- This event has passed.
Black (Bass) Friday 2017 KBF Challenge
November 24, 2017 - November 26, 2017$21
Black (Bass) Friday Challenge Rankings & Rewards
These results are final, following the 48-hour protest window, which closed at 7PM MST Tuesday, November 28. If you notice inaccuracies, and omissions, feel free to bring them to the attention of the tournament director or KBF Management. Errors submitted after the protest period closes will help us provide coaching and feedback to judges and improve processes but will not affect tournament results.
KBF Event Rules Addendum
Kayak Bass Fishing’s 2017 Challenge Series is sponsored by Torqeedo and Strike King. Below are competition details and rules specific to this event.
Precedence Statement: Information about this event on TourneyX and Facebook is for promotion and orientation purposes only, and information on this page takes precedence. This event will be conducted according to the rules, terms, conditions and details specified on the KBF Event Rules Addendum (below) and on the KBF Competition Rules Standards.
- Dates: Friday, November 24 (Black Friday) through Sunday, November 26, 2017
- Tournament Director: Joe Haubenreich
- Eligibility: KBF Membership is required (2017 KBF Annual Membership or KBF Lifetime Membership)
- Venue: Nationwide, across both the U.S. and Canada
- Eligible Water & Location: Competitors may fish ONLY on public-access water in the contiguous 48 U.S. states or Canada where fishing is permitted by regulation and bass are in-season.
- Species: All black bass species and varieties
- Format: This is a 3-day (64-hour, around-the-clock) CPR tournament where the combined length of up to five (5) bass will contribute to each competitor’s score
- Competition Rules:By registering, each competitor acknowledges he has read and agrees to abide by the following two documents:
- The “KBF Competition Rules Standards,” including a “Release and Indemnification Agreement” and a “Copyright and Use of Images Agreement”).
- The specific rules and restrictions outlined in this “KBF Competition Rules Addendum.”
- Event Schedule
- Thursday, 11/23 (Thanksgiving Day), 7 PM CDT: Event ID Code released; visible in TourneyX dashboard.
- Friday, 11/24, 12:15 AM CDT (morning of competition) Deadline for Registration on TourneyX (That’s 1:15 AM 11/24 EDT / 11:15 PM 11/23 MDT / 10:15 PM 11/23 PDT
- Friday, 11/24, 6 AM EDT / 5 AM CDT / 4 AM MDT / 3 AM PDT start of competition
- Sunday 11/26, 8 PM EDT / 7 PM CDT / 6 PM MDT / 5 PM PDT end of competition/photo submission deadline
- Entry Fee and Procedures—This event is conducted using the TourneyX Tournament Management System
- Sign up and pay your $21 Entry Fee the KBF Event Registration Page (under construction).
- Entry Fee Refunds—Not available.
- Every photo must include a legible KBF Identifier Form.
- At the time indicated above, a 2-character Event ID Code will appear in each competitor’s TourneyX Dashboard. Print that code in the Bottom-Right field.
- Each KBF Identifier Form has six blocks or “fields,” permitting one Form to serve for up to six concurrent events. If you are already using a KBF Identifier Form for another KBF Challenge or a KBF Tournament, you may use it for this one as well by printing each Unique Event ID Code in it’s specified field.
- Rankings will be determined by the cumulative score of each competitor’s five (5) bass caught in accordance with the KBF Competition Rules for this event and on the LOWRANCE Leader Board at the end of competition.
- The Event Prize Purse is the total of all Entry Fees paid, less $6 from each that is applied to credit card transaction fees, application user fees, and administration fees, the balance being set aside for 100 Challenge Championship. Since the Entry Fee is $21, then the Prize Purse will be the number of registrants multiplied by $15.
- Cash Payout — one cash prize is paid for every ten registrants. (For 10-19 registrants, one place pays. For 20-29, two places pay. For 30-39, three places pay, etc.)
- KBF 2017 Angler of the Year (“AOY”) Points
- AOY points will be awarded to all Active Participants in this event, from a maximum of 100 Points down to 20 in increments of no more than three (3). KBF AOY points from this event will be categorized as “Challenges” Points on the KBF AOY Points chart.
- To be considered an Active Competitor, one must upload a photo of a bass that meets scoring standards or, if none were caught, a photo that meets all photo requirements except that the Hawg Trough is empty, with a score submitted as 0.00″ (Note: we recommend you take such a photo and upload it at start-of-competition time to not only ensure you qualify for the minimum Participation Points but also that you have your Hawg Trough, Identifier Form, and a working camera and are able to upload photos.)
- Registrants who do not compete, or who fail to upload the required “0.00-score” photo of an empty Hawg Trough, will be awarded 10 Registration Points.
- KBF National Championship Qualifying Slots will be awarded to one or more competitors. One slot for 10-19 Competitors. Two slots for 20-39, three for 40-59, four for 60-79, etc. If a KBF-NC slot is awarded to a competitor who has previously qualified, then the slot rolls down to the highest-ranking alternate who has not yet qualified.
- BONUS BUCKS: In addition to cash prizes, three bonuses of $150, $100, and $50 will be awarded to 2017 KBF BONUS BUCKS Program participants if they take First, Second, and Third places in competition. (For example, if First Place is taken by a competitor who is in KBF-BB, he gets $150 on top of his other winnings.) Note: To be eligible to win a bonus, the KBF-BB participant must have enrolled in the program by start of competition and achieve a top-three finish.
- Cash Distributions are made after winners have provided a copy to KBF of their IRS W-9 form. Funds will sent to the winners by PayPal Funds Transfer. If a prize or bonus recipient does not have a PayPal account, he may request that KBF mail a company check to the address on his IRS Form W-9. Winners are responsible for payment of all state and federal income taxes. [Open a printable Form W-9 .]