- This event has passed.
2017 KBF TRAIL – Toad Fest on the Marsh
May 28, 2017 @ 6:00 am - 3:00 pm CDT$50.00
ToadFest on the Marsh KBF TRAIL Results
Below are the competition rankings and rewards following the time period allowed by rules for judgement call disputes and challenges. We invite KBF Members to view details and photos of this event at TourneyX and to call to KBF Management’s attention any errors in scoring or deductions, which will not result in changes to ranking and rewards but will be useful in judge coaching and reviews and in refinement of KBF tools and procedures.
|1||Peter Perez||FL||96.00″||$1,000.00||not enrolled||SLOT||NM|
|2||Brian Nelli||FL||95.25″||$350.00||not enrolled||SLOT||200.0|
This Memorial Day weekend KBF TRAIL Event is on waters connected to The Marsh near Fellsmere, Florida. The series is presented by Torqeedo and sponsored by NuCanoe. Other sponsors for this event include Orchid Island Bikes and Kayaks, Boonedox, Pro-Cure Bait Scents, Hoo Rag, Scotty Paddlesports, UnfairLures. If 100 or more competitors register for this event, a NuCanoe fishing kayak will be awarded for First Place on top of whatever cash first place pays.
2017 KBF TRAIL – Event Rules Addendum
- Date: Sunday May 28, 2017
- Tournament Director:Jason Broach (843) 250-0299, assisted by Andrew Mixon (772) 713-6460
- Eligibility: Open to both KBF Member and non-members
- Registrations Required: 30 needed to qualify as a KBF TRAIL Series Tournament
- Venue Host & Tournament HQ: Marsh Landing Restaurant, 44 N Broadway St, Fellsmere, FL 32948
- Eligible Water & Location: Competitors may fish ONLY on public-access water on The Stick Marsh/Farm 13, Fellsmere Reservoir, Ansin Garcia Reservoir, Blue Cypress Lake and Keenansville Lake and water that can be reached by paddling and floating from the main lake. All the waters of these connected lakes, forming “The Marsh,” are the originating headwater filtration reservoirs that begin the St. John’s River system. To spread everyone out and still be fishing the “same water,” this format should work well. Google maps will give a better picture of how close together and related the lakes are.
- Launch Area: Any public-access launch points on the eligible bodies of water
- Species: Black bass (all species)
- Format: This is a 1-day CPR tournament where the lengths of up to five (5) bass caught by each angler will comprise each competitor’s score
- Competition Rules:By registering, each competitor acknowledges he has read and agrees to abide by the following two documents:
- The “KBF Competition Rules Standards,” including a “Release and Indemnification Agreement” and a “Copyright and Use of Images Agreement”).
- The specific rules and restrictions outlined in this “KBF Competition Rules Addendum.”
- Exception to KBF Competition Rules Standards: None
- Event Schedule (all times are local)
- Saturday 5/27, 4:00 p.m.: Prefishing cut-off time.
- Saturday, 5/27, 7:00 p.m. Mandatory Captains Meeting at Tournament HQ
- Saturday, 5/27, 8:00 p.m. Registration deadline.
- Sunday 4/15, 6:00 a.m.: Competition start time; first cast
- Sunday 4/15, 3:00 p.m.: Lines out of the water.
- Sunday 4/15, 4:00 p.m.: Deadline for competitors to be in Check-in Line at Tournament HQ.
- Entry Fee and Procedures
- NO CASH WILL BE ACCEPTED AT THE EVENT. All Entry Fees must be paid before Registration Deadline through the TourneyX Tournament Management System, which uses PayPal as its payment processor. Registrants pay with a PayPal account debit or by check/debit card.
- To Sign up and pay the Entry Fee: (a.) log into TourneyX, (b.) navigate to the Event Page or click the dashboard’s “Register for Tourney” button and select the event from the drop-down menu, (c.) read and check the box that indicates agreement with and commitment to abide by all Rules, Competition Terms and Conditions, and terms of the Liability Release and Waiver Agreement, and then click “.
- KBF Members Entry Fee is $50
- Non-Members pay the $50 Entry Fee plus check the Non-Member box and pay an additional $25 Admin Surcharge, for a total of $75. Admin surcharge will be credited toward a KBF Membership within one week of event, upon request to KBF Mgmt.
