« All Events
2018 KBFNC Big Bass Brawl
March 23, 2018 - March 24, 2018 $45
KBFNC Big Bass Brawl Rules Addendum
- Venue & Host: Same as the KBFNC
- Eligibility: This side pot is limited to 2018 KBF National Championship competitors only.
- Tournament Director: Nik Brown
- Registration, Entry Fee and Procedures
- Entry Fee: $45
- No cash will be accepted at the event. All Entry Fees must be paid before Registration Deadline.
- To register, go to KBF-NC Big Bass Brawl in the KBF Online Store and pay the $45 Entry Fee
- Format: 2-day, one-fish CPR tournament piggybacking off the KBFNC event on TourneyX.
- Competition Rules & Conditions of Participation: Same as for KBFNC.
- Identifier Card and Event ID Code: No additional code or markings will be used for this event; judges will confirm participation by checking the KBF Big Bass Brawl roster.
- Eligible Water & Boundaries: Same as KBFNC
- Launch Points: Same as KBFNC
- Tournament HQ: Same as KBFNC
- Captains Meeting: Same as KBFNC
- Species: Same as KBFNC
- Event Schedule: Same as KBFNC
- Scores and Ranking:
- If the highest-scoring photo for each hour is submitted by a Brawl Competitor, he will be awarded the hourly prize.
- If the highest-scoring photo (“big bass”) for each hour is submitted by a KBFNC Competitor not participating in the Brawl, then the hourly prize rolls back and is added to the next hour’s prize.
- Ties are broken by earliest upload times.
- If Daily and Overall Big Bass are submitted by KBFNC Competitors not participating in the Brawl, the Big Bass Brawl participant with the next-highest score is awarded the prize.
- Cash Prizes:
- Grand prize for overall Big Bass over the two days of competition: $5,000
- Daily Big Bass Prize for Day 1 and Day 2: $2,000 each day
- Hourly Big Bass Prize: $200
- If an hourly Big Bass was submitted by a KBFNC competitor not participating in the Big Bass Brawl, the hourly prize is added to the next hour’s amount.Only Big Bass Brawl competitors win Brawl prizes.
- Other Prize(s): The KBFNC Big Bass Brawl competitor whose submission wins the the 9:00 hour (9:00 a.m. to 9:59 a.m.) on Friday or Saturday wins a pair of NINES sunglasses.
- Reward Distributions: A 48-hour Dispute Period begins when Event judging and review are complete and the Tournament Director announces preliminary results. When all disputes have been resolved—no sooner than 48 hours later—prizes are finalized and posted on this page. Cash prizes are distributed via PayPal Funds Transfer using the email address provided by Competitor during event registration. Competitors who win $600 or more, cumulative, during 2018 are required to provide KBF with a completed, signed, and dated IRS FORM W-9. KBF uses information from the W-9 to prepare an IRS 1099 form, a copy of which is sent to the IRS, and another provided to Competitor in January for income tax return preparation. Prize distribution will follow receipt by KBF of Competitor’s IRS Form W-9.