- This event has passed.
2019 Dee Zee FLW-KBF Cup Presented by YakAttack
August 9, 2019 - August 10, 2019$500
The 2019 Dee Zee FLW/KBF Cup Presented by YakAttack will be on Lake Ouachita near Hot Springs, Arkansas, Friday and Saturday August 9-10. Entry fee for the event is $500 per kayak. This event is held in conjunction with the Aug 9-11 FLW Cup on Lake Hamilton.
Tune in for Live Event coverage from the FLW stage at approximatley 3:30 EDT: https://www.flwfishing.com/
Facebook Event Page: facebook.com/events/311777662802770/
Register for Event on TourneyX ($500): 2019 FLW/KBF Cup
Register for Big Bass Brawl ($50): shopkbf.com
Register for the KBF Pro Tour: shopkbf.com/products/2019-kbf-pro-tour-registration
Become an FLW Member: shop.flwfishing.com
Become a KBF Member: shopkbf.com
KBF Event Rules Addendum
This is an addendum to the KBF Competition Rules Standards and covers rules, restrictions, and details specific to this event only.
- Event Organizers: This tournament was organized and is being run by both FLW and KBF
- Hosts: Hot Springs and Arkansas
- Sponsors: Name sponsor is Dee Zee, the Truck Accessories People, and presenting sponsor is YakAttack
- Tournament Director: for questions about this event, early-departure notifications, and disputes, contact:
• Richard Penny, KBF Director of Operations
• Cell: (619) 569-3065
• Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Judging and Submissions: for questions related to judging, submissions and TourneyX, contact:
• Amanda Brannon, KBF Director of Standards
• Cell: (843)709-4176
• Email: email@example.com
- Tournament HQ: Hot Springs Convention Center, 398 Convention Blvd, Hot Springs, AR 71901
- Eligible Water & Launch Location(s): Eligible water is all of Lake Ouachita from the Ouachita Dam upstream. The western boundary is River Bluff Recreation Area Access, 10 miles upstream from the Hwy 27 bridge. (See west boundary map on this page for Ouachita River access points and west boundary.) On the South Fork Ouachita River and all other tributaries, eligible water is as far as one can paddle/float in the watercraft. No portaging is permitted; if one launches, floats downstream, and encounters impassable shoals, gravel bars, or waterfalls, then any fish caught upstream from that point are inadmissible for competition. Launch from any public-access site from which one can reach eligible water.
- Eligibility: In order to register and compete, one must :
a.) Be 18 years of age or older AND
b.) By the Tuesday, August 6, 2019 event registration deadline, become a 2019 FLW Competitor Member [Join FLW] (Note: KBF 2019 Pro Tour Registration includes FLW Competitor Membership.)
c. ) Qualify through one or more of the following ways:
– Dee Zee 2019 FLW/KBF Open Presented by YakAttack at Nickajack Lake top (all 102 participants qualify; top 20 win free entry)
– 2019 KBF National Championship top 100 (top 10 win free entry)
– Top 10 from each KBF TRAIL Series Tournament through August 3, 2019
– KBF Pro Tour top 50 in 2019 KBF AOY ranking through August 3, 2019
- Competition Rules: KBF Rules apply. By registering, each competitor acknowledges he has read and agrees to abide by
• the KBF Competition Rules Standard (including the Release and Indemnification Agreement and Copyright and Use of Images Agreement) and the KBF Event Participation Terms and Conditions, and
• the specific rules outlined in the KBF Competition Rules Addendum on this page.
- Captains Meeting: Meeting either Wednesday or Thursday is mandatory. If Competitor misses the Wednesday meeting, he MUST attend the one on Thursday.
