- This event has passed.
2019 Jackson Kayak KBF TRAIL San Vicente CA
April 13, 2019 @ 7:00 am - 3:00 pm PDT$75
This event is for 2019 KBF Competitor Members and Lifetime Members Only and is sponsored by Jackson Kayak and Torqeedo.
Join KBF: www.kayakbassfishing.com/join/
Event Overview: 2019 KBF TRAIL Series
Facebook Event Page: www.facebook.com/events/1661041667331050/
Register for Event ($75): tourneyx.com/app/tourney/201904-kbf-trail-san-vicente-ca
Register for Big Bass Brawl ($25): shopkbf.com/kbf-big-bass-brawl-apr-2019-san-vicente-ca
Register for KBF BONUS BUCKS-TRAIL: shopkbf.com/kbf-programs/2018-kbf-bonus-bucks-trail
KBF Member Lodging Discounts: hotels.gametimetravel.com/group-event?id=33768
This is an addendum to the KBF Competition Rules Standards and covers rules, restrictions, and details specific to this event only.
- KBF Region: West, sponsored by Jackson Kayak
- Tournament Director: for questions about this event, early-departure notifications, and disputes, contact:
• Mark Christman, So Cal Kayak Anglers
• Cell: (808) 226-2931
• Email: email@example.com
- Tournament HQ: • San Vincente Reservoir Park, 12387 Moreno Ave, Lakeside, CA 92040. Tournament HQ will be at the pavilions between the two parking lots on the back side of the concession stand.
- Eligible Water & Launch Location(s): All waters of San Vicente Reservoir are in-bounds.
Note: San Vicente is a public park with only one boat launch. Anglers that arrive before the gates open will stage in the park entrance lanes below the park prior to the entrance.
The park will open 30 minuets before sunrise; Sunrise on April 13th is at 6:22 AM, therefore the park should open at approximately 5:50 AM. A fee of $8.00 will be collected upon entrance from each angler, this is to cover your fishing permit fee. Competitors are still required to have a valid California fishing license. This will be an open water start, anglers will be able to launch as soon as ready and stage their kayak along the dock or in the area to the right or left of the launch. At 6:30 AM anglers can depart the staging area and proceed to their fishing location, lines in at 7:00 AM. Please remember to follow boat ramp etiquette, do not block the boat ramp or spend an excessive amount of time on the ramp during both launch and recovery. If you have any questions please contact the tournament director in advance and review the below link for information on San Vicente Reservoir. https://www.sandiego.gov/reservoir-lakes/san-vicente-reservoir
- Eligibility: KBF Membership required, either 2019 KBF Competitor Membership or KBF Lifetime Membership
- Competition Rules: KBF Rules are in two parts: By registering, each competitor acknowledges he has read and agrees to abide by
• the KBF Competition Rules Standard (including the Release and Indemnification Agreement and Copyright and Use of Images Agreement) and the KBF Event Participation Terms and Conditions, and
• the specific rules outlined in the KBF Competition Rules Addendum on this page.
- Captains Meeting: Virtual Captains meeting only. Anglers are responsible for reviewing the online virtual Captains meeting in advance. Angler responsibility is key to keep from being disqualified or violating 2019 KBF rules. Know and follow the rules.
- Event Schedule
- Friday, 4/12
• Virtual Captains Meeting
• 7:00 p.m.: Event ID Code appears on TourneyX (browser dashboard) and on KBF Website
• 7:30 p.m.: Prefishing deadline
• 11:59 p.m.: Registration Deadline
- Saturday, 4/13
• 5:52 a.m.: Park opens ($8 fee must be paid at park entrance)
• 6:22 a.m.: Sunrise
• 6:30 a.m.: Earliest Launch
• 7:00 a.m.: Competition Start Time/First Cast
• 3:00 p.m.: End of Competition/Lines Out
• 3:30 p.m.: Photo upload deadline. (Changed from 3:00 p.m. on 4/12/2019)
• 4:00 p.m.: Competitor Check-in Deadline; all anglers must have checked in with staff at Tournament HQ (pavilions between two parking lots behind concession stand). Awards Ceremony at Tournament HQ. Must be present to receive prize(s).
