- This event has passed.
BRD KBFNC Qualifier – Swartswood Lake NJ
August 4, 2018 @ 5:00 am - 7:00 pm EDT$60
THIS IS NOT A KBF TRAIL Series Tournament. No KBF AOY Points. No BONUS BUCKS. NO KBF TRAIL Championship qualifications. KBF is providing qualifying positions to promote participation in this Event, which was organized by BRD Jet and is sponsored by BRD Jet, BRD-W, Bonafide Kayaks, and YakAttack.
Event organizers have a goal of raising $2,000 for Heroes on the Water, the Ike Foundation, and other worthy causes if possible. 100% of Entry Fees (less TourneyX $5 per person and PayPal transaction fees) go to the prize pool. First Place pays out a guaranteed $1,000 minimum when registrations exceed 30. Opportunities to donate or participate in optional raffles to raise money for the charities will be available at the event.
Three days of fun for everyone and a chance on Saturday to qualify for the 2019 KBF National Championship. Pre-fishing on Friday with the KBF qualifier tournament on Saturday and the Barbie Rod Division competition will take place Sunday. For camping reservations and full details of the event visit us at www.brdfishing.org or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Our great sponsors will have the new Bonafide SS-127 Kayak on display to demo and a chance to win it along with amazing YakAttack raffle giveaways and goodies in the Captain Bags. BRD is finalizing prizes, sponsors and cash payouts so check back soon for updated details. Camping reservations can be booked through Swartswood NJ State Park. We will be updating all details of this upcoming event by July 15th, 2018. Event dates are August 3,4,5th 2018. KBF
BRD BONUS: Two Bonafide Kayaks, an SS127 and an SS107, will be available as loaners for the three days of this event (Fri-Sun). To be considered, email BRD at email@example.com no later than July 31 and explain in 50+ words why you should be chosen. Two competitors will be be selected by August 1, 2018 to use the Bonafide kayaks.
- Venue: Swartswood Lake NJ
- Organizer: BRD Fishing (www.brdfishing.org)
- Host Kayak Club: North Jersey Kayak Bass Fishing Club
- Tournament Director: Larry Butler
Phone: 800-845-0119 ext 117
- Format: 1-day CPR tournament using the TourneyX Tournament Management System
- Competition Rules & Conditions of Participation: By registering, Competitor affirms that he has read, understands, and as a condition of participation in the Event agrees to abide by KBF Competition Rules, which are in two parts:
- The “KBF Competition Rules Standards,” including a “Release and Indemnification Agreement” and a “Copyright and Use of Images Agreement.”
- The specific rules and restrictions outlined in this “KBF Event Rules Addendum.”
- Maximum number of fish contributing to competitor’s score (on Leader Board): 5
- Minimum length of bass scored: 8 inches
- KBF Rules are authoritative, taking precedence over all information presented in social media, TMS, oral presentations, and other information sources.
- NOTE: This event takes place in Louisiana and Texas. Each competitor must have an acceptable fishing license for the waters in which he fishes.
- All kayak bass anglers are welcome to sign up and compete in this Event. KBF Membership is not required to compete for cash prizes.
- Only 2018 KBF Annual Members and KBF Lifetime Membership who paid their dues by midnight on the day before start-of-competition are eligible to qualify for the 2019 KBF National Championship.
- [Membership Info]
- Registration, Entry Fee and Procedures
- Entry Fee: $60
- No cash will be accepted at the event. All Entry Fees must be paid before Registration Deadline through TourneyX with PayPal account debit or by check/debit card.
- To register and pay the Entry Fee: (a.) log into TourneyX, (b.) navigate to the Event Page or click the dashboard’s “Register for Tourney” button and select the event from the drop-down menu, (c.) check a box that indicates agreement with and commitment to abide by all Rules, Competition Terms and Conditions, and terms of the Liability Release and Waiver Agreement and then (d.) click the “REGISTER” button.
- Entry Fee includes a $5 per-person TourneyX user fee and PayPal Transaction Fee of 2.9% plus 30¢.
- Remainder of Entry Fee goes into the Event Prize Fund, which is distributed as cash prizes by rank. No big bass side pot for this tournament.
