2020 KBF TRAIL – Lake St. Clair
June 6 @ 5:30 am - 1:30 pm EDT$100
Realtree Fishing KBF TRAIL Series presented by Dee Zee at Lake St. Clair is sponsored by Bonafide Kayaks.
COMPETITOR ELIGIBILITY — Before registering for and competing in this event, one must have paid his 2020 KBF Competitor, 2020 KBF Pro, or KBF Lifetime Member Dues. KBF will make reasonable efforts to contact Non-members prior to competition to inform them that they are ineligible for prizes and awards unless they pay their KBF Member dues before start-of-competition or upon contact.
EVENT RULES — By registering for this event, you agree that you have read, understand, and agree to abide by the terms, conditions, and provisions of the KBF Competition Rules Standard and event-specific rules on this Event Page.
REQUIRED PERMITS — In addition to a valid State fishing license, a daily permit of $10 per vehicle and $10 per trailer is required. [Source]
EVENT ID CARD — An official KBF Event ID Card with the proper Event ID Code must appear in each photo submitted for scoring. Codes are posted on the KBF Website Identifiers page and appear in the TourneyX Pro App dashboard at 6PM the evening before competition. No substitutes. Click to open a PDF file, printable, with 8 KBF Event Cards. [More Information]
ELIGIBLE WATER — US waters of Lake St Clair and the St Clair River, upstream to Baby’s Point (Note: stay on the west side of the river) and downstream to 50 yards below Belle Isle in the Launch anywhere into US waters. (Canada season doesn’t open until later, so stay out.) [Map]
Boundaries: To the south, 50 yards (about two long casts) from Sunset Point, the downstream end of Belle Isle. To the north: the mouth of Johnston’s Channel on the St. Clair River, below Baby’s Point. [Map]
• COMPETE on:
> Lake St. Clair
> St. Clair River
• LAUNCH from any public-access launch point contiguous with, though not necessarily directly onto, eligible water
• RIVER BASSIN’ LAUNCH POINTS:
TOURNAMENT HQ — TBD
- Friday, May 1 (all times Eastern Time Zone)
• Prefishing deadline: 4:00 PM
• Event ID Code Released on TourneyX Pro App Dashboard and KBF Website: 7:00 PM
• View virtual captains meeting video on KBF Facebook Page [Link]
- Saturday, May 2
• Registration Deadline: 5:30 AM
• Earliest Launch Time: 5:30 AM
• Competition Starts/Lines In: 6:00 AM
• Sunrise: 6:40 AM
• Competition Ends/Lines Out: 2:00 PM
• Photo Upload Deadline: 2:30 PM
• Report-in Deadline: 3:30 PM
• Report-in Location: Tournament HQ
• Format: CPR (Catch-Photo-Release) Tournament in which bass are photographed on an approved measuring board, with the Event ID Code on a visible KBF Idenitifier Card in the picture, and uploaded via the TourneyX Pro App
• Event ID Code: a 3-character alpha-numeric code is displayed on the KBF Event ID web page at 7 PM the evening before competition and in the TourneyX Pro App dashboard at the “Event ID Code release time above. Print that code legibly in ink on a KBF Identifier Card. [Printable 8-up PDF] [Info]
• Minimum bass length: 12.00″
• Maximum Number of Fish Remaining on Leader Board: 5 (no limit to the number you can submit; fish with lower scores are automatically replaced by those with larger scores.
– Create a TourneyX Account: [Register for Free Account]
– Download TourneyX Pro App: [Apple] [Android]
– TourneyX FAQ: [TourneyX Help]
– TourneyX Live Leaderboard: [Link]
• KBF Competition Rule Standard: [Rules]
• Waiver & Release Online Form: [Submit Online]
• Withdraw/Refund Request: [Link]
• Dispute Submission: [Link]
• Payout Model: See chart on this page.
• Bonafide Kayaks
• Realtree Fishing
• Dee Zee, The Truck Accessories People
• YakAttack US-made Kayak Gear & Accessories
• Diatract Sense Surge Technology
• FishUSA, America’s Tackle Shop
VENUE HOST — TBD
LODGING: KBF Members save 20% at Red Roof
CONTACTS — Report issues, questions, or early departures to:
Tournament Coordinator: Tom Mullins
Phone: (616) 431-1220
• 100% Payout of Net Entry Fees (gross Entry Fees less TourneyX and PayPal fees)
• 25% of Net Entry Fees Awarded in Big Bass Brawl
• 75% of Net Entry Fees awarded to top 10% in standings
KBF BONUS BUCKS – TRAIL — KBF and KBF Sponsors off cash bonuses to KBF BONUS BUCKS – TRAIL program participants finishing in 1st, 2nd, or 3rd place at each KBF TRAIL Series tournament. See the chart on this page for ll sponsors and qualifying products or conditions. To be eligible, one must register in the KBF BONUS BUCKS – TRAIL program, finish in a top-three spot, and present photos, taken on competition day, to the tournament coordinator of your qualifying product. Those photos must then be emailed or texted to KBF staff for the tournament results post nad for sponsor promotion in social media. See KBF BONUS BUCKS web page for full details.
TRAIL Series Mystery Bass BONUS BUCKS — This special opportunity for KBF BONUS BUCKS–TRAIL participants starts at $50 and grows with each TRAIL Series Tournament until claimed, and then it starts over at $50. To win, one must be in the KBF BONUS BUCKS – TRAIL program and be the first to upload a photo of randomly-chosen score in a randomly-drawn hour, and that photo must still be on the NRS Leader Board at end of competition.
BERKLEY CAST FOR CASH — Competitors in this event are eligible to win $150 or $100 from Berkley. [Details, Rules, and Register]
2020 KBF AOY Points — 2020 KBF Angler of the Year points are awarded to all eligible KBF Members who register for this event.
• Active Participant AOY Points range from a maximum of 600 Points for First Place down to 120, dropping five (5) points with each step down in rank (e.g., 1st 600, 2nd 595, 3rd 590, 4th 585…)
• To be considered an Active Participant, submit at least one photo or use the TourneX Pro App “Check In” function on eligible water.
• Registrants who fail to Check In on the TourneyX Pro App are awarded 60 Registration Points.
QUALIFYING FOR ADVANCEMENT
• 2020 KBF TRAIL Series Regional Final — Top 20%, minimum 20
• 2020 KBF TRAIL Series Championship — Top 10%, minimum 10
• 2021 Dee Zee KBF TENvitational — 1st, 2nd and 3rd Place
• 2021 KBF National Championship — Top 10%, minimum 5
When qualifications for events listed above are percentage-based, numbers are rounded to the nearest 10. For example, at 10%, minimum 5
• 30-54 Registrants (rounds to 50): top 5 places qualify
• 55-64 Registrants (rounds to 60): top 6 places qualify
• 65-74 Registrants (rounds to 70): top 7 places qualifY
• 75-84 Registrants (rounds to 80): top 8 places qualify. etc.
Qualifications do not roll down if awarded to a competitor who has already qualified.
PUBLISHING EVENT RESULTS — Following a 24-hour dispute window, during which scores and judgments may be challenged, results are finalized and posted on the KBF Rosters and Rankings page.
PRIZE PAYOUTS & FORM W-9 — Payments are processed after event results are finalized and all disputes have been resolved, but no sooner then three days after end-of-competition. Each Competitor awarded a cash prize must have an IRS FORM W-9 on file with KBF. [Details and instructions]