- This event has passed.
2020 KBF Redfish Series Championship
November 7 @ 5:30 am - 2:00 pm CST$100
Realtree Fishing KBF Redfish Series Championship presented by Dee Zee.
COMPETITOR ELIGIBILITY — Before registering for and competing in this event, one must have paid 2020 KBF Ambassador, 2020 KBF Competitor or KBF Lifetime Member Dues. KBF will make reasonable efforts to contact Non-members prior to competition to inform them that they are ineligible for prizes and awards unless they pay their KBF Member dues before start-of-competition or upon contact.https://shopkbf.com/collections/kbf-membership-levels/products/2020-kbf-ambassador-membership
EVENT RULES — By registering for this event, you agree that you have read, understand, and agree to abide by the terms, conditions, and provisions of the KBF Competition Rules Standard and event-specific rules on this Event Page.
EVENT ID CARD — An official KBF Event ID Card with the proper Event ID Code must appear in each photo submitted for scoring. Codes are posted on the KBF Website Identifiers page and appear in the Fishing Chaos Tournament page at 7 PM the evening before competition. No substitutes. Click to open a PDF file, printable, with 8 KBF Event Cards. [More Information]
ELIGIBLE WATER — Roughly a 30-mile distance from Gulf Shores. See the map on this page for specific boundaries.
• Launch—from any public-access launch point contiguous with, though not necessarily directly onto, eligible water.
• Public-access Launches: Anglers are allowed to launch from all publicly-accessible launches.
TOURNAMENT HQ — The Wharf an open air shopping and eating area at the marina in Orange Beach, AL 36561.
The restaurant is called Yo Ho Rum & Tacos and is at the end of The Wharf area. We will be meeting at “Boat Bar.” Competitors will be provided water and soft drinks and tacos on Saturday afternoon, following competition. The restaurant will be open for competitors and their family. There is plenty of open parking all around the area.
EVENT SCHEDULE (All times Central Time Zone)
- Thursday, Nov 5
• Virtual captains meeting streams live on KBF Facebook Page at 7:30 PM [Link]
• Afterwards, view on KBF Website Video Captains Meeting page.
- Friday, Nov 6
• Prefishing Deadline: 1:30 PM
• Event ID Code Released on Fishing Chaos and KBF Website: 7:00 PM
- Saturday, Nov 7
• Registration Deadline: 12:00 AM
• Earliest Launch Time: 5:00 AM
• Competition Starts/Lines In: 5:30 AM
• Sunrise: 6:09 AM
• Competition Ends/Lines Out: 1:30 PM
• Photo Upload Deadline: 2:00 PM
• Awards and Social: 4:00 PM at Yo Ho Rum & Tacos at The Wharf in Orange Beach
• Format: CPR (Catch-Photo-Release) Tournament in which redfish are photographed on an approved measuring board, with the Event ID Code on a visible KBF Identifier Card in the picture, and uploaded via the TMS app.
• Event ID Code: a 3-character alpha-numeric code is displayed on the KBF Event ID web page at 7 PM the evening before competition and in the Fishing Chaos Tournament page at the “Event ID Code release time above. Print that code legibly in ink on a KBF Identifier Card. [Printable 8-up PDF] [Info]
• Slot limit length: 16.00″ – 27.00″
• Maximum Number of Fish Remaining on Leader Board: 5 (no limit to the number you can submit; fish with lower scores are automatically replaced by those with larger scores.
• Fishing Chaos:
– Create a Fishing Chaos Account: [Register for Free Account]
– Download Fishing Chaos App: [Apple] [Android]
– Fishing Chaos Leaderboard: [Link]
• KBF Competition Rule Standard: [Rules]
• Waiver & Release Online Form: [Submit Online]
• Withdraw/Refund Request: [Link]
• Dispute Submission: [Link]
• Payout Model: See chart on this page.
EVENT HOST — Gulf Shores & Orange Beach Sports Commission
CONTACTS — Report issues, questions, or early departures to:
Tournament Director: Amanda Brannon
• 100% Payout of Net Entry Fees (gross Entry Fees less Tournament Management fees, Admin and Payment processing fees)
• Remaining funds awarded as illustrated in the payout chart
QUALIFYING FOR ADVANCEMENT
• Competitors who finish in the top 10 and have fished at least one (1) KBF TRAIL Series Tournament or three (3) KBF State or Regional Challenges (bass) will qualify to compete in the 2021 KBF National Championship.
Note: Qualifications do not roll down if awarded to a competitor who has already qualified.
PUBLISHING EVENT RESULTS — Following a 24-hour dispute window, during which scores and judgments may be challenged, results are finalized and posted on the KBF Rosters and Rankings page.
PRIZE PAYOUTS & FORM W-9 — Payments are processed after event results are finalized and all disputes have been resolved, but no sooner then three days after end-of-competition. Each Competitor awarded a cash prize must have an IRS FORM W-9 on file with KBF. [Details and instructions]