- This event has passed.
KBF Redfish Challenge March 2020
FishUSA KBF Redfish Series presented by NRS Fishing, sponsored by NINES
VENUE — Each month from January through October, KBF sets up Redfish Challenges in two divisions—Gulf and Atlantic—where five or more KBF Members may register and compete in online Challenges. In addition, each Division will host one meet-up Tournament.
COMPETITOR ELIGIBILITY — Before registering for and competing in this event, one must have paid his 2020 KBF Ambassador, 2020 KBF Competitor, 2020 KBF Pro, or KBF Lifetime Member Dues. KBF will make reasonable efforts to contact non-members prior to competition to inform them that they are ineligible for prizes and awards unless they pay their KBF Member dues before start-of-competition or upon contact. There are no minium age limits; however all competitors under age 18 must be supervised at all times during competition by either a parent or guardian or by an adult designee.
Questions, Issues, and Disputes involving this event should be referred to:
Amanda Brannon, KBF Redfish Challenge Series Director
- By registering for this event, you agree that you have read, understand, and agree to abide by the terms, conditions, and provisions of the KBF Competition Rules Standard and event-specific rules on this Event Page. KBF Rules are authoritative, taking precedence over all information presented in social media, TMS, oral presentations, and other information sources.
- Entry Fee — $35, which must be paid prior to registration by PayPal account or credit/debit card. (See CASH PRIZES, below, to see how that fee is broken out in payments.)
- Entry Fee Refunds will be issued up to one week prior to event upon request emailed to email@example.com
- To register and pay the Entry Fee: (a.) log into TourneyX, (b.) navigate to the Event Page or click the dashboard’s “Register for Tourney” button and select the event from the drop-down menu, (c.) check a box that indicates agreement with and commitment to abide by all Rules, Competition Terms and Conditions, and terms of the Liability Release and Waiver Agreement, and then (d.) click the “REGISTER” button.
- Waiver & Release Online Form — Each competitor must fill out and submit a Waiver & Release form. [Submit Online]
- Format — 21-day CPR (catch-photo-release) online “virtual” tournament using the TourneyX Tournament Management System.
- Number of Photos Scored — There’s no limit to the number you may submit; fish with lower scores are automatically replaced by those with higher scores. The score of all photos remaining on the NRS Leader Board at end of competition (up to five in this Challenge) are added to give each Competitor’s score.
- Species: Redfish, a.k.a. red drum
- Length of redfish scored — 16.00 to 26.75 inches (See Rule 2:B.)
- Minimum Number of Registrants — At least five (5) KBF Members must register for this event to proceed. If fewer than five register, then all registration fees are refunded in full.
- Event ID Card — An official KBF Identifier Card wtih the proper Event ID Code must appear in each photo submitted for scoring. Use a permanent marker to write the Event ID Code in any field or box on the KBF Identifier Card. Codes are posted on the KBF Website Identifiers page and appear in the TourneyX Pro App dashboard at 6PM the evening before competition. No substitutes. Click to open a PDF file, printable, with 8 KBF Event Cards. [More Information]
- Eligible Water — Digital photos for any KBF Redfish Competition may be submitted only for redfish caught from public-access for which the competitor is legally authorized to fish, and for which he complies with all regulations.
• Atlantic Division starts at Key West, includes all water east of the Florida Keys highway and runs up the eastern seaboard of the US to and including Delaware and Maryland.
• Gulf Division waters are from Key West and the Florida Keys highway west, up the west coast of Florida, around the Gulf states to the southern tip of Texas.
- Launch Points — Put in at sites that comply with KBF’s Definition of Public Access
- Multiple Concurrent State Challenges — Competitors are not restricted to signing up to compete only in one Divisino but may sign up for and compete in both, providing they comply with all regulations for each state in which they fish. Prize winners must be prepared to submit proof of regulatory compliance.
- All disputes of scores & penalties must be submitted using the KBF Dispute & Appeal Web Form.
- Saturday, February 29
• 7:00 p.m.: Event ID Code Released; displays on TourneyX dashboard (browser) and KBF Website.
- Sunday, March 1
• 12:00 a.m.: Deadline to Register for Event
• 12:00 a.m.: Deadline to join KBF and be eligible to compete
• 12:00 a.m.: Start-of-competition; first cast
- Saturday, March 21
• 11:59 p.m.: End-of-competition; lines out; photo upload deadline
• See 2020 KBF Redfish Challenge Payout Chart
• 100% Payout of Net Entry Fees (sum of all Entry Fees less $5 TourneyX and $1.31 PayPal per registrant)
• 25% of Net Entry Fees ($7.50 per registrant) is held back for 2020 KBF Redfish Series Championship
• Remainder is awarded to top 10% in standings.
2020 Challenge Points — 2020 Challenge points are awarded to all eligible KBF Members who register for this event.
• Active Participant Redfish Points range from a maximum of 600 Points for First Place down to 120, dropping five (5) points with each step down in rank (e.g., 1st 600, 2nd 595, 3rd 590, 4th 585…)
• To be considered an Active Participant, submit at least one photo or submit an “Empty Measuring Board” photo that meets all photo requirements (except no fish).
• Registrants who fail to submit a photo are awarded 60 Registration Points.
• 2020 KBF Redfish Series Championship (November, 2020) — Top 10%, minimum 5
If already qualified, this award does not roll down. In addition, all who finish in the top 100 by national KBF Redfish Series Points ranking—many of whom will have already qualified—will also be eligible to compete in the 2020 KBF Redfish Challenge Series Championship.
• 5-54 Registrants (rounds to 10): top 5 place qualifies
• 55-64 Registrants (rounds to 20): top 6 places qualify
• 65-74 Registrants (rounds to 30): top 7 places qualifY
• 75-84 Registrants (rounds to 40): top 8 places qualify. etc.
Qualifications do not roll down if awarded to a competitor who has already qualified.
PUBLISHING EVENT RESULTS — Following a 24-hour dispute window, during which scores and judgments may be challenged, results are finalized and posted on the KBF Rosters and Standings page.
PRIZE PAYOUTS & FORM W-9 — Cash prizes are paid via PayPal Funds Transfer to the email address provided by Competitor during event registration. Payments are processed after event results are finalized and all disputes have been resolved, but no sooner then three days after end-of-competition. Each Competitor awarded a cash prize should have an IRS FORM W-9 on file with KBF. [Details and instructions]