- Event ID Code
- At the time shown below, an Identifier Card with Event ID Code will appear in each competitor’s TourneyX Dashboard. Print that formatted card for use in competition, or write the Event ID Code on a blank KBF Identifier Card.
- For this tournament, the KBF Identifier Card will be used so that competitor may also use it in concurrent KBF events (e.g., August KBF State Challenge). Each Identifier Card has six boxes or “fields,” permitting one Card to serve for up to six concurrent events. Preprint a sheet of 8 identifier blank cards by clicking this link: [KBF Identifier Forms PDF].
- Using a permanent marker, write the Event ID Code in the Top-Right field (Box B) of a printed KBF Identifier Card.
- If the field specified for this Event is already occupied, write the Event ID Code in an adjacent box.
- Eligible Water: Swartswood Lake and all tributaries, sloughs, creeks, and canals in both Texas and Louisiana contiguous with the river as far a the first impassable barrier. (See KBF Competition Rules Standard for more information.)
- Boundaries: All of the lake, plus and tributaries, sloughs, channels up/down which one may paddle/float a kayak.
- Launch sites: Any of the five public launch sites on the lake.
- Tournament HQ: A hospitality tent will be erected by the water at one of the launch sites in the State Park, exact location TBD. Identifier Cards will be available only at Tournament HQ, as early as the Captains Meeting on Saturday, 4:30 a.m.
- Captains Meeting: Saturday morning, 4:30 a.m. at the Hospitality Tent, Tournament HQ
- Species: Black bass, all species
- Event Schedule: Note: all times are Eastern Time Zone (EDT) Times will be posted for, Friday, Saturday & Sunday by 8/2/18,
• 9:00 p.m.: Prefish deadline (1/2 hour after sunset)
• 7:00 p.m.: Angler Get Together at Tournament HQ
• 4:30 a.m.: Captains Meeting and Identifier Card distribution at Tournament HQ, with launch immediately following
• 5:00 a.m.: start-of-competion/first cast
• 12:00 p.m. (noon): Lines out/mid-day break. No lures in the water until end of break period.
• 1:00 p.m. – 3:00 p.m.: Mid-day break; Food, Fun & Fish Tales, with the Bonafide SS 127 & SS 107 will be available to Demo, Come check out the Bonafide SS Series by the Hospitality Tent/Tournament HQ
• 3:00 p.m.: Resume competition
• 7:00 p.m.: End of competition/Lines out. Dogs and drinks available at Hospitality Tent, Tournament HQ
• 7:30 p.m.: Check-in Deadline, with rewards presentations immediately following
- Sunday BRD Barbie Rod Division $25.00 Charity Event; YETI, Rod & Reel Combo & Cash Pay Out
- Scores and Ranking:
- The combined length of the five (5) bass caught during competition hours will contribute to each Competitor’s score.
- Event ranking is determined by the total score (length) for any photo(s) beside each Competitor’s name on the Leader Board when judging and verification is complete.
- Cash Prizes:
- First Place $1,000 is guaranteed 30+ Registrants. Prize Payout Chart will be posted here when available.
- Cash prizes are rounded to the nearest dollar.
- One cash prize is paid for every ten registrants. (For 30-39 Competitors three places pay. Four places pay for 40-49, five for 50-59, etc.).
- 2019 KBF National Championship Qualification: Awarded to top 10% of field, rounded to the nearest 10, no minimums. Must be KBF Member prior to day of competition to qualify. If recipient has previously qualified, the award does not roll down.
- 4-14 Registrants (rounds to 10): 1st place qualifies
- 15-24 Registrants (rounds to 20): top 2 places qualify
- 25-34 Registrants (rounds to 30): top 3 places qualify
- 35-44 Registrants (rounds to 40): top 4 places qualify (etc.)
- Reward Distributions: Cash prizes are distributed via PayPal Funds Transfer using the email address provided by Competitor during event registration. Competitors who win $600 or more, cumulative, during 2018 are required to provide BRD Jet with a completed, signed, and dated IRS FORM W-9. BRD uses information from the W-9 to prepare an IRS 1099 form, a copy of which is sent to the IRS, and another provided to Competitor in January for income tax return preparation. Prize distribution will follow receipt by KBF of Competitor’s IRS Form W-9.