- Friday, 4/12
- Manual Submission of Digital Photos: The preferred method for submitting digital photos is direct upload from the Competitor’s smart phone to the Tournament Management System (TMS). Competitors may need to move to a facility with Wi-Fi to upload photos. If a Competitor cannot upload photos on his own, he must request assistance from TRAIL Event Staff at Tournament HQ no later than the time given above and must be prepared to surrender his smart phone, camera, or cameras’ memory card with USB cable.
- Entry Fee and Registration Procedures
• Sign up and pay the Entry Fee on TourneyX
• Entry Fee Amount: $75
• Entry Fee Transfers—Not allowed for this event.
• Entry Fee Refunds—Email Registration Refund requests to the Tournament Director at the email address given above. See KBF Competition Rules Standard for additional details.
- Optional Big Bass Brawl
• KBF Member-only side-pot, limited to competitors in the KBF TRAIL Series Tournament.
• $25 Entry Fee
• Register and pay Entry Fee through the KBF Online Store at any time until start of competition.
• Prizes: Overall Big Bass $500 with $50 hourly prizes. Golden hour (first hour of the day) pays double. Mystery bass pays an extra $50 to KBF BONUS BUCKS participant.
• Big Bass prize winners are determined by the single highest-scoring photo of each hour (and then each day) submitted by a Brawl participant. If no Brawl participant submits a photo during an hour, then that hour’s prize is added to the next hour’s prize amount.
• Ties break in favor of the Brawl participant who’s photo has the earliest upload time stamp during the hour.
- Prizes—Prizes for 2019 will be the same for each event, regardless of the number of registrants.
• First Place. . . . . . . . $2,000
• Second Place. . . . . $1,000
• Third Place . . . . . . . . $750
• Fourth Place . . . . . . . $600
• Fifth Place. . . . . . . . . $500
• Sixth Place . . . . . . . . $400
• Seventh Place. . . . . . $400
• Eighth Place . . . . . . . $300
• Ninth Place . . . . . . . . $300
• Tenth Place . . . . . . . . $200
- KBF BONUS BUCKS will be awarded on behalf of KBF Sponsors at this event to the competitor who finishes in first place AND is enrolled in KBF BONUS BUCKS and meets the following eligibility standards. KBF cash bonuses are available to KBF BONUS BUCKS-TRAIL participants who finish in 1st, 2nd or 3rd place.Competitors who claim BONUS BUCKS prizes must present qualifying products to the Tournament Director after Awards Ceremony. An event photographer will photograph the Competitor with qualifying products for verification and marketing purposes. Multiple qualifying products may appear in the same photograph. KBF BONUS BUCKS Program participants grant permission for KBF to use photos in marketing the sponsors, in promoting KBF BONUS BUCKS and for all post-event press releases and social media reports. No additional compensation shall be provided for the use of photography and video by KBF or the program sponsors. Bonus distributions will processed only after eligibility has been documented by photos and IRS Form W-9 submitted (as described below).
- Mystery Bass BONUS BUCKS—This special bonus, starting at $50, grows with each TRAIL Series Tournament until claimed and then starts over at $50.
a. KBF uses Research Randomizer to generate a random photo score between 15.00″ and 24.00″
b. At the event, a competition hour (1–8) is drawn at random from a sack (e.g., Hour 3…. or Hour 7)
c. The TD identifies all photos that exactly match the Mystery Bass score and that were submitted during the randomly selected competition hour. Ties are broken in favor of the first competitor who submitted a photo of that score. A $50 bonus (or the amount to which the bonus has grown by that event) is awarded if the competitor who submitted that photo it is enrolled in KBF BONUS BUCKS-TRAIL.
d. If a Mystery Bass Bonus is unclaimed at a KBF TRAIL Series Tournament, then the bonus is added to the bonus at the next one. For example, if a $50 bonus is unclaimed, the next week’s Mystery Bass Bonus would be worth $50 + $50. Multiple KBF TRAIL Series Tournaments on the same day all benefit equally, so if there are three such tournaments the following weekend, $100 is up for grabs at all three. The number keeps climbing until claimed…possibly all the way to $1,500 by the last KBF TRAIL Series Regional Final.
