- This event has passed.
2017 KBF TRAIL – CA Delta
May 13, 2017 @ 6:00 am - 2:30 pm PDT$50
CA Delta KBF TRAIL Series Tournament Results
Below are the competition rankings and rewards following the time period allowed by rules for judgement call disputes and challenges. We invite KBF Members to view details and photos of this event at TourneyX and to call to KBF Management’s attention any errors in scoring or deductions, which will not result in changes to ranking and rewards but will be useful in judge coaching and reviews and in refinement of KBF tools and procedures.
|20||Blair Teichman||CA||36.00″||$220||Big Bass Brawl||148.0|
The KBF TRAIL Series Tournament on the California Delta will hosted by California Kayak Bass Fishing and The Headwaters in Lodi, California. This series is presented by Torqeedo and sponsored by NuCanoe. If 100 or more competitors register for this event, a NuCanoe fishing kayak will be awarded for First Place on top of whatever cash first place pays.
KBF TRAIL CA Delta Competition Rules Addendum
- Date: Saturday, 13 May 2017
- Tournament Director: Richard Penny [Email | 619-569-3065]
- KBF Partner Host: California Kayak Bass Fishing
- Eligibility: This tournament is open to all kayak bass anglers, both KBF friends as well as KBF Members (2017 KBF Annual Membership or KBF Lifetime Membership)
- Registrations Required: 30 needed to qualify as a KBF TRAIL Series Tournament
- Venue & Tournament HQ: Headwaters Kayak Shop, Lodi, CA, 847 N Cluff Ave #2, Lodi, CA 95240
- Eligible Water & Location: California Delta
- Boundaries: TBD
- Species: Black bass, all species and varieties
- Format: This is a 1-day CPR tournament where the combined length of up to five (5) bass will contribute to each competitor’s score
- Competition Rules:By registering, each competitor acknowledges he has read and agrees to abide by the following documents:
- The “KBF Competition Rules Standards,” including a “Release and Indemnification Agreement” and a “Copyright and Use of Images Agreement”).
- The specific rules and restrictions outlined in this “KBF Event Rules Addendum.”
- Exception to KBF Competition Rules Standards: None
- Captains Meeting: Virtual Captains Meeting (YouTube video, required viewing)
- Event Schedule (all times are local)
• 4PM: Prefishing cut-off time.
• 6PM: Image of a KBF Identifier with a 2-character Event ID Code will appear in your TourneyX Dashboard. Print it for use in competition, or print the Event ID Code on a blank KBF Identifier Form.
• 6AM: Competition Start Date and Time. No lines may be in the water, no fish photos may be taken before this time
• 2PM: Competition End Date and Time; Lines out
and photo submission cut-of
• 3PM: Food will be served at Tourney HQ until about 4PM
• 3:30PM: Be back and through check-in line at Tournament HQ with all fish uploaded. (Return early if assistance to upload is required.). Be there for door prizes and food while waiting for awards.
- Entry Fee and Procedures
- NO CASH WILL BE ACCEPTED AT THE EVENT. All Entry Fees must be paid before Registration Deadline through the TourneyX Tournament Management System, which uses PayPal as its payment processor. Registrants pay with a PayPal account debit or by check/debit card.
- To Sign up and pay the Entry Fee: (a.) log into TourneyX, (b.) navigate to the Event Page or click the dashboard’s “Register for Tourney” button and select the event from the drop-down menu, (c.) read and check the box that indicates agreement with and commitment to abide by all Rules, Competition Terms and Conditions, and terms of the Liability Release and Waiver Agreement, and then click “.
Entry Fee is $50
- Non-Members pay the $50 Entry Fee plus check the Non-Member box and pay an additional $25 Admin Surcharge, for a total of $75. Admin surcharge will be credited toward a KBF Membership within one week of event, upon request to KBF
(Click here to pay the $25 Non-member Admin Surcharge for KBF TRAIL Series tournaments if you overlooked it during registration on TourneyX.)
- Entry Fee Refunds—Reimbursed upon request by email to firstname.lastname@example.org up until one week prior to competition date.
- Identifier Form & Code
- Every photo must include a legible KBF Identifier Form.
At the time indicated above, a Unique Event ID Code will appear in each competitor’s TourneyX Dashboard. Print that code in the Top-Left field (Box A).
