- This event has passed.
2020 KBF TRAIL – Pueblo Reservoir
May 16, 2020 @ 6:00 am - 2:00 pm MST$100
Realtree Fishing KBF TRAIL Series presented by Dee Zee at Pueblo Reservoir is sponsored by Columbia Sportswear.
COMPETITOR ELIGIBILITY — Before registering for and competing in this event, one must have paid his 2020 KBF Competitor or KBF Lifetime Member Dues. KBF will make reasonable efforts to contact Non-members prior to competition to inform them that they are ineligible for prizes and awards unless they pay their KBF Member dues before start-of-competition or upon contact.
EVENT RULES — By registering for this event, you agree that you have read, understand, and agree to abide by the terms, conditions, and provisions of the KBF Competition Rules Standard and event-specific rules on this Event Page.
REQUIRED PERMITS — In addition to a valid State fishing license, a state park pass (depending on launch location) (Daily park pass or yearly park pass) is required.
ENVIRONMENTAL/BOAT INSPECTION/WASH REQUIREMENTS: If you have an electric motor, you DO NOT have to get it inspected prior to launching at Pueblo State Park. Pueblo has an exemption to this requirement! ANS inspections are usually required for any kayak with motor (electric or otherwise). No ANS inspections required for motorless kayaks. If a kayak requires decontamination, decontamination hours vary, but are typically open a few hours after inspection start.
EVENT ID CODE — A 3-character alpha-numeric Event ID Code is posted on the KBF Website Event ID Codes page at 6PM Central Time. It also appears in the TourneyX Pro App dashboard at 6PM (tournament’s time zone) the evening before competition. Print that code legibly in ink on a KBF Identifier Card.
ELIGIBLE WATER — Lakes and rivers listed below plus tributaries as far as one may paddle/float from them, plus any canal, creek, channel or slough connecting them. Boundaries: Whole reservoir and connecting river(s) [Map]
• COMPETE on: Pueblo Reservoir
• LAUNCH from: any public-access launch point contiguous with, though not necessarily directly onto, eligible water
• RIVER BASSIN’ LAUNCH POINTS:
TOURNAMENT HQ — N/A. Due to Covid-19 assembly restrictions, this event will be a “virtual” tournament in which competitors do not meet together for Report-in and Awards Presentations after competition.
TOURNEYX CHECK-IN/CHECK-OUT — Competitors are required to notifiy Tournament Coordinator they are safely off the water by clicking the “Check-Out” button on the TourneyX Pro App dashboard no later than 2:30 PM. If function is inaccessible, Competitor must contact Tournament Coordinator Alex Rojas (719-761-6321) directly by phone or text.
- Thursday, May 14 (all times MDT—Mountain Time Zone)
• Video Captains Meeting Live Feed: 6:00 PM
• Video recording posted on KBF Video Captains Meeting Page
- Friday, May 15
• Prefishing deadline: 8:00 PM
• Event ID Code Released on TourneyX Pro App Dashboard and KBF Website: 7:00 PM
- Saturday, May 16
• Registration Deadline: 5:30 AM
• Earliest Launch Time: 5:30 AM
• Competition Starts/Lines In: 6:00 AM
• Sunrise: 5:46 AM
• Competition Ends/Lines Out: 2:00 PM
• Photo Upload Deadline: 2:30 PM
• TourneyX “Check-out” Deadline: 2:30 PM
• Report-in Location: Virtual Event; no post-competition assembly. “Check-out” on TourneyX and head home after coming off the water.
• Format: CPR (Catch-Photo-Release) Tournament in which bass are photographed on an approved measuring board, with the Event ID Code on a visible KBF Identifier Card in the picture, and uploaded via the TourneyX Pro App
• Minimum bass length: 12.00″
• Maximum Number of Fish Remaining on Leader Board: 5 (no limit to the number you can submit; fish with lower scores are automatically replaced by those with larger scores.
– Create a TourneyX Account: [Register for Free Account]
– Download TourneyX Pro App: [Apple] [Android]
– TourneyX FAQ: [TourneyX Help]
– TourneyX Live Leaderboard: [Link]
• KBF Competition Rules Standard: [Rules]
• Waiver & Release Online Form: [Submit Online once per year]
• Withdraw/Refund Request Form: [Link]
• Dispute Submission Form: [Link]
VENUE HOST — Greater Pueblo Chamber
LODGING — Camping at Pueblo State Park is currently closed as of 4/28/2020. We are hoping camping will be opened before this event. There may be other camping opportunities nearby. There are plenty of hotels in Pueblo.
KBF PARTNER HOST — CKFC (Colorado Kayak Fishing Club)
• Columbia Sportswear
• Realtree Fishing
• Dee Zee, The Truck Accessories People
• YakAttack US-made Kayak Gear & Accessories
• Diatract Sense Surge Technology
• FishUSA, America’s Tackle Shop
• Tactacam Fish-i, Share Your Catch
• Dakota Lithium, Go further. Last longer. Play Harder.
CONTACTS — Report issues, questions, or early departures to:
Tournament Coordinator: Alex Rojas
Phone: (719) 761-6321
• 100% Payout of Net Entry Fees (gross Entry Fees less TourneyX, Admin, and PayPal fees)
• 25% of Entry Fees Awarded in Big Bass Brawl
• Balance of Entry Fees awarded to top 10% in standings
KBF BONUS BUCKS – TRAIL — KBF and KBF Sponsors offer cash bonuses to KBF BONUS BUCKS – TRAIL program participants finishing in 1st, 2nd, or 3rd place at each KBF TRAIL Series tournament. See the chart on this page for ll sponsors and qualifying products or conditions. To be eligible, one must register in the KBF BONUS BUCKS – TRAIL program, finish in a top-three spot, and present photos, taken on competition day, to the tournament coordinator of your qualifying product. Those photos must then be emailed or texted to KBF staff for the tournament results post nad for sponsor promotion in social media. See KBF BONUS BUCKS web page for full details.
TRAIL Series Mystery Bass — This special opportunity for KBF BONUS BUCKS–TRAIL participants starts at $50 and grows with each TRAIL Series Tournament until claimed, and then it starts over at $50. To win, one must be in the KBF BONUS BUCKS – TRAIL program and be the first to upload a photo of randomly-chosen score in a randomly-drawn hour, and that photo must still be on the NRS Leader Board at end of competition.
2020 KBF AOY Points — 2020 KBF Angler of the Year points are awarded to all eligible KBF Members who register for this event.
• Active Participant AOY Points range from a maximum of 600 Points for First Place down to 120, dropping five (5) points with each step down in rank (e.g., 1st 600, 2nd 595, 3rd 590, 4th 585…)
• To be considered an Active Participant, submit at least one photo or use the TourneX Pro App “Check In” function on eligible water.
• Registrants who fail to Check In on the TourneyX Pro App are awarded 60 Registration Points.
QUALIFYING FOR ADVANCEMENT
• 2020 KBF TRAIL Series Championship — Top 25%, minimum 5
• 2021 Dee Zee KBF TENvitational — 1st, 2nd and 3rd Place
• 2021 KBF National Championship — Top 25%, minimum 5
Qualifications do not roll down if awarded to a competitor who has already qualified.
PUBLISHING EVENT RESULTS — Following a 24-hour dispute window, during which scores and judgments may be challenged, results are finalized and posted on the KBF Rosters and Rankings page.
PRIZE PAYOUTS & FORM W-9 — Payments are processed after event results are finalized and all disputes have been resolved, but no sooner then three days after end-of-competition. Each Competitor awarded a cash prize must have an IRS FORM W-9 on file with KBF. [Details and instructions]