- This event has passed.
KBF Columbus Day Regional Challenge October 2020
October 9, 2020 - October 12, 2020$35
FishUSA KBF Challenge Series presented by NRS Fishing
VENUE — Nationwide, United States and Canada, divided by regions. (Note: Canada will be grouped with Central Region.)
- NORTHEAST: Eastern Daylight Time (EDT) is the standard for the Northeast Region, which includes ME, VT, NH, CT, MA, MD, VA, WV, PA, NY, NJ, OH, DE, RI. [Register for Northeast Region on TourneyX.]
- SOUTHEAST: Eastern Daylight Time (EDT) is the standard for the Southeast Region, which includes AR, LA, MS, AL, GA, SC, NC, TN. [Register for Southeast Region on TourneyX.]
- CENTRAL: Central Daylight Time (CDT) is the standard for the Central Region, which includes all of Canada plus ND, SD, MN, WI, MI, IN, IL, IA, NE, KS, OK, MO, KY. [Register for Central Region on TourneyX.]
- TX-FL: Eastern Daylight Time (EDT) is the standard for the Texas-Florida Region. [Register for TX-FL Region on TourneyX.]
- WEST: Pacific Daylight Time (PDT) is the standard for the West Region, which includes CA, OR, WA, ID, MT, UT, NV, WY, CO, NM, AZ. [Register for West Region on TourneyX.]
COMPETITION DATES — Friday October 9th – Monday October 12th
COMPETITOR ELIGIBILITY — Before registering for and competing in this event, one must have paid his 2020 KBF Ambassador, 2020 KBF Competitor, or KBF Lifetime Member Dues. KBF will make reasonable efforts to contact non-members prior to competition to inform them that they are ineligible for prizes and awards unless they pay their KBF Member dues before start-of-competition or upon contact. There are no minimum age limits; however, all competitors must comply with state age restrictions, and those under age 18 must be supervised at all times during competition by either a parent or guardian or by an adult designee.
- By registering for this event, you agree that you have read, understand, and agree to abide by the terms, conditions, and provisions of the KBF Competition Rules Standard and event-specific rules on this Event Page. KBF Rules are authoritative, taking precedence over all information presented in social media, TMS, oral presentations, and other information sources.
- Entry Fee — $35, which must be paid during event registration by PayPal account or credit/debit card.
- Entry Fee Refunds will be approved upon submission of a Withdraw & Refund Request up to twenty-four hours before Start of Competition.
- To register and pay the Entry Fee: (a.) log into TourneyX, (b.) navigate to the Event Page or click the dashboard’s “Register for Tourney” button and select the event from the drop-down menu, (c.) check a box that indicates agreement with and commitment to abide by all Rules, Competition Terms and Conditions, and terms of the Liability Release and Waiver Agreement, and then (d.) click the “REGISTER” button.
- Waiver & Release Online Form — Each competitor must fill out and submit a Waiver & Release form. [Submit Online]
- Format — 3 day CPR (catch-photo-release) online “virtual” tournament using the TourneyX Tournament Management System in which the combined score of up to five (5) bass photos will comprise each Competitor’s score.
- Competition Hours — Friday 12:00 a.m. – Sunday 11:59 p.m. Note that competition times are for the predominant time zone for each region, regardless of the time zone where the competitor may be fishing.
- Number of Photos Scored — There’s no limit to the number you may submit; fish with lower scores are automatically replaced by those with higher scores. The score of all photos remaining on the NRS Leader Board at end of competition (up to five in this event) are added to give each Competitor’s score.
- Minimum length of bass scored — 12 inches
- Minimum Number of Registrants — At least five (5) KBF Members must register for this event to proceed. If fewer than five register, then the Challenge will be cancelled, and all Entry Fees will be refunded in full.
- KBF Identifier Card — An official KBF Identifier Card with the proper 3-character Event ID Code must appear in each photo submitted for scoring. Use a permanent marker to write the Event ID Code in any field or box on the KBF Identifier Card. Codes are posted on the KBF Website Identifiers page and appear in the TourneyX Pro App dashboard at 7PM the night before competition. No substitutes. Click to open a PDF file, printable, with 8 KBF Event Cards. [More Information]
- Eligible Water — Digital photos for any KBF State Challenge may be submitted only for bass caught from public-access waters for which the competitor is legally authorized to fish, and for which he complies with all regulations. Competitors in multi-state or multi-province groups may submit bass caught in either/any of the combined states or provinces, providing they comply with all regulations (e.g., have a valid fishing license, meet boat permit requirements) for the water in which they fish.
