- This event has passed.
2019 KBF OPEN
December 14, 2019 @ 6:30 am - 2:30 pm EST$50
SATURDAY, DEC 14, 4–6 PM EST
NOTE: CHANGED LOCATION
Tortugas Kitchen and Bar
608 S Ocean Shore Blvd
Flagler Beach, FL 32164
• LAUNCH from any public-access launch point contiguous with eligible water. [FWC Ramp Finder]
• COMPETE in Lake George, Little Lake George, Crescent Lake and Dead Lake, and tributaries
• Boundaries: Lakes listed above plus:
• Salt Springs Run: Salt Springs Boat Ramp [Map] to Lake George
• Oklawaha River: The Kirkpatrick Dam Canoe/Kayak Launch in the Rodman Recreation Area [Map] downstream to the St Johns River. NOTE: eligible water does not include any portion of Rodman Reservoir. It includes the Oklawaha River but only downstream of the dam.
• Dunns Creek: From Crescent Lake [Map] north to St Johns River
• Haw Creek: From Crescent Lake (Green Bay) [Map] east to County Road 305 bridge
• Murphy Creek: From Dunns Creek west to St Johns River [Map]
• St Johns River from Rte 40 bridge south of Lake George [Map] north to the mouth of Dunns Creek [Map]
- FRI, DEC 13 (all times EST)
• Prefishing deadline: 4:00 PM
• Event ID Code release: 6:00 PM
• View Chad’s virtual captains meeting video on KBF Facebook Page [Link]
- SAT, DEC 14
• Registration Deadline: 6:00 AM
• Earliest Launch Time: 6:00 AM
• Competition Starts/Lines In: 6:30 AM
• Sunrise: 7:10 AM
• Competition Ends/Lines Out: 2:30 PM
• Photo Upload Deadline: 3:30 PM (NOTE: Changed from 3:00 PM.)
• Check-in Deadline: 4:00 PM
• Check-in Location: Tortugas Kitchen and Bar
- Format: CPR (catch-photo-release) Tournament in which bass photographed on an approved measuring board along with an Event Identifier Card are uploaded via TourneyX Pro App
- Event ID Code: Same KBF Identifier Card, but different Event ID Code than from the Friday KBF Big Bass Brawl [Printable 8-up PDF]
- Minimum length: 12.00″
- Number of Fish: 5
- Payout: will post this later today, Saturday, 11/2
• Create a TourneyX Account: [Register for Free Account]
• Download TourneyX Pro App: [Apple] [Android]
• TourneyX FAQ: [TourneyX Help]
• TourneyX Live Leaderboard: [Open]
- KBF Competition Rules: [Rules]
- Waiver & Release Form: [Submit Online]
Palm Coast and the Flagler Beaches
Entry Fee: $50
Register on TourneyX: [Register for Event]
CONTACTS — Report issues, questions, or early departures to:
Director: Chad Hoover
KBF Members who finish in the top 30 will qualify to compete in the 2020 KBF National Championship.
Following a 24-hour dispute window, during which scores and judgments may be challenged, results are finalized and posted on the KBF Rosters and Rankings page.
PRIZE PAYOUT – FORM W-9 REQUIRED
Each Competitor awarded cash prizes is required to provide KBF with a completed, signed, and dated IRS FORM W-9, even if no information has changed since one was submitted in previous years.
Open a blank form on a web browser [link to IRS FORM W-9], fill it out, sign and date it. Then mail it to:
Kayak Bass Fishing
Attn. Lynette Brentlinger
170 E Main St Ste D #128
Hendersonville, TN 37075
…or photograph or scan it, and email the digital photo to Lynette Brentlinger, KBF Member Services Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
After receiving the completed, signed and dated Form W-9, KBF will distribute payments via PayPal Funds Transfer to the email address provided during event registration.