- Entry Fee Refunds—Reimbursed upon request by email to email@example.com up until one week prior to competition date.
- Identifier Form & Code
- Every photo must include a legible KBF Identifier Form.
- At the time indicated above, a Unique Event ID Code will appear in each competitor’s TourneyX Dashboard. Print that code in the Bottom-Center field.
- Each KBF Identifier Form has six blocks or “fields,” permitting one Form to serve for up to six concurrent events. If you are already using a KBF Identifier Form for another KBF Challenge or a KBF Tournament, you may use it for this one as well by printing each Unique Event ID Code in it’s specified field.
- Preprint a sheet of 8 identifier blank forms by clicking this link: [KBF Identifier Forms PDF].
- Scores & Ranking:
- Judges will verify and, when appropriate, revise scores for accuracy and when points are deducted for rules infractions.
- Rankings will be determined by the cumulative score of each competitor’s five (5) longest bass caught and uploaded in accordance with the KBF Competition Rules for this event.
- Ties are broken by big fish, in accordance with KBF Rules set out in the KBF Competition Rules Standards.
- Cash Prizes (with 30+ registrants)
- The Event Prize Purse is the number of registrations times the $50 Entry Fee. ($25 Admin Surcharge collected from non-members do not contribute to the Prize Purse but are used to defray event administrative costs.)
- First place guaranteed $1,000 payout, minimum
- 10% of Field Payout: 30-39 registrants, three places pay. 40-49, four place. 50-59, five places pay, etc.
- Prize Distributions are made via PayPal Funds Transfer after winners have provided KBF with IRS W-9 form. (Winner may request that a company check mailed to the address on his IRS W-9 form and are responsible for payment of all state and federal income taxes.
- If fewer than 30 register for this event, first and second places pay in a 65%-35% split
- Sponsor Award: If 100 or more competitors register for this event, NuCanoe will award a NuCanoe Pursuit fishing kayak to the first place winner.
- 2017 KBF Angler of the Year Points (with 30+ registrants)
- 2017 KBF AOY Points will be awarded to all registrants who are KBF Members by this event’s competition start time.
- First Place: 200 Points for first place down to the minimum 40
- Minimum Participation Points: 40
- Minimum Registration Points: 20
- Points decrease with each step down in rank. Increments are determined by the number of active participants, with a maximum decrease of 4 points per level.
- To qualify for Minimum Participation Points, competitor must upload a photo that meets all standards, except no fish on the Hawg Trough and a length of 0.00″.
- Registrants who did not compete, or who competed but did not upload a 0.00″ photo, each receive Minimum Registration Points.
- KBF AOY points from this event will be categorized as “TRAIL” Points on the 2017 KBF AOY Points chart.
- If fewer than 30 register for this event, 100 AOY points will be awarded to First Place, 20 Minimum Participant Points and 10 Minimum Registration Points.
- 2018 National Championship Qualification (with 30+ registrants)
- Five (5) KBF-NC slots will be awarded at this event.
- For over 50 registrants, one additional Qualifying Slot will be awarded for every additional 10 registrants (6 for 60-69, 7 for 70-79, etc.).
- If a KBF-NC slot is awarded to a competitor who has previously qualified, then the slot rolls down to the highest-ranking alternate who has not yet qualified.
- To satisfy KBF-NC eligibility requirements any non-member who is awarded a slot must join KBF within one week of competition or the slot will be retracted and rolled down to the top alternate.
- If fewer than 30 register for this event, one Qualifying Slot will be awarded for every six registrants with no minimum.
- BONUS BUCKS:
- In addition to cash prizes, a minimum of $40 and up to $100 in KBF BONUS BUCKS will awarded if the competitors who takes the top places are 2017 KBF BONUS BUCKS Program participants. (For example, if First Place is taken by a competitor who is in KBF-BB, he gets $60 or more on top of his other winnings.) To be eligible to win a bonus, the KBF-BB participant must earn a top-three finish.
- If there are fewer than 30 registrants at competition start time, no KBF BONUS BUCKS will be awarded.