2020 KBF TRAIL – Lower Otay Reservoir
July 11 @ 6:30 am - 2:30 pm PDT$100
Realtree Fishing KBF TRAIL Series presented by Dee Zee at Lower Otay Reservoir is sponsored by Columbia Sportswear.
KBF PARTNER HOST —SoCal Kayak Anglers
CONTACT — Report issues, questions, or early departures to:
Tournament Coordinator: Mark Christman
Phone: (808) 226-2931
COMPETITOR ELIGIBILITY — Before registering for and competing in this event, one must have paid his 2020 KBF Competitor, or KBF Lifetime Member Dues. KBF will make reasonable efforts to contact Non-members prior to competition to inform them that they are ineligible for prizes and awards unless they pay their KBF Member dues before start-of-competition or upon contact.
EVENT RULES — By registering for this event, you agree that you have read, understand, and agree to abide by the terms, conditions, and provisions of the KBF Competition Rules Standard and event-specific rules on this Event Page.
REQUIRED PERMITS — A valid State fishing license.
EVENT ID CARD — An official KBF Event ID Card with the proper Event ID Code must appear in each photo submitted for scoring. Codes are posted on the KBF Website Identifiers page and appear in the TourneyX Pro App dashboard at 6PM the evening before competition. No substitutes. Click to open a PDF file, printable, with 8 KBF Event Cards. [More Information]
• Compete on Lower Otay Reservoir
• Launch: Lower Otay Reservoir is a public park with only one boat launch. Competitors can launch from different 4 locations. The boat launch, in front of the parking lot to left, the end of Otay Arm on the north end of the lake along Otay Lakes Rd (limited parking), or at North Point lookout (limited parking) off Otay lakes Rd. North Point gate may not open as early as the rest of the park, however we will work with the staff leading up to the event to get it opened as early as possible. Competitors who arrive early must park along Wueste Rd, or Otay Lakes Rd until the park opens. Otay Reservoir will open 30 minuets prior to sunrise; Sunrise is 5:50 on 11 July, 2020, so the park will open at approximately 5:20 AM. A fee of $8.00 for fishing permit and $2.00 for kayak launch must be paid to the concessions stand or iron ranger on the left side of the boat ramp. There is an envelope deposit box at Northpoint lookout as well. You are still required to have a valid California fishing license. At 6:00 AM anglers can depart their launch area and proceed to their fishing location, lines in at 6:30 AM. Please remember to follow boat ramp etiquette, do not block the boat ramp or spend an excessive amount of time on the ramp during both launch and recovery. If you have any questions please contact the KBF Event Liaison in advance and review the link for information on Lower Otay Reservoir. https://www.sandiego.gov/reservoirs-lakes/lower-otay-reservoir
TOURNAMENT HQ — N/A. Due to Covid-19 assembly restrictions, this event will be a “virtual” tournament in which competitors do not meet together for Report-in and Awards Presentations after competition.
TOURNEYX CHECK-IN/CHECK-OUT — Competitors are required to notify Tournament Coordinator they are safely off the water by clicking the “Check-Out” button on the TourneyX Pro App dashboard no later than the time shown below. If function is inaccessible, Competitor must contact Tournament Coordinator directly by phone or text.
- Prefishing: Lake is Closed the entire week prior to the event
- Thursday, July 9
• Virtual captains meeting streams live on KBF Facebook Page [Link]
• Afterwards, view on KBF Website Video Captains Meeting page.
- Friday, July 10 (all times Pacific Time Zone)
• Event ID Code Released on TourneyX Pro App Dashboard and KBF Website: 7:00 PM
- Saturday, July 11
• Registration Deadline: 12:00 AM
• Earliest Launch Time: 6:00 AM
• Competition Starts/Lines In: 6:30 AM
• Sunrise: 5:50 AM
• Competition Ends/Lines Out: 2:30 PM
• Photo Upload Deadline: 3:00 PM
• TourneyX Check-out Deadline: 3:00 PM
• Report-in Location: Virtual Tournament; no meetings to comply with assembly restrictions.