- 2019 KBF AOY Points
• 2019 KBF Angler of the Year points will be awarded to all eligible KBF Members who register for this event.
• Active Participants’ AOY points will range from a maximum of 600 Points for First Place down to 120, dropping with each successively lower rank by five(5) points, with each angler’s ranking determined by his score.
• To be considered an Active Participant, one must upload a photo of a bass that meets scoring standards or, if none were caught, a photo that meets all photo requirements except that the Measuring Board is empty, with a score submitted as 0.01″ (Note: KBF recommends taking such a photo and submitting it at start-of-competition time so Competitor qualifies for at least the minimum Participation Points and to ensure Competitor has an approved measuring board, KBF Identifier Card with Event ID Code, and a functioning digital camera.)
• Registrants who do not compete, or who fail to upload the empty measuring board “Participation” photo will be awarded 60 Registration Points.
- 2020 KBF National Championship Qualification: Awarded to top 10% of field, rounded to the nearest 10, minimum five with 30+ registrations. If recipient has previously qualified, the award does not roll down.
• 30-54 Registrants (rounds to 50): top 5 places qualify
• 55-64 Registrants (rounds to 60): top 6 places qualify
• 65-74 Registrants (rounds to 70): top 7 places qualifY
• 75-84 Registrants (rounds to 80): top 8 places qualify. etc.
- 2019 KBF TRAIL Series Regional Final Qualification: The top twenty percent, minimum 20, in rank at each KBF TRAIL Series Tournament qualify to advance to the 2019 Regional Final, where they will compete to qualify for the 2019 KBF TRAIL Series Championship at La Crosse, Wisconsin In October, 2019.
- 2019 KBF TRAIL Series Championship Qualification: The top ten percent, minimum 10, in rank at each KBF TRAIL Series Tournament qualify to advance to the 2019 KBF TRAIL Series National Championship at La Crosse, Wisconsin In October, 2019.
- 2020 KBF TENvitational Qualification: KBF TRAIL Series Tournaments are qualifying events for the 2020 KBF TENvitational. Qualifications will be awarded to the top 10% in rank (one for every ten registrants), with a minimum of ten. No roll-downs if awarded to one who has previously qualified.
- Publishing of Ranking & Rewards:
• Preliminary event rankings and rewards will be announced at the Awards Ceremony at Tournament HQ.
• Tournament photos and submission details will be visible on NRS Leader Board on TourneyX for public review.
• A 24-hour Dispute Period commences when the Tournament Director announces preliminary results. When all disputes submitted by Competitors have been resolved—no less than 24 hours later—prizes, bonuses, AOY Points and KBFNC qualifications are finalized and posted on this page with an event recap on Facebook.
- Cash Prize and Bonus Distributions:
• Each KBF TRAIL Series Competitor awarded cash prizes or bonuses in 2019 is required to provide KBF with a completed, signed, and dated IRS FORM W-9, even if no information has changed since a form was submitted in previous years.
• Tournament Directors will distribute the blank forms to cash winners after the awards ceremony and will collect the completed, signed and dated forms and forward them to KBF, which uses information from them to prepare IRS 1099 forms. One copy of each Form 1099 is sent to the IRS and another is provided to Competitor in January for income tax return preparation.
• After KBF has received the Form W-9, it will distribute cash prize and bonus payments via PayPal Funds Transfer to the email address provided by Competitor during event registration.
• Any competitor who fails to fill out and turn in an IRS Form W-9 at the event may open a blank form on a web browser [link: IRS FORM W-9], fill it out, sign and date it. The completed form may be mailed to:
Kayak Bass Fishing
Attn: Lynette Brentlinger
170 E Main St Ste D #128
Hendersonville, TN 37073
…or the Competitor may photograph or scan it and then email the digital photo to Lynette Brentlinger, KBF Customer Care Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Payments will be processed following receipt of the completed IRS Forms W-9. [More information]