biggest Event of 2019
KBF’s 2019 National Championship, presented by Torqeedo, will take place March 28-30, 2019. Championship contenders will be fishing not just a single lake but an entire system of river and lakes centered around Shreveport-Bossier City, Louisiana. Eligible water will include the following five lakes and the Red River plus within a 25 mile radius of the Event HQ:
• Caddo Lake (in both Texas and Louisiana, including area outside of the 25-mile radius)
• Black Cypress Bayou
• Cross Lake
• Lake Bistineau
• Wallace Lake
Event Headquarters will be Harrah’s Louisiana Downs, providing Championship contenders with 22,000 square feet of assembly space, and 19 acres of parking, plus overflow parking with shuttle service. KBF is working on crazy lodging discounts, too. Stop back by; more details to come.
This will be a 3-day event (Thur/Fri/Sat) with a side KBF Big Bass Brawl. The field will be trimmed after Day 2, and the top 100 competitors will meet on one of the bodies of water on Saturday. While they chase down a limit that produces the next KBF National Champion, all others who entered the KBF Big Bass Brawl will be invited to fish on Saturday for even greater big bass prizes. Prize ceremonies and awards will be on Sunday morning.
- 2018 KBF Annual* Membership or Lifetime Membership
- 2019 KBF Competitor* or Lifetime Membership
- Event Registration by end of January ($300 until Dec 31. $400 Jan 1-31)
- Lodging—make reservations or arrangements (competitors, families, and spectators will number over 1,000)
- Louisiana fishing license (TX/LA reciprocal fishing license agreement applies to Caddo)
- Budget and start setting aside funds for the trip (sponsors may help defray expenses)
- Schedule vacation
- Prep: fishing report and event article archives, Navionics Boat USA app, professionally guided prefishing trips (until Feb 28)
- Equipment: vehicle, boat, electronics, gear and rigging, rod and reels, lures and tackle, rain gear, skeeter and gator repellant
* Includes Military and Student discounted memberships
Want a cool 2019 KBF National Championship desktop background for your laptop? Choose blue or bronze, click either image below to open a 1920x1080-pixel background image, and then right-click and “Save image as…” to your hard drive.
How Did One Qualify?
KBF Members qualified to compete in the 2019 National Championship either through KBF-directed Competition or KBF Partner Awards. Click the 2019 Qualified Roster image here to open a PDF that displays a list of qualified KBF Members, arranged alphabetically by last name. (This list was last updated December 9, 2018.)
- 2018 KBF National Championship: 20
- KBF TRAIL Series Tournaments. 10% of field, minimum 5 awarded at each
- KBF OPEN Series Tournaments: 10% of field, minimum 20 awarded at each
- KBF Challenges: 10% of field, minimum 1 awarded at each
- Special KBF Members-only Events: 10% of field
- To qualify, one must have been a 2018 KBF Annual Member or KBF Lifetime Member no later than the day prior to start of each competition.
- When the top ranks include non-members or KBF Members who have previously qualified, their qualifications did NOT roll down to other competitors who finished lower in the ranks. For example, if 5 positions were eligible to qualify in a KBF TRAIL Series Tournament and First Place was not a KBF Member and a KBF Member in Second Place qualified earlier in the year, only the KBF Member in places 3-5 qualified—not Sixth or Seventh Places.
2. KBF Partner Awards
- The number of qualifying awards was determined by a Partner status (Legacy, Inaugural, Provisional), its number of KBF Members, and the number of live events it ran.
- Recipients of Partner Awards were required to be 2018 KBF Annual Members or KBF Lifetime Members prior to award, although waivers were granted in several instances.
Note: KBF Partner Directors, if you submitted your 2018 Active Members roster (name, state, email) and 2019 KBFNC-qualified members and do not see them on the list, please notify Richard Penny.