• Format: CPR (Catch-Photo-Release) Tournament in which bass are photographed on an approved measuring board, with the Event ID Code on a visible KBF Identifier Card in the picture, and uploaded via the TourneyX Pro App
• Event ID Code: a 3-character alpha-numeric code is displayed on the KBF Event ID web page at 7 PM the evening before competition and in the TourneyX Pro App dashboard at the “Event ID Code release time above. Print that code legibly in ink on a KBF Identifier Card. [Printable 8-up PDF] [Info]
• Minimum bass length: 12.00″
• Maximum Number of Fish Remaining on Leader Board: 5 (no limit to the number you can submit; fish with lower scores are automatically replaced by those with larger scores.
– Create a TourneyX Account: [Register for Free Account]
– Download TourneyX Pro App: [Apple] [Android]
– TourneyX FAQ: [TourneyX Help]
– TourneyX Live Leaderboard: [Link]
• KBF Competition Rule Standard: [Rules]
• Waiver & Release Online Form: [Submit Online]
• Withdraw/Refund Request: [Link]
• Dispute Submission: [Link]
• Payout Model: See chart on this page.
LODGING: KBF Members save 20% at Red Roof
• Columbia Sportswear
• Realtree Fishing
• Dee Zee, The Truck Accessories People
• YakAttack US-made Kayak Gear & Accessories
• Diatract Sense Surge Technology
• FishUSA, America’s Tackle Shop
• 100% Payout of Net Entry Fees (gross Entry Fees less TourneyX and PayPal fees)
• 25% of Net Entry Fees Awarded in Big Bass Brawl
• 75% of Net Entry Fees awarded to top 10% in standings
KBF BONUS BUCKS – TRAIL — KBF and KBF Sponsors off cash bonuses to KBF BONUS BUCKS – TRAIL program participants finishing in 1st, 2nd, or 3rd place at each KBF TRAIL Series tournament. See the chart on this page for ll sponsors and qualifying products or conditions. To be eligible, one must register in the KBF BONUS BUCKS – TRAIL program, finish in a top-three spot, and present photos, taken on competition day, to the tournament coordinator of your qualifying product. Those photos must then be emailed or texted to KBF staff for the tournament results post nad for sponsor promotion in social media. See KBF BONUS BUCKS web page for full details.
TRAIL Series Mystery Bass BONUS BUCKS — This special opportunity for KBF BONUS BUCKS–TRAIL participants starts at $50 and grows with each TRAIL Series Tournament until claimed, and then it starts over at $50. To win, one must be in the KBF BONUS BUCKS – TRAIL program and be the first to upload a photo of randomly-chosen score in a randomly-drawn hour, and that photo must still be on the NRS Leader Board at end of competition.
2020 KBF AOY Points — 2020 KBF Angler of the Year points are awarded to all eligible KBF Members who register for this event.
• Active Participant AOY Points range from a maximum of 600 Points for First Place down to 120, dropping five (5) points with each step down in rank (e.g., 1st 600, 2nd 595, 3rd 590, 4th 585…)
• To be considered an Active Participant, submit at least one photo or use the TourneX Pro App “Check In” function on eligible water.
• Registrants who fail to Check In on the TourneyX Pro App are awarded 60 Registration Points.
QUALIFYING FOR ADVANCEMENT
• 2020 KBF TRAIL Series Championship — Top 25%, minimum 10
• 2021 Dee Zee KBF TENvitational — 1st, 2nd and 3rd Place
• 2021 KBF National Championship — Top 25%, minimum 5
Qualifications do not roll down if awarded to a competitor who has already qualified.
PUBLISHING EVENT RESULTS — Following a 24-hour dispute window, during which scores and judgments may be challenged, results are finalized and posted on the KBF Rosters and Rankings page.
PRIZE PAYOUTS & FORM W-9 — Payments are processed after event results are finalized and all disputes have been resolved, but no sooner then three days after end-of-competition. Each Competitor awarded a cash prize must have an IRS FORM W-9 on file with KBF. [Details and instructions]