« All Events
KBF Redfish Challenge April 2019
April 1, 2019 - April 30, 2019 $50
Event Rules Addendum
- Venue: Each month from January through October, KBF sets up Redfish Challenges in two divisions—Gulf and Atlantic—where five or more KBF Members may register and compete.
- Questions, Issues, and Disputes involving this event should be referred to:
Amanda Brannon, Redfish Challenge Series Director
- Format: 1-month, 3-redfish, CPR (catch-photo-release) online “virtual” tournament using the TourneyX Tournament Management System
- Concurrent KBF Event: Redfish Challenges are conducted for both Atlantic and Gulf Divisions. KBF Members are permitted to compete in both, if they wish.
- Competition Rules & Conditions of Participation: By registering, Competitor affirms that he has read, understands, and as a condition of event participation agrees to abide by KBF Competition Rules, which are in two parts:
- The “KBF Competition Rules Standards,” including a “Release and Indemnification Agreement” and a “Copyright and Use of Images Agreement.”
- The specific rules and restrictions outlined in this “KBF Event Rules Addendum.”
- KBF Rules are authoritative, taking precedence over all information presented in social media, TMS, oral presentations, and other information sources.
- Minimum Registration Threshold for this event to take place is five (5) KBF Members.
- KBF Member-only Event. Eligibility to register for this Challenge and compete for cash prizes, KBF Challenge Points, and championship qualification is limited to 2019 KBF Competition Members, 2019 KBF AmBASSador Members and KBF Lifetime Members who pay their dues by 12:00 CDT (Central Time) on the first day of competition. [Membership Info] [Join KBF]
- Multiple Concurrent State Challenges: Competitors sign up to compete in one of both divisions if they wish, providing they have valid fishing licenses and/or comply with all regulations for each state in whose waters they fish. Prize winners must be prepared to submit proof of regulatory compliance.
- Registration, Entry Fee and Procedures
- Entry Fee: $50
- Prior to the Registration Deadline, Entry Fee must be paid by PayPal account, debit or credit card.
- To register and pay the Entry Fee: (a.) log into TourneyX, (b.) navigate to the Event Page or click the dashboard’s “Register for Tourney” button and select the event from the drop-down menu, (c.) check a box that indicates agreement with and commitment to abide by all Rules, Competition Terms and Conditions, and terms of the Liability Release and Waiver Agreement, and then (d.) click the “REGISTER” button.
- Entry Fee includes a $5 TourneyX user fee and a $5 administrative fee that covers judging costs, event management, and the PayPal Transaction Fee of 2.9% plus 30¢.
- $10 goes to the KBF Redfish Challenge Championship prize pot, which is distributed as cash prizes in that October event.
- The remaining $30 of Entry Fee is distributed as cash prizes by rank. In each Challenge, from $25 to $50 is awarded as the Challenge Big Bass Prize.
- Entry Fee Refunds will be issued up to one week prior to event upon request emailed to email@example.com
- Event ID Code
- At the time shown below, a 2019 KBF Identifier Card with an Event ID Code will appear in Competitor’s TourneyX Dashboard. Print it for use in competition, or write the Event ID Code on a blank KBF Identifier Card.
- Each KBF Identifier Card has six boxes or “fields,” permitting one Card to serve for up to six concurrent events. Preprint a sheet of 8 blank 2019 KBF Identifier Cards by clicking this link: [KBF Identifier Forms PDF].
- Using a permanent marker, write the Event ID Code in any field or box on the KBF Identifier Card.
- Eligible Water:
- Digital photos for any KBF State Challenge may be submitted only for redfish caught from public-access waters for which the competitor is legally authorized to fish, and for which he complies with all regulations.
- Atlantic Division starts at Key West, includes all water east of the Florida Keys highway and runs up the eastern seaboard of the US to and including Delaware and Maryland.
- Gulf Division waters are from Key West and the Florida Keys highway west, up the west coast of Florida, around the Gulf states to the southern tip of Texas.
- Launch Points: Sites that comply with KBF’s Definition of Public Access
- Captains Meeting: View pre-recorded information in a Virtual Captains Meeting on YouTube.
- Species: Redfish, a.k.a. red drum
- Event Schedule — All times below are Eastern time zone for the Atlantic Division and Central Time Zone for the Gulf division.
- Sunday, March 31
• 7:00 p.m.: Event ID Code Released; displays on TourneyX dashboard (browser) and KBF Website.
- Monday, April 1
• 12:00 a.m.: Deadline to Register for Event
• 12:00 a.m.: Deadline to join KBF and be eligible to compete
• 12:00 a.m.: Start-of-competition; first cast
- Tuesday, April 30
• 11:59 p.m.: End-of-competition; lines out; photo upload deadline
- Scores and Ranking: Event ranking is determined by the total score (length, adjusted by penalties for infractions, if applicable) for up to three photos that remain beside Competitor’s name on the NRS Leader Board after Event judging and verification is complete.
- Cash Prizes:
- 10% of field pays out, with numbers of places and amounts varying with number of registrants.
- For 5-9 Competitors one places pays, 10-19 two places, three for 20-29, etc.
- Open KBF Redfish Challenge Series Payout Chart.
- Sponsor Awards: To first place in each division, NINES Optics is awarding a Gift Certificate valued up to $160, redeemable for one pair of NINES sunglasses at FishUSA.
- Mystery Fish Competition: Using a “Mystery Fish” length generated at random each month, a $25 KBF Gift Certificate will be awarded to the competitor in each KBF Redfish Challenge Division who has a redfish of, or closest to, the mystery fish length by his name on the NRS Leader Board at end-of-competition. Ties are broken by earliest photo upload.
- 2019 KBF Challenge Points: Maximum 600, minimum 60 Registration Points, 120 Participation Points (at least one photo submitted, even if of a blank measuring board with identifier card).
- 2019 KBF Redfish Challenge Championship Qualification: Top 10% (minimum top 10 at each Challenge) qualify to compete in the November/December 2019 KBF Redfish Challenge Championship. If already qualified, this award does not roll down. In addition, all who finish in the top 100 by national KBF Redfish Challenge Points ranking—many of whom will have already qualified—will also be eligible to compete in the 2019 KBF Redfish Challenge Series Championship.
- Reward Distributions: a 24-hour Dispute Period commences when Event judging and review are complete and the Tournament Director announces preliminary results. When all disputes have been resolved, no sooner than 24 hours later, prizes, Challenge Points and KBFNC and Challenge Championship qualifications are finalized and posted on this page. Cash prizes are then distributed via PayPal Funds Transfer using the email address provided by Competitor during event registration. If KBF requires that a Competitor provide an IRS FORM W-9, prize distribution to that Competitor will occur after the completed, signed and dated form is received.