The KBF AmBASSador Series organizations are the clubs and trails that grow kayak fishing at the grassroots level in the United States, Mexico and Canada. KBF and AmBASSador Series partners grow simultaneously through co-hosted events, shared financial and logistical support and jointly developed resources and standards.
Beginning in 2022, KBF will add a new and prestigious event to its annual roster of championship tournaments: the AmBASSador Series Championship. The event will be held on Veterans Day weekend (November 11-13, 2022) on five lakes around Huntsville, Alabama. Here are some basic facts about the event:
- The championship will be a 2 day event
- Both Teams and Individual anglers that represent AmBASSador Series partners can compete
- The entry fee and payout structure will be identical to a KBF TRAIL Series event ($115)
- The top prize will be $20,000 for the TOP TEAM
- An additional prize of $5,000 will go to the Individual event champion
- Payouts will be based on