- Launch Points — Put in at sites that comply with KBF’s Definition of Public Access
- Multiple Concurrent State Challenges — Competitors are permitted to fish multiple Regional Challenges in the same month, either a body of water in one region on Friday night and another in a different region the second night, OR both regions on the same night if fishing boundary water with reciprocal license agreements that borders them. It is, therefore, possible to fish four regions in two nights if one fishes two bordering Regions on Friday night and two different Regions on Saturday. One may NOT fish the same body of water on both nights.
- Bordering States’ Reciprocal Fishing License Agreements — On some state boundary waters, a reciprocal licensing agreement between the bordering states allows anglers with valid fishing licenses issued by one state to legally fish specific waters through which the border passes and sometimes in water well within the neighboring state’s borders. A competitor catching a bass in water covered by such an agreement may submit the same photo of that bass in two Regional Challenges, assuming he registered for both. For example, the boundary between Louisiana and Texas runs down through Toledo Bend Reservoir. Those two states’ reciprocal license agreement permits Texas and Louisiana residents with a valid fishing license issued by either state to fish from a boat anywhere on Toledo Bend. Therefore, a Competitor fishing the Southeast Region KBF One Night Stand Challenge may submit photos of bass caught in Texas areas of the lake and vice versa. The same photo may also be eligible for submission to other concurrent club events, KBF Challenges and KBF TRAIL Series tournaments, if permitted by the rules for those other events. Be sure to read reciprocal agreement regulations carefully; they vary state-to-state. Some pertain only to residents, while others to all license holders, both residents and non-residents.
EVENT SCHEDULE — All times below are the predominant time zone for the region (EDT for Northeast, Southeast and FL/TX, CDT for Central, and PDT for West)
Thursday, October 8th
• 7:00 p.m.: Event ID Code Released; displays on TourneyX dashboard (browser) and KBF Website.
Friday, October 9th
• 12:00 a.m.: Registration deadline.
• 12:00 a.m.: Start-of-competition; first cast
Monday, October 12th
• 11:59 p.m.: End-of-competition; lines out; photo upload deadline
CONTACTS — Report issues or questions to:
Series Director: Amanda Brannon
• See 2020 KBF Challenge Payout Chart
• TourneyX fee — $5 per registrant
• PayPal fee — $1.31 per registrant
• Admin fee — $1.50
• Championship Hold-back — $7.50 per registrant
• Big Bass Prize — a portion of each Entry Fee goes toward a Big Bass prize, ranging from $20 to $50.
• Balance is awarded to competitors who finish in the top 10% in standings.
• Challenge ranking ties are broken by highest-scoring photo.
• Big Bass ties are broken by earliest photo upload time stamp.
DISPUTES — Disputes of judges’ scores, penalties, and other acts affecting a competitor’s standings and rewards must be submitted (a.) using the Online Form and (b.) within 24 hours of end-of-competition.
2020 CHALLENGE POINTS — 2020 Challenge points are awarded to all eligible KBF Members who register for this event.
• Active Participant Challenge Points range from a maximum of 600 Points for First Place down to 120, dropping five (5) points with each step down in rank (e.g., 1st 600, 2nd 595, 3rd 590, 4th 585…)
• To be considered an Active Participant, submit at least one photo or submit an “Empty Measuring Board” photo (no fish on measuring board) that meets all photo requirements with a score of 0.01″.
• Registrants who fail to submit a photo are awarded 60 Registration Points.
• 2021 KBF Challenge SeriesChampionship (Oct 7-9, 2021, Shreveport-Bossier City, LA) — Top 25%, minimum 1
• 2021 Dee Zee KBF TENvitational (Jan 28-29, 2021, Kissimmee Chain, FL) — 1st Place
• 2021 KBF National Championship (Oct 7-9, 2021, Shreveport-Bossier City, LA)) — Top 25%, minimum 1
Qualifications do not roll down if awarded to a competitor who has already qualified.
PUBLISHING EVENT RESULTS — Following a 24-hour dispute window, during which scores and judgments may be challenged, results are finalized, approved by KBF Management, and then posted on the KBF Rosters and Standings page.
PRIZE PAYOUTS & FORM W-9 — Cash prizes are paid via PayPal Funds Transfer to the email address provided by Competitor during event registration. Payments are processed after event results are finalized and all disputes have been resolved, but no sooner then three days after end-of-competition. Each Competitor awarded a cash prize should have an IRS FORM W-9 on file with KBF. [Details and instructions]