- Each KBF Identifier Form has six blocks or “fields,” permitting one Form to serve for up to six concurrent events. If you are already using a KBF Identifier Form for another KBF Challenge or a KBF Tournament and the Top-Left box is already filled, you may print the Event ID Code in an adjacent box.
- Preprint a sheet of 8 identifier blank forms by clicking this link: [KBF Identifier Forms PDF].
- Every photo must include a legible KBF Identifier Form.
- Scores & Ranking:
- Judges will verify and, when appropriate, revise scores for accuracy and when points are deducted for rules infractions.
- Rankings will be determined by the cumulative score of each competitor’s five (5) longest bass caught and uploaded in accordance with the KBF Competition Rules for this event.
- Ties are broken by big fish, in accordance with KBF Rules set out in the KBF Competition Rules Standards.
- Cash Prizes
- The Event Prize Purse is the number of registrations times the $50 Entry Fee. ($25 Admin Surcharge collected from non-members do not contribute to the Prize Purse but are used to defray event administrative costs.)
- Assuming the minimum 30-Registration Threshold is met, first place is guaranteed a payout of $1,000, minimum. One cash prize is paid for every ten registrants. (For 30-39 registrants, three places pay. For 40-49, four places pay. For 50-59, five places pay, etc.)
- Prize Distributions are made after winners have provided a copy to KBF of their IRS W-9 form. For security purposes, cash is not handled at TRAIL Tournaments. The amount of each Cash Prize will sent to the winners by PayPal Funds Transfer. If a prize or bonus recipient does not have a PayPal account, he may request that KBF mail a company check to the address on his IRS W-9 form. Winners are responsible for payment of all state and federal income taxes.
- Sponsor Award: If the number of registrants for this TRAIL Series Tournament is 100 or more, NuCanoe will award a NuCanoe Pursuit fishing kayak to the first place winner.
- 2017 KBF Angler of the Year Points
- Assuming the minimum 30-Registration Threshold is met, KBF AOY Points will be awarded to all registrants who are KBF Members by this event’s competition start time, from 200 Points for first place down to the minimum 40 Participation Points in increments of no more than four (4). Increments are determined by the number of active participants. Registrants who did not compete, or who competed but did not upload a photo, each receive 20 AOY Registration Points. KBF AOY points from this event will be categorized as “TRAIL” Points on the 2017 KBF AOY Points chart.
- To be considered an Active Participant, one must upload a photo of a bass that meets scoring standards or, if none were caught, a photo that meets all photo requirements except that the Hawg Trough is empty, with a score submitted as 0.00″ (Note: taking such a photo and uploading it at start-of-competition time not only ensures you qualify for the minimum Participation Points but also that one has his Hawg Trough, Identifier Form, and a working camera and is able to upload photos.)
- Registrants who do not compete, or who fail to upload the required “0.00-score” photo of an empty Hawg Trough, will be awarded 20 TRAIL Registration Points.
- If there are fewer than 30 registrants at competition start time, the event will be treated as a KBF Challenge, in which case 100 AOY points, maximum, will be awarded to First Place, with 20 Maximum Participant Points and 10 Registration Points.
- 2018 National Championship Qualification
- Five (5) KBF-NC slots will be awarded at this event, assuming the number of registrants met the minimum threshold of 30.
- For over 50 registrants, one additional Qualifying Slot will be awarded for every additional 10 registrants (6 for 60-69, 7 for 70-79, etc.).
- If a KBF-NC slot is awarded to a competitor who has previously qualified, then the slot rolls down to the highest-ranking alternate who has not yet qualified.
- If a slot is awarded to a competitor who is not a KBF Member, to satisfy KBF-NC eligibility requirements he must join KBF within one week of competition or the slot will be retracted and rolled down to the top alternate.
- If there are fewer than 30 registrants at competition start time, one Qualifying Slot will be awarded for every 20 registrants with no minimum.
- BONUS BUCKS:
- In addition to cash prizes, a minimum of $40 and up to $100 in KBF BONUS BUCKS will awarded if the competitors who takes the top places are 2017 KBF BONUS BUCKS Program participants. (For example, if First Place is taken by a competitor who is in KBF-BB, he gets $60 or more on top of his other winnings.) To be eligible to win a bonus, the KBF-BB participant must earn a top-three finish.
- If there are fewer than 30 registrants at competition start time, no KBF BONUS BUCKS will be awarded.