Kayak Bass Fishing’s Biggest Event of 2019
KBF’s 2019 National Championship, presented by Torqeedo, will take place March 28-30, 2019. Championship contenders will be fishing not just a single lake but an entire system of river and lakes centered around Shreveport-Bossier City, Louisiana. That includes the Red River plus five lakes within a 25 mile radius of the Event HQ.
Eligible water will include the Red River within a 25 mile radius of Tournament HQ and these five lakes: Caddo, Wallace, Cypress Black Bayou, Cross, and Bistineau.
Event Headquarters will be Harrah’s Louisiana Downs, providing Championship contenders with 22,000 square feet of assembly space, and 19 acres of parking, plus overflow parking with shuttle service. KBF is working on crazy lodging discounts, too. Stop back by; more details to come.
This will be a 3-day event (Thur/Fri/Sat) with a side KBF Big Bass Brawl. The field will be trimmed after Day 2, and the top 100 competitors will meet on one of the bodies of water on Saturday. While they chase down a limit that produces the next KBF National Champion, all others who entered the KBF Big Bass Brawl will be invited to fish on Saturday for even greater big bass prizes. Prize ceremonies and awards will be on Sunday morning.
Need a cool 2019 KBF National Championship desktop background for your laptop? Choose blue or bronze, click either image below to open a 1920x1080-pixel background image, and then right-click and “Save image as…” to your hard drive.
The 2019 KBF National Championship Roster is growing every week. Click the emblem at right to see a list of qualified KBF Members.
How do I get invited!
There are two main ways to qualify to compete in next year’s National Championship on the Red River and surrounding lakes:
1. KBF Partner Awards
- The number of qualifying awards is determined by a Partner status (Legacy, Inaugural, Provisional) and its number of KBF Members.
- Recipients of Partner Awards must be 2018 KBF Annual Members or KBF Lifetime Members prior to award
2. KBF Competition
- 2018 KBF National Championship: 20
- KBF TRAIL Series Tournaments. 10% of field, minimum 5 awarded at each
- KBF OPEN Series Tournaments: 10% of field, minimum 20 awarded at each
- KBF Challenges: 10% of field, minimum 1 awarded at each
- Special KBF Members-only Events: 10% of field
- To qualify, one must be a 2018 KBF Annual Member or KBF Lifetime Member no later than the day prior to start of competition
- When the top ranks include non-members or KBF Members who have previously qualified, their qualifications do NOT roll down to other competitors who finished lower in the ranks. For example, if 5 positions are eligible to qualify in a KBF TRAIL Series Tournament and First Place is not a KBF Member and a KBF Member in Second Place qualified earlier in the year, only the KBF Member in places 3-5 will qualify—not Sixth or Seventh Places.