« All Events
2018 KBF Northeast OPEN – Erie, PA
September 14, 2018 - September 15, 2018 $150
Event Rules Addendum
- Venue: Erie, PA
- Venue Host: Erie Sports Commission, presented by Fishing Online
- Tournament HQ: Clarion Hotel Lake Erie (a.k.a. Bel-Aire Clarion Hotel and Conference Center), 2800 W 8th Street, Erie, PA, 16505. Phone: (814) 833-1116. This will be the site of the Thursday Captains Meeting/Safety Briefing and post-competition check-in on Friday.
Check-in on Saturday will be at the Presque Isle Peninsula State Park Cookhouse Pavilion, located on the Presque Isle Bike Path near the Waterworks ferry dock. There’s limited parking at the pavilion, but competitors may park along the sides of the road/bike path, out of traffic.
- Tournament Director: Joe Haubenreich
Judging, Rules & Disputes: Richard Penny
- Format: 2-day CPR tournament using the TourneyX Tournament Management System
- Concurrent KBF Events:
- 201809 PA KBF State Challenge – Sept 2018
- KBF iCatch Big Bass Fall Brawl
- Strike King of the Hill KBF Challenge
- All kayak bass anglers are welcome to sign up and compete in this Event. KBF Membership is not required to compete for cash prizes.
- Only 2018 KBF Annual Members and KBF Lifetime Membership who paid their dues by midnight on the day before start-of-competition are eligible to earn KBF AOY Points, bonuses, and qualify for the 2019 KBF National Championship.
- [Membership Info] [Join KBF]
- Event ID Code
- At the time shown below, a KBF Identifier Card with Event ID Code will appear in each competitor’s TourneyX Dashboard. Print that formatted card for use in competition, or write the Event ID Code on a blank KBF Identifier Card.
- Each KBF Identifier Card has six boxes or “fields,” permitting one Card to serve for up to six concurrent events. Preprint a sheet of 8 identifier blank cards by clicking this link: [KBF Identifier Forms PDF].
- Using a permanent marker, write the Event ID Code in the Top-Center field (Box B) of a printed KBF Identifier Card on Day 1 and the Top-Right field (Box C).
- If the field specified for this Event is already occupied, write the Event ID Code in an adjacent box.
- Entry Fee and Procedures
- Entry Fee: $150
- No cash will be accepted at the event. All Entry Fees must be paid before Registration Deadline through TourneyX with PayPal account debit or by check/debit card.
- To register and pay the Entry Fee: (a.) log into TourneyX, (b.) navigate to the Event Page or click the dashboard’s “Register for Tourney” button and select the event from the drop-down menu, (c.) check a box that indicates agreement with and commitment to abide by all Rules, Competition Terms and Conditions, and terms of the Liability Release and Waiver Agreement (non-members also check the Admin Surcharge box), and then (d.) click the “REGISTER” button.
- Entry Fee includes a $5 per-person TourneyX user fee and PayPal Transaction Fee of 2.9% plus 30¢.
- Remainder of Entry Fee goes into the Event Prize Fund, a portion of which is awarded as a Big Bass prize, with the rest distributed as cash prizes by rank.
- Entry Fee Refunds up to one week prior to event upon request emailed to email@example.com
- Competition Rules & Conditions of Participation: By registering, Competitor affirms that he has read, understands, and as a condition of participation in the Event agrees to abide by KBF Competition Rules, which are in two parts:
- The “KBF Competition Rules Standards,” including a “Release and Indemnification Agreement” and a “Copyright and Use of Images Agreement.”
- The specific rules and restrictions outlined in this “KBF Event Rules Addendum.”
- Minimum length of bass scored: 12 inches
- KBF Rules are authoritative, taking precedence over all information presented in social media, TMS, oral presentations, and other information sources.
- Besides a PA fishing license, competitors must buy an $8 PA Lake Erie stamp (endorsement on top of fishing license). If launching at sites outside of the Presque Isle State Park, a $10 PA Fish & Boat Launch Permit is also required.
- Eligible Waters: The Bay, Thompson’s Bay, and the Lagoons sheltered by Presque Isle Peninsula State Park, plus Lake Erie from Elk Creek on the west to Sixteen Mile Creek on the east and two miles out, weather permitting.
Click for larger map
- Boundaries: Presque Isle Bay, Thompson’s Bay, and The Lagoons. In addition, the open Lake from Elk Creek Access in Girard to Sixteen Mile Creek (Freeport Beach) will be in-bounds, weather permitting. Open lake eligibility will be announced at the Thursday evening and Friday evening captains meetings. For safety reason, do NOT venture out farther than 2 miles from shore (the shoreline should be visible when your eyes are 2 feet above water level).
- Launch Points: On Lake Erie, the westernmost launch point is Elk Creek Access [Map PDF]. Easternmost access is Sixteen Mile Creek (Freeport Beach) Launch [Map PDF]. Those are also the competition boundaries. One cannot fish east of Sixteen Mile Creek or west of Elk Creek.
