2020 KBF TRAIL-Open at Lake Hopatcong
July 11 @ 5:30 am - 1:30 pm EDT$100
Realtree Fishing KBF Pro Tour Open Tournament presented by Dee Zee at Lake Hopatcong
COMPETITOR ELIGIBILITY — KBF Membership is NOT required to compete in this KBF Pro Tour Open tourament; however, any competitor who qualifies for the Pro Tour Championship must become a 2020 KBF Pro Member before registering for and competing in that event. This is also a qualifying event for the 2021 KBF National Championship, but that is for 2020 KBF Ambassador, 2020 KBF Competitor, 2020 KBF Pro, or KBF Lifetime Member only.
SIGN UP ON TOURNEYX — [Register Now]
EVENT RULES — By registering for this event, you agree that you have read, understand, and agree to abide by the terms, conditions, and provisions of the KBF Competition Rules Standard and event-specific rules on this Event Page.
EVENT ID CARD — An official KBF Identifier Card wtih the proper Event ID Code must appear in each photo submitted for scoring. Codes are posted on the KBF Website Identifiers page and appear in the TourneyX Pro App dashboard at 6PM the evening before competition. No substitutes. Click to open a PDF file, printable, with 8 KBF Event Cards. [More Information]
ELIGIBLE WATER —
• COMPETE on the Lake Hopatcong and tributaries as far as one may paddle/float from them, plus any canal, creek, channel or slough connecting them. [Map].
• LAUNCH from any public-access launch point contiguous with, though not necessarily directly onto, eligible water.
TOURNAMENT HQ — Hopatcong State Park, 260 Lakeside Blvd, Landing, NJ 0785
- Friday, May 1 (all times Eastern Time Zone)
• Prefishing deadline: 4:00 PM
• Event ID Code Released on TourneyX Pro App Dashboard and KBF Website: 7:00 PM
• View virtual captains meeting video on KBF Facebook Page [Link]
- Saturday, May 2
• Registration Deadline: 12:00 AM
• Earliest Launch Time: 5:00 AM
• Competition Starts/Lines In: 5:30 AM
• Sunrise: 5:52 AM
• Competition Ends/Lines Out: 1:30 PM
• Photo Upload Deadline: 2:00 PM
• Report-in Deadline: 3:00 PM
• Report-in Location: Tournament HQ
• Report-in Location: Tournament HQ, with awards to follow
NOTE: TourneyX lists start/end times as 5:30AM-2:00PM, but that end time is the photo-upload deadline. Competition end-time (lines-out) is 1:30PM.
• Format: CPR (Catch-Photo-Release) Tournament in which bass are photographed on an approved measuring board, with the Event ID Code on a visible KBF Idenitifier Card in the picture, and uploaded via the TourneyX Pro App
• Event ID Code: a 3-character alpha-numeric code is displayed on the KBF Event ID web page at 7 PM the evening before competition and in the TourneyX Pro App dashboard at the “Event ID Code release time above. Print that code legibly in ink on a KBF Identifier Card. [Printable 8-up PDF] [Info]
• Minimum bass length: 12.00″
• Maximum Number of Fish Remaining on Leader Board: 5 (no limit to the number you can submit; fish with lower scores are automatically replaced by those with larger scores.
– Create a TourneyX Account: [Register for Free Account]
– Download TourneyX Pro App: [Apple] [Android]
– TourneyX FAQ: [TourneyX Help]
– TourneyX Live Leaderboard: [Link]
• KBF Competition Rule Standard: [Rules]
• Waiver & Release Online Form: [Submit Online]
• Withdraw/Refund Request: [Link]
• Dispute Submission: [Link]
• Payout Model: See chart on this page.
• Realtree Fishing
• Dee Zee, The Truck Accessories People
• Morris County Tourism
• Sussex Skylands
• YakAttack Make it Yours!
• Diatract Sense Surge Technology
• Power-Pole Total Boat Control
• FishUSA, America’s Tackle Shop
• ProTechNet Security for Kayak & Gear
• Tactacam Share your fishing trip
• Dakota Lithium Go further. Last longer. Play harder.
VENUE HOST —Sussex County Chamber of Commerce & Morris County Tourism
LODGING: For lodging referrals, call:
Tammie Horsfield, President
Sussex County Chamber of Commerce
973-579-1811 | email@example.com
CONTACTS — Report issues, questions, or early departures to Tournament Coordinator:
OTHER TOURNAMENT STAFF
• 100% Payout of Net Entry Fees (gross Entry Fees less TourneyX and PayPal fees)
• 25% of net Entry Fees held back for Pro Tour Championship
• 75% of net Entry Fees awarded to top 10% in standings
Big Bass Brawl — Get in on this $25 big bass side pot that pays out $100 first hour/$50 hours 2-8 and overall big bass prizes, amounts varying by number of entries. 100% payout. [Register]
BERKLEY CAST FOR CASH — Competitors in this event are eligible to win $150 or $100 from Berkley. [Details, Rules, and Register]
QUALIFYING FOR ADVANCEMENT
• 2020 KBF Pro Tour Championship — Top 10%, minimum 10; KBF Membership is NOT required to qualify.
• 2021 Dee Zee KBF TENvitational — 1st, 2nd and 3rd Place; KBF Membership required.
• 2021 KBF National Championship — Top 10%, minimum 5; KBF Membership required
When qualifications for events listed above are percentage-based, numbers are rounded to the nearest 10. For example, at 10%, minimum 5
• 30-54 Registrants (rounds to 50): top 5 places qualify
• 55-64 Registrants (rounds to 60): top 6 places qualify
• 65-74 Registrants (rounds to 70): top 7 places qualifY
• 75-84 Registrants (rounds to 80): top 8 places qualify. etc.
Qualifications do not roll down if awarded to a competitor who has already qualified.
PUBLISHING EVENT RESULTS — Following a 24-hour dispute window, during which scores and judgments may be challenged, results are finalized and posted on the KBF Rosters and Rankings page.
PRIZE PAYOUTS & FORM W-9 — Payments are processed after event results are finalized and all disputes have been resolved, but no sooner then three days after end-of-competition. Each Competitor awarded a cash prize must have an IRS FORM W-9 on file with KBF. [Details and instructions]