- This event has passed.
2017 Me-Dad-Chad Fathers Day KBF Challenge
June 16, 2017 @ 4:00 am - June 18, 2017 @ 8:00 pm CDT$21
Me, Dad & Chad Fathers Day Challenge Results
Below are the competition rankings and rewards following the 48-hour time period allowed by rules for judgement call disputes, protests, and challenges. We invite KBF Members to view details and photos of this event on TourneyX and to call to KBF Management’s attention any errors in scoring or deductions, which will not result in changes to ranking and rewards but will be useful in judge coaching and reviews and in refinement of KBF tools and procedures.
|26||James (Jim) Campbell||TN||87.25″||SLOT||74.7|
|40||Jerry Emmons, II||TN||77.00″||60.5|
|85||Derrick Daniels SR||TX||0″||10.0|
This Special Challenge celebrates sharing special family times and a fishing legacy passed along from fathers to their children. While Challenges are normally for KBF Members only, in this Challenge the membership requirement is waived for the dads and offspring of KBF Members who want to register on TourneyX, so those who are able can fish with Dad.
Two competitors will win a kayak bass fishing outing with Chad Hoover. Be thinking of where you want to take Chad and Kristi when they head your way for a day on the water. They’re planning to come fish with whomever takes first place in this Special Challenge. A second competitor will win a similar fishing experience by random drawing from among second through nineteenth place. when you pick the spot, Make it a good fishing spot, because it (and you) may end up in an episode of Kayak Bass Fishing on WFN Knot Right Kayak Fishing on the Sportsman Channel.
KBF Event Rules Addendum
- Dates: Friday, June 16 through Sunday, June 18, 2017
- Tournament Director: Joe Haubenreich or Designee
- Eligibility: KBF Membership is required (2017 KBF Annual Membership or KBF Lifetime Membership), except for child or father competing as guest of a KBF Member. So if dad, son, or daughter wants to compete with you as your special guest, they’re welcome; membership requirement is waived for them at this event.
- Venue: Nationwide
- Eligible Water & Location: Competitors may fish ONLY on public-access water in the contiguous 48 U.S. states or Canada where fishing is permitted by regulation and bass are in-season.
- Species: All black bass species and varieties
- Format: This is a 3-day CPR tournament where the combined length of up to five (5) bass will contribute to each competitor’s score
- Competition Rules:By registering, each competitor acknowledges he has read and agrees to abide by the following two documents:
- The “KBF Competition Rules Standards,” including a “Release and Indemnification Agreement” and a “Copyright and Use of Images Agreement”).
- The specific rules and restrictions outlined in this “KBF Competition Rules Addendum.”
- Event Schedule
- Thursday 6/15, 8 PM CDT: Event ID Code released; visible in TourneyX dashboard.
- Friday, 6/16, 12:00 AM CDT (morning of competition) Deadline for Registration on TourneyX
- Friday 6/16, 5 AM EDT / 4 AM CDT / 3 AM MDT / 2 AM PDT start of competition
- Sunday 6/18, 9 PM EDT / 8 PM CDT / 7 PM MDT / 6 PM PDT end of competition/photo submission deadline
- Entry Fee and Procedures—This event is conducted using the TourneyX Tournament Management System
- Sign up and pay your $21 Entry Fee the KBF Event Registration Page (under construction).
- Entry Fee Refunds—Not available.
- Every photo must include a legible KBF Identifier Form.
- At the time indicated above, a 2-character Event ID Code will appear in each competitor’s TourneyX Dashboard. Print that code in the Bottom-Right field.
- Each KBF Identifier Form has six blocks or “fields,” permitting one Form to serve for up to six concurrent events. If you are already using a KBF Identifier Form for another KBF Challenge or a KBF Tournament, you may use it for this one as well by printing each Unique Event ID Code in it’s specified field.
- Rankings will be determined by the cumulative score of each competitor’s five (5) bass caught in accordance with the KBF Competition Rules for this event and on the LOWRANCE Leader Board at the end of competition.
- The Event Prize Purse is the total of all Entry Fees paid, less $6 from each that is applied to credit card transaction fees, application user fees, and administration fees, the balance being set aside for 100 Challenge Championship. Since the Entry Fee is $21, then the Prize Purse will be the number of registrants multiplied by $15.
- Cash Payout — one cash prize is paid for every ten registrants. (For 10-19 registrants, one place pays. For 20-29, two places pay. For 30-39, three places pay, etc.)
- KBF 2017 Angler of the Year (“AOY”) Points
- AOY points will be awarded to all Active Participants in this event, from a maximum of 100 Points down to 20 in increments of no more than three (3). KBF AOY points from this event will be categorized as “Challenges” Points on the KBF AOY Points chart.
- To be considered an Active Competitor, one must upload a photo of a bass that meets scoring standards or, if none were caught, a photo that meets all photo requirements except that the Hawg Trough is empty, with a score submitted as 0.00″ (Note: we recommend you take such a photo and upload it at start-of-competition time to not only ensure you qualify for the minimum Participation Points but also that you have your Hawg Trough, Identifier Form, and a working camera and are able to upload photos.)
- Registrants who do not compete, or who fail to upload the required “0.00-score” photo of an empty Hawg Trough, will be awarded 10 Registration Points.
- KBF National Championship Qualifying Slots will be awarded to one or more competitors. One slot for 10-19 Competitors. Two slots for 20-39, three for 40-59, four for 60-79, etc. If a KBF-NC slot is awarded to a competitor who has previously qualified, then the slot rolls down to the highest-ranking alternate who has not yet qualified.
- BONUS BUCKS: In addition to cash prizes, three bonuses of $150, $100, and $50 will be awarded to 2017 KBF BONUS BUCKS Program participants if they take First, Second, and Third places in competition. (For example, if First Place is taken by a competitor who is in KBF-BB, he gets $150 on top of his other winnings.) Note: To be eligible to win a bonus, the KBF-BB participant must have enrolled in the program by start of competition and achieve a top-three finish.
- Cash Distributions are made after winners have provided a copy to KBF of their IRS W-9 form. Funds will sent to the winners by PayPal Funds Transfer. If a prize or bonus recipient does not have a PayPal account, he may request that KBF mail a company check to the address on his IRS Form W-9. Winners are responsible for payment of all state and federal income taxes. [Open a printable Form W-9 .]