FLW/KBF Open – Nickajack Lake
- Two days: Saturday, May 4 & Sunday, May 5, 2019, in conjunction with the May 2-5, 2019, FLW Tour stop on Lake Chickamauga
- Nickajack Lake, near Chattanooga, Tennessee
- Hosted by Fish Dayton and Fish Lake Chickamauga
- Full field competes both days
- Top 100 in rank qualify to for the August 9-10 FLW/KBF Cup in Hot Springs, AR.
- Top 20 get Entry Fees waived for that FLW/KBF Cup tournament.
- 2020 KBF National Championship Qualifications will be awarded to KBF Members in the top 10% of field, minimum five.
- Entry Fee: $200 per person (one per watercraft), 25% of proceeds rolling over to the FLW/KBF Cup
- Competitors must be:
– 2019 FLW Competitor Member OR
– KBF Pro Tour Registrant* (Includes FLW Competitor Membership)
- Competitors must be 18 years of age or older.
*KBF Pro Tour registration includes 2019 FLW Competitor Membership
NOTE: FLW Competitor Membership included in KBF Pro Tour Registration
FLW/KBF Cup – Hot Springs, AR
- Two days: Friday, August 9 and Saturday, August 10, 2019
- Location: A lake to be determined near Hot Springs, Arkansas in conjunction with the Aug 8-11 FLW Cup on Lake Hamilton.
- Entry Fee: $500 per person (one per watercraft)
- Eligibility: Required to register and compete:
– FLW Competitor Membership (included in KBF Pro Tour Registration) OR
– KBF Pro Tour Registration (Includes FLW Competitor Membership)
- Members must be 18 years of age or older to register and compete.
- Qualification: By invitation only; qualification through:
– 2019 FLW/KBF Open top 100 (top 20 win free entry)
– 2019 KBF National Championship top 100 (top 10 win free entry)
– Top 10 from each KBF TRAIL Series Tournament through July 31, 2019
– KBF Pro Tour top 50 in 2019 KBF AOY ranking through July 31, 2019
- Entry fee: $500 (free for top 20 from the 2019 FLW/KBF Open on Nickajack Lake)
- Register on TourneyX:2019 FLW/KBF Cup Hot Springs
- Event details & Rules: kayakbassfishing.com/event
NOTE: FLW Competitor Membership included in KBF Pro Tour Registration
FLW – KBF Joining Forces
Propelling Professional Kayak Fishing into the National Spotlight
Press Release, March 11, 2019 – Fishing League Worldwide (FLW), the world’s largest tournament-fishing organization, announced today that it has partnered with Kayak Bass Fishing, LLC, (KBF) the nation’s foremost organization supporting kayak bass anglers, to hold two kayak bass fishing tournaments in 2019. Terms of the agreement were not disclosed.
The two events will be held in conjunction with FLW Tour events – the FLW Tour at Lake Chickamauga and the FLW Cup at Lake Hamilton – on nearby fisheries to offer kayak anglers and tour pros separate fisheries for competition. KBF will manage operation of the two events, and the winners will be recognized on the FLW Tour stage and featured in FLW’s media outlets.
“Kayak fishing has become incredibly popular in recent years and continues to grow,” said Dave Washburn, FLW Vice President of Operations. “We are excited to work with KBF as the kayak-fishing community leader to elevate the sport to new highs with tournaments offering over 100 percent payouts through the course of the season and the biggest media platform available to kayak anglers.”
The first event, the FLW/KBF Open, will be hosted by Fish Dayton and Fish Lake Chickamauga May 4-5, 2019, on Nickajack Lake. Entry fee for the event is $200 per kayak, and the top 100 anglers will qualify to compete in the second event, the FLW/KBF Cup in Hot Springs, Arkansas. Of these 100 qualifiers, the top 20 receive free entry. All other qualifiers pay a $500 entry fee. The FLW/KBF Cup will be held Aug. 8-10, 2019 (kayak competition August 8–9 only), on a lake to be announced in conjunction with the Aug 9-11 FLW Cup on Lake Hamilton.
“We are excited to partner with FLW to take competitive kayak fishing to the next level and offer better exposure to our top anglers and their accomplishments,” said Chad Hoover, KBF President.
Anglers can register for the FLW/KBF Open at KayakBassFishing.com/flw. Watch for additional details on both KayakBassFishing.com/flw and FLWFishing.com/kayak.
KBF was formed in 2009 to offer kayak anglers the opportunity to compete for hundreds of thousands of dollars in cash and prizes at premier fisheries around the country. Currently in its seventh season for live events, KBF offers more than 25 professional-level bass-fishing tournaments to kayak anglers. For complete KBF details, schedules and updated information, visit KayakBassFishing.com.
For complete details and updated information about FLW, visit FLWFishing.com. For regular updates, photos, tournament news and more, follow FLW’s social media outlets at Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and YouTube.
FLW is the world’s largest tournament-fishing organization, providing anglers of all skill levels the opportunity to compete for millions in prize money in 2019 across five tournament circuits. Headquartered in Benton, Kentucky, with offices in Minneapolis, FLW and their partners conduct more than 290 bass-fishing tournaments annually around the world, including the United States, Canada, China, Italy, South Korea, Mexico, Portugal, South Africa and Spain. FLW tournament fishing can be seen on the Emmy-nominated “FLW” television show while FLW Bass Fishing magazine delivers cutting-edge tips from top pros. For more information visit FLWFishing.com and follow FLW at Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and YouTube.
Who can register and compete in the FLW/KBF Open?
What does it cost to become eligible to compete?
Not counting the $200 entry fee (FLW/KBF Open) or $500 entry fee (FLW/KBF Cup), it costs either $300 (KBF) of $75 (FLW).
FLW Competitor Membership is $75 per year. [Join FLW]
Why register for the KBF Pro Tour, since it's more expensive?
KBF Pro Tour Registration makes one eligible to sign up and compete in 25 KBF Pro Tour Tournaments (not counting the FLW/KBF Open and Cup), and the KBF Pro Tour Championship. More opportunities to win, to create a reputation, build a resume, and attract sponsors.
If all you want to do is compete in the FLW/KBF Open and, possible, the FLW/KBF Cup, then FLW Competitor Membership at $75 is a better value for you.
What does an FLW Member pay for KBF Pro Tour Registration?
FLW Competitor Members save $75 on KBF Pro Tour Registration. so the normal fee of $250 is $175 for FLW Members. Use the discount code “FLW” when you register. Your registration will be processed, and then KBF sends the information to FLW for membership confirmation. If FLW finds no record of current FLW Competitor Membership, then KBF will get back with you to offer the options:
- Join FLW for $75 and provide membership info to KBF
- Pay $75 to KBF, which it will turn over to FLW to set up your FLW membership
- Cancel the registration and provide a full refund.
Be aware that KBF Competitor or Lifetime Membership is a prerequisite for KBF Pro Tour Registration. The annual dues for KBF Competitor Membership are $25 (Student), $45 (Military/Vet), or $50 (full price).
KBF MEMBER BENEFIT
Become an FLW Competitor Member and/or follow the action in FLW Bass Fishing Magazine to receive an FLW/KBF long sleeve Sport-Tek contender tee sold on the FLW store at $45.
For more details about membership or to take FLW up on its $75 Competitor Membership Offer (Annual FLW Competitor Membership and magazine subscription with free t-shirt): shop.flwfishing.com/products/flw-membership-kbf-deal
- FLW Competitor Membership offer promo code: KBF-19C
- FLW Magazine Subscription offer promo code: KBF-19S