- This event has passed.
Costa See What’s Out There KBF Challenge
March 18, 2017 @ 7:00 am - March 19, 2017 @ 4:00 pm CDT
Let’s see what you’ve got this year. And while you’re at it, let’s see how ready TourneyX is to handle the workload planned for March 21-April 1 on Kentucky Lake.
You might consider the Costa See What’s Out There KBF Challenge a shakedown cruise before the KBF National Championship. Test your equipment. Sharpen your skills. Get in some TourneyX practice. And while you’re at it, try for a slot in the 2018 $100,000 KBF National Championship. Three winners nationwide will be awarded their choice of Costa sunglasses to give them an edge on the water.
Costa See What’s Out There KBF Challenge Rules Addendum
- Dates: Saturday, March 18, 7:00 a.m. to Sunday, March 19, 4:00 p.m. CDT
- Tournament Director: Chad Hoover
- Eligibility: KBF Membership is NOT required; open to all registrants
- Venue: Nationwide
- Eligible Water & Location: Competitors may fish ONLY on public-access water in the contiguous 48 U.S. states or Canada where fishing is permitted by regulation and bass are in-season.
- Species: All Black bass species
- Format: This is a 2-day CPR tournament where the combined length of up to five (5) bass will contribute to each competitor’s score
- Competition Rules:By registering, each competitor acknowledges he has read and agrees to abide by the following two documents:
- The “KBF Competition Rules Standards,” including a “Release and Indemnification Agreement” and a “Copyright and Use of Images Agreement”).
- The specific rules and restrictions outlined in this “KBF Competition Rules Addendum.”.
- Event Schedule (all times are Central Daylight Time)
- Friday, 3/17, 8:00 p.m.: A KBF Identifier Form with a 3-letter Unique Event ID Code in the bottom-left box will appear in your TourneyX Dashboard.
- Saturday, 3/18, 7:00 a.m.: Registration Deadline
- Saturday, 3/18, 7:00 a.m.: Competition start time
- Sunday 3/196, 4:00 p.m.: Competition End Date and Time, and photo submission cut-off
- Entry Fee and Procedures
- This event is conducted using the TourneyX Tournament Management System
- Sign up on TourneyX
- Entry Fee Refunds—Not applicable; Entry Fee is free.
- Every photo must include a legible KBF Identifier Form with the 3-letter Event ID Code in the bottom-left box.
- At the time indicated above, a Unique Event ID Code will appear in each competitor’s TourneyX Dashboard. Print that code in the Bottom-Right field.
- This Challenge is open to all kayak bass anglers from all 48 contiguous US states. The average and maximum lengths of bass vary significantly across that expanse. The raw scores (that is, the actual total length of all fish beside each Competitor’s name on the Leader Board at the conclusion of judging) will be multiplied by an adjustment factor that was derived from the average lengths of bass submitted by KBF event competitors from each state.
- Nationwide rankings will be determined by the cumulative KBF Regional Adjustment Process score of each competitor’s five (5) longest bass caught in accordance with the KBF Competition Rules for this event.
- Adjusted rankings and tournament results will be posted on this page after the results have been verified by judges and director.
- Awards: A Costa sunglasses coupon for up to $250 will be awarded to the top three finishers nationwide, with KBF Regional Adjustment Process scoring.
- KBF National Championship Qualifying Slots will be awarded to the top finisher in each state. If a KBF-NC slot is awarded to a competitor who has previously qualified, then the slot rolls down to the highest-ranking alternate who has not yet qualified.
- Cash Prizes: None.
- KBF 2017 Angler of the Year (“AOY”) Points: None
- BONUS BUCKS: None