If one launches from Elk Creek Access, Walnut Creek Access, Chestnut Street Boat Ramp, Lampa Marina, East Avenue Boat Launch, Lawrence Park Boat Ramp, Shades Beach Marina, or Sixteen Mile Creek (Freeport Beach) Launch Ramp, (sites outside the state park) a $10 Pennsylvania Fish & Boat Launch Permit is required. [Buy Online]
If one launches from any of the many locations in Presque Isle State Park and fishes in the Bay, to incude Thompson’s Bay and The Lagoons, then no additional Launch Permit is required.
- Captains Meeting
- Competitor may attend an optional safety/pre-competition Captains Meeting at the Clarion Hotel at the time given below; This briefing will be streamed live on Facebook, and competitors unable to attend are required to view the live stream or recording preior to competition.
- Species: Black bass, all species
- Event Schedule (all times are EDT)
- Thursday, September 13
• 4:00 p.m.: Prefishing ends
• 4:00–6:00 p.m.: Event Check-in at Clarion Hotel (Tournament HQ)
• 6:00 p.m.: Event ID Code Released
• 6:00 p.m.: Captains Meeting at Clarion Hotel. At this time, the TD will make a determination on whether the main lake will be in-bounds based on weather conditions.
- Friday, September 14
• 6:00 a.m.: Earliest Launch; registration deadline
• 6:30 a.m.: Start-of-competition; first cast (1/2 hour before 6:59 a.m. sunrise)
• 3:00 p.m.: Lines-out; end-of-competition and photo upload deadline. Also deadline for Competitors requiring help in uploading images to be in the Photo Assistance Line at the Clarion Hotel (Tournament HQ). Photos will not be accepted for scoring if they are not uploaded or the Competitor is not in the Photo Assistance line by that time.
• 4:00 p.m. (CORRECTION: was originally 4:00–5:00 p.m.) Check in to Tourney HQ (Clarion Hotel). (Late or Failure to check in will result in denial of all photos for Day 1.)
- Saturday, September 15
• 6:00 a.m.: Earliest Launch; registration deadline
• 6:30 a.m.: Start-of-competition; first cast
• 3:00 p.m.: End-of-competition; lines out; photo upload deadline
• 4:00 p.m. (CORRECTION: was originally 4:00–5:00 p.m.) Check in at the Cookhouse Pavilion, Presque Isle State Park Bike Path near the Waterworks ferry dock. (NOT at the Clarion Hotel Lake Erie). Late or Failure to check in will result in denial of all photos for Day 2.
• 5:00 p.m.: Awards will be announced at the Cookhouse Pavilion
- Scores and Ranking:
- The combined length of up to ten (10) bass over two days (five bass on Day 1 plus five bass on Day 2) will contribute to each competitor’s score.
- Event ranking is determined by the total 2-day score (length) for any photo(s) beside each Competitor’s name on the Leader Board when judging and verification is complete.
- Cash Prizes:
- First Place is guaranteed $5,000 minimum.
- Cash prizes are rounded to the nearest dollar.
- 10% of field pay-out. One cash prize is paid for every ten registrants. (For 100-109 Competitors ten places pay. Eleven places pay for 110-119, twelve for 120-129, etc.).
- Minimum $25 will be paid for the Event’s Big Bass, with ties broken by 2nd biggest bass.
- KBF BONUS BUCKS: [Info] [Enroll]
- BONUS BUCKS for first place is worth $5,000 regardless of the number of registrations. Bonuses for other positions in rank start at 100 registrations. The number and amounts depend on registration levels.
- 2018 KBF AOY Points
- 2018 KBF Angler of the Year points will be awarded to all eligible KBF Members who register for this event.
- Active Participants’ AOY points will range from a maximum of 600 Points for First Place down to 120, dropping with each successively lower rank by no more than twelve (12), with each angler’s ranking determined by his score.
- KBF AOY points from this Event will be categorized as “OPEN” Points on the KBF AOY Points chart.
- To be considered an Active Participant, one must upload a photo of a bass that meets scoring standards or, if none were caught, a photo that meets all photo requirements except that the Measuring Board is empty, with a score submitted as 0.01″ (Note: KBF recommends taking such a photo and submitting it at start-of-competition time so Competitor qualifies for at least the minimum Participation Points and to ensure Competitor has an approved measuring board, KBF Identifier Card with Event ID Code, and a functioning digital camera.)
- Registrants who do not compete, or who fail to upload the required “0.01-inch” photo of an empty measuring board, will be awarded 60 Registration Points.
- 2019 KBF National Championship Qualification: Awarded to top 10% of field, rounded to the nearest 10, with a minimum of 20 per OPEN. If recipient has previously qualified, the award does not roll down.
- Reward Distributions: A 48-hour Dispute Period commences when Event judging and review are complete and the Tournament Director announces preliminary results. When all disputes have been resolved—no sooner than 48 hours later—prizes, bonuses, AOY Points and KBFNC qualifications are finalized and posted on this page. Cash prizes are then distributed via PayPal Funds Transfer using the email address provided by Competitor during event registration. If KBF requires that a Competitor provide an IRS FORM W-9, prize distribution to that Competitor will occur after the completed, signed and dated form is received.
- Address disputes to Richard Penny, KBF Director of Operations, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Include your name and phone number, event name, all pertinent details and citation of the relevant rule.