Due to circumstances beyond our control KBF is offering refunds for entry fees for the 2020 KBFNC until Midnight on September 18, 2020. Please complete the Withdraw & Refund Form and your refund will be processed. There will be a $25 administrative fee for withdrawals.
The KBF National Championship will take place on Lake Guntersville on Wednesday, October 7 through Friday, October 9. Concurrent events:
- KBFNC Big Bass Brawl, Wed/Thur, October 7-8
- TRAIL Series Big Bass Brawl, Wed/Thur, October 7-8
- Day 3 Big Bass Brawl (Fishing Chaos), Friday, October 9
- FishUSA KBF Challenge Series Championship presented by NRS, October 7-8
- Realtree Fishing TRAIL Series Championship presented by Dee Zee, October 7-8
- KBF Top Team Cup Challenge, October 7-8 (top bass from each team member x 2 days)
Marshall County Welcomes KBF Members to Lake Guntersville
Just a few friendly reminders when visiting Alabama
- Alabama is under a mandatory mask order. Please keep your mask with you at all times. Restaurants, hotel lobbies, retail stores all require a mask for entry.
- We ask that anglers and family members wear masks within the weigh-in area and other public areas and maintain 6 feet distance when possible.
- Our hotels and campgrounds promise to provide a clean, safe stay for all guests with extra precautions taken during this time.
- We do recommend that you reserve your hotel room or campsite as soon as possible if you plan to participate in the tournament. Lake Guntersville has been a popular destination during the last few months and rooms/campgrounds are booking quickly.
- All tournament activities will take place at Lake Guntersville State Park. The lodge and campgrounds are great options for overnight stays.
For more information about the local area, places to stay, restaurants, etc., see Visit Marshall County, Alabama
Event sign-in, report-in sites, Lifers’ Lounge and other event locations will at the Lake Guntersville State Park. Additional details, including site map and events schedule, will be posted here as soon as available.
Kayak Bass Fishing’s Biggest U.S. Event of 2020
The next YakAttack KBF National Championship, presented by Torqeedo, will take place October 7-9 in Marshall County, Alabama. 600 KBF Members are expected to compete in KBFNC-V, vying for a national champion title and a first-place payout of $75,000, plus another $25,000 or more in bonuses.
Championship contenders will be fishing one of America’s most popular big-bass factories—Lake Guntersville. Florida-strain largemouth bass were stocked in the lake several years back, interbreeding with the native northern stains and producing a population of bass that runs bigger than that of most lakes on the Tennessee River chain.
Eligible water includes all 75 miles and 69,000 acres (a bit less at winter pool) of the lake plus tributaries, extending from the tail-waters of Nickajack Dam in Tennessee downstream to Guntersville Dam in the west. KBF will establish Event Headquarters at the Guntersville Parks & Recreation Center.
This will be a 3-day event (Wed/Thu/Fri) with an optional BONUS BUCKS/KBF Big Bass Brawl. The field will be trimmed after Day 2, and the top 100 competitors will continue to compete for the Champion title on Friday. While they do, all others who entered the KBF Big Bass Brawl will be invited to keep fishing on Friday for even greater big bass prizes. Prize ceremonies and awards will be Friday evening.
Schedule of Events
Thursday, Oct. 8
4:00pm – 7:00pm Beachfront party at the Beachfront Pavilion, down at the lake (BarBQue truck, free drinks, socializing). Projection screen and sound system will show Challenge Series Championship and TRAIL Series Championship awards ceremony which takes place in the Grandview Ballroom. (mask and social distancing required)
4:00pm – Giveaways begin- winners will be drawn every 30 minutes.
6:30pm – Top Team, Trail Top Ten, Challenge Top Ten, State Champions and Regional AOY will be notified by 5:30pm via SMS requesting your presence at the Lodge. Cash Bar will be available. Each of the competitors reporting will be given one free drink ticket.
7:00pm – Live-stream Tournament update, Awards and Top 100 announced and decals distributed to the “100”. (Once the live-stream is over everyone will be dismissed)
Friday, Oct. 9
6:00pm – Banquet, compliments of the City of Guntersville and the Marshall County Conventions and Visitors Bureau, in the Grandview Ballroom for KBFNC Top 100, 2020 AOY/ROY, Regional AOY, Challenge Series AOY, Challenge and TRAIL Series Top 10, and Sponsors.
6:00pm – Bar opens
6:30pm – Dinner served
7:00pm – Awards Ceremony will begin, live streamed on the KayakBassFishing Facebook page. There we will announce the 2020 KBF National Champion, KBF ANGLR of the Year and KBF Rookie of the Year, and the Dee Zee KBF The TEN roster.
See 2020 KBF National Championship Event Page for Schedule and Locations.
BONUS BUCKS & KBFNC Big Bass Brawl
These two optional KBF programs will again be combined for the 2020 KBF National Championship and add over $65,000 in bonuses and prize money to this year’s KBFNC.
To be eligible to win bonuses, one must register for KBF BONUS BUCKS – KBFNC. For Sponsors’ BONUS BUCKS, meet the eligibility requirements outlined below:
To qualify for any bonus, one must enroll in KBF BONUS BUCKS – KBFNC no later than 11:59 PM CST on Tuesday, October 6.
*Products do not include promotional items, like caps, decals, garments (except high-tech apparel from NRS) or other items that do not represent the company’s primary goods.
NOTE: Sponsors and amounts changed from March due to impacts of this economy on the companies’ sales during the year. Please continue supporting these sponsors with your purchases.
KBFNC Big Bass Brawl
Hourly $100 big bass prizes all three days of the KBF National Championship are doubled during the “Golden Hour,” first hour of each day. The prize goes to the Brawl participant with the biggest (highest-scored) bass of an hour. That’s $2,700 up for grabs in hourly increments on all three days. Top three scores each day will win $1,000, $500 and $250, respectively. The biggest bass of the entire BIg Bass Brawl is worth another $5,000. By “biggest bass,” we mean the highest-scoring photo. A 25.25″ bass penalized 1″ for open mouth will be scored 24.25″ and may be beat out in the Brawl by a 24.50″ bass with no deductions. Ties are broken based on upload times. All total, that comes up to $12,950 in prize money paid out for the KBFNC Big Bass Brawl.
Mystery Bass adds another $6,000 ($3,000 on Wednesday and on Thursday) for the first KBFBB-BBB registrant with a photo on the board at days’ end that matches the randomly-drawn score, on the randomly-drawn hour. Ties (same score, same hour) are broken by upload times.
- 2020 KBF Competitor* or Lifetime Membership
- Event Registration by March 5 ($300 until Dec 31. $400 Jan 1-Sept 18)
- Lodging—make reservations or arrangements (competitors, families, and spectators will number over 1,000)
- Alabama fishing license, and you’ll need a Tennessee License if you fish right below Nickajack Dam in Tennessee.
- Budget and start setting aside funds for the trip (sponsors may help defray expenses)
- Schedule vacation
- Prep: fishing report and event article archives, Navionics Boat USA app, professionally guided prefishing trips (until Feb 28)
- Equipment: vehicle, boat, electronics, gear and rigging, rod and reels, lures and tackle, rain gear, skeeter and gator repellant
* Includes Military and Student discounted memberships