« All Events
iCatch KBF Big Bass Fall Brawl
September 15, 2018 - November 12, 2018 Free
Event Rules Addendum
Sponsors for this event are iCatch, Bonafide kayaks and YakAttack
- Venue: Nationwide, United States and Canada, divided by regions. (Note: Canada will be grouped with Central Region.)
- NORTHEAST: Eastern Daylight Time (EDT) is the standard for the Northeast Region, which includes ME, VT, NH, CT, MA, MD, VA, WV, PA, NY, NJ, OH, DE, RI.
- SOUTHEAST: Eastern Daylight Time (EDT) is the standard for the Southeast Region, which includes AR, LA, MS, AL, GA, SC, NC, TN and FL.
- CENTRAL: Central Daylight Time (CDT) is the standard for the Central Region, which includes all of Canada plus ND, SD, MN, WI, MI, IN, IL, IA, NE, KS, OK, MO, KY.
- Texas: Eastern Daylight Time (CDT) is the standard for the Texas Region.
- WEST: Pacific Daylight Time (PDT) is the standard for the West Region, which includes CA, OR, WA, ID, MT, UT, NV, WY, CO, NM, AZ.
- Tournament Director: Richard Penny
- Format: 60-day CPR tournament using the iCatch Tournament Management System
- Competition Rules & Conditions of Participation: By registering, Competitor affirms that he has read, understands, and as a condition of participation in the Event agrees to abide by KBF Competition Rules, which are in two parts:
- The “KBF Competition Rules Standards,” including a “Release and Indemnification Agreement” and a “Copyright and Use of Images Agreement.”
- The specific rules and restrictions outlined in this “KBF Event Rules Addendum.”
- Minimum length of bass scored: 8 inches
- KBF Rules are authoritative, taking precedence over all information presented in social media, TMS, oral presentations, and other information sources.
- Eligibility: KBF Member-only Event. Only 2018 KBF Annual Members and KBF Lifetime Membership who paid their dues before registering are eligible to compete in this event, win prizes, and qualify for the 2019 KBF National Championship. [Membership Info] [Join KBF]
- Registration and Entry Fee
- Entry Fee: Free
- Register by downloading the iCatch app, creating a free iCatch account and then signing up for this free event.
- Event ID Code: Not used for this event
- Eligible Water: Public-access water for each region. See KBF Competition Rules Standard for more information.
- Launch sites: All public launches
- Captains Meeting: Virtual (YouTube)
- Species: Black bass, all species
- Event Schedule (all times are local for the tournament HQ)
- Saturday September 15 – Competion Begins
- Monday, November 12 – Competition ends at 11:59 p.m.
- Scores and Ranking:
- The length (adjusted for penalties) of the longest bass caught during competition hours will be to each Competitor’s score.
- Event ranking is determined by the score (length) for any photo(s) beside each Competitor’s name on the Leader Board when judging and verification is complete.
- Prizes: Choice of Bonafide SS127 or SS107 for the winner of each region
- 2019 KBF National Championship Qualification: Awarded to top 10 in each region, with no roll-downs.
- Reward Distributions: Winners are responsible for payment of income taxes on the value of products won. A 48-hour Dispute Period begins when Event judging and review are complete and the Tournament Director announces preliminary results. When all disputes have been resolved—no sooner than 48 hours later—prizes, bonuses, AOY Points and KBFNC qualifications are finalized and posted on this page. Cash prizes are distributed via PayPal Funds Transfer using the email address provided by Competitor during event registration. Competitors who win $600 or more, cumulative, during 2018 are required to provide KBF with a completed, signed, and dated IRS FORM W-9. KBF uses information from the W-9 to prepare an IRS 1099 form, a copy of which is sent to the IRS, and another provided to Competitor in January for income tax return preparation. Prize distribution will follow receipt by KBF of Competitor’s IRS Form W-9.