- Wednesday, 6:30 pm. Dinner for competitors and their families will be provided. Location: Hot Springs Convention Center, Rooms 207-209 (new; changed from Horner Hall)
- Thursday: 7:00 pm. Late Arrival’s Captains Meeting. Location: Hot Springs Convention Center, Room 201
NOTE: Mandatory for all FLW-KBF Cup competitors; Friday’s unique Identifier Cards will be distributed at the Wednesday and Thursday Captains Meetings. VIP Access Passes will be distributed at registration.
- Saturday: Awards Ceremony at 5:00 PM at the Bank OZK Arena in the Hot Springs Convention Center
- Event Schedule
- Tuesday, August 6
• 11:59 pm: Registration Deadline on TourneyX. No on-site Registrations.
- Wednesday, August 7
• 6:30 pm: Event Registration/check-in. Meal for competitors and their families, followed by Captains Meeting at Hot Springs Convention Center, Rooms 207-209 (new; changed from Horner Hall)
NOTE: This Captains Meeting or the Late Arrivals/Make-up one on Thursday evening are mandatory; failure to attend will result in disqualification.
- Thursday, August 8 – Last Prefishing Day
• 5:00 pm: Prefishing deadline
• 7:00 pm: Late Arrivals Event Registration/check-in and make-up Captains Meeting at Hot Springs Convention Center, Rooms 201-202
NOTE: Any who did not receive an Identifier Card at the Wednesday Captains Meeting must be present to receive one.
• 7:00 pm: Event ID Code appears on TourneyX (browser dashboard) and on KBF Website. Write this code on the special Identifier Card for Friday
- Friday, August 9
• 5:30 am: Earliest Launch
• 6:00 am: Competition Start Time/First Cast
• 6:28 am: Sunrise
• 2:00 pm: End of Competition/Lines Out
• 3:00 pm: Photo Upload Deadline
• 4:00 pm: Competitor Check-in Deadline at Expo (open to public) KBF Booth #415-416. There you will receive your FLW Member wrist band for arena access and Saturday Identifier Card. Top 10 check in as early as possible to get into position to go on stage for recognition. All other competitors proceed after checking in to the Arena to watch the Day 1 Recap.
• 5:00 pm: Day 1 Recap at Arena. Recognition of Day 1 Top 10.
- Saturday, August 10
• 5:30 am: Earliest Launch
• 6:00 am: Competition Start Time/First Cast
• 6:29 am: Sunrise
• 1:00 pm: End of Competition/Lines Out (NOTE: One hour earlier than Friday)
• 2:00 pm: Photo Upload Deadline
• 2:30 pm: Competitor Check-in Deadline at KBF Expo Booth, #415-416.
• 4:00 pm: FLW/KBF Cup Top 10 Competitors report to stage for recognition on stage.
• 5:00 pm: FLW/KBF Cup Day 2 Recap, Top 10 Recognized, Awards Ceremony
- Tuesday, August 6
- Entry Fee and Registration Procedures
• Sign up and pay the Entry Fee on TourneyX
• Entry Fee Amount: $500
• Entry Fee Transfers—Not allowed for this event.
• Entry Fee Refunds—Email Registration Refund requests to the Tournament Director at the email address given above. See KBF Competition Rules Standard for additional details.
- Optional KBF Big Bass Brawl
• KBF Member-only side-pot, limited to competitors in the FLW/KBF Open Tournament.
• $50 Entry Fee [Register through KBF Online Store]
• Register and pay Entry Fee through the KBF Online Store at any time until start of competition.
• Prizes: UPGRADE UPDATE!!! Top Three Daily Big Bass and Overall Big Bass Prizes to be awarded by Dee Zee, the Truck Accessories People, in addition to the $50 hourly cash prizes and $100 Golden hour (first hour of each day) cash prizes.
Dee Zee Bucks (store credit) will be awarded for the first, second, and third highest-scoring fish each day and to the competitor who places first overall.
Dee Zee Bucks Awards
1st Place: $3000 Dee Zee Bucks
2nd Place: $2000 Dee Zee Bucks
3rd Place: $1000: Dee Zee Bucks
Overall (2 days) Big Bass pays out an additional $1,000 in Dee Zee Bucks.
That brings the awards for this Brawl to $900 in cash plus $13,000 in Dee Zee Bucks.
• Big Bass prize winners are determined by the single highest-scoring photo of each hour (and then each day) submitted by a Brawl participant. Big bass submitted by competitors who did not register for the KBF Big Bass Brawl are skipped.
• Ties break in favor of the Brawl participant whose photo has the earliest upload time stamp during the hour.
• 100% of Entry Fees net revenues will be paid out to the top 10% of the field, plus the 25% Entry Fee hold-back from the Dee ZeeKBF Open Presented by YakAttack at Nickajack Lake. (Entry Fee net revenues is defined as Entry Fee Gross Revenues less TourneyX and PayPal fees.) The amounts of the payouts and number of places paid will be:
In addition, Dee Zee will award store credit (“Dee Zee Bucks”) to the top three positions as follows:
Champion: $3,000 in Dee Zee Bucks
2nd: $2,000 in Dee Zee Bucks
3rd: $1,000 in Dee Zee Bucks
To be eligible for Dee Zee bonuses post a photo of a Dee Zee sticker on your paddle or kayak to your Social Media (Facebook or Instagram) and tag it for both Dee Zee and Kayak Bass Fishing.
- 2020 KBF National Championship Qualification: Awarded to KBF Members Only in the top 10% of field, rounded to the nearest 10, minimum five with 30+ registrations. If recipient has previously qualified, the award does not roll down.
• Up to 64 Registrants (rounds to 50): top 5 places qualify
• 55-64 Registrants (rounds to 60): top 6 places qualify
• 65-74 Registrants (rounds to 70): top 7 places qualify
• 75-84 Registrants (rounds to 80): top 8 places qualify
• 85-94 Registrants (rounds to 980): top 9 places qualify. etc.
- 2020 KBF TENvitational Qualification: This is a qualifying events for the 2020 KBF TENvitational. Qualifications will be awarded to KBF Members only in the top 10% in rank (one for every ten registrants), with a minimum of ten. No roll-downs if awarded to one who has previously qualified.
- Publishing of Ranking & Rewards:
• Preliminary event rankings and rewards will be announced at the Awards Ceremony at Tournament HQ.
• Tournament photos and submission details will be visible on NRS Leader Board on TourneyX for public review.
• A 24-hour Dispute Period commences when the Tournament Director announces preliminary results. When all disputes submitted by Competitors have been resolved—no less than 24 hours later—prizes, bonuses, AOY Points and KBFNC qualifications are finalized and posted on this page with an event recap on Facebook.
- Cash Prize and Bonus Distributions:
• Each Dee Zee FLW-KBF Cup Presented by YakAttack Competitor awarded cash prizes or bonuses is required to provide KBF with a completed, signed, and dated IRS FORM W-9, even if no information has changed since a form was submitted in previous years.
• Tournament Directors will distribute the blank forms to cash winners after the awards ceremony and will collect the completed, signed and dated forms and forward them to KBF, which uses information from them to prepare IRS 1099 forms. One copy of each Form 1099 is sent to the IRS and another is provided to Competitor in January for income tax return preparation.
• After KBF has received the Form W-9, it will distribute cash prize and bonus payments via PayPal Funds Transfer to the email address provided by Competitor during event registration.
• Any competitor who fails to fill out and turn in an IRS Form W-9 at the event may open a blank form on a web browser [link: IRS FORM W-9], fill it out, sign and date it. The completed form may be mailed to:
Kayak Bass Fishing
Attn: Lynette Brentlinger
170 E Main St Ste D #128
Hendersonville, TN 37073
…or the Competitor may photograph or scan it and then email the digital photo to Lynette Brentlinger, KBF Customer Care Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Payments will be processed following receipt of the completed IRS Forms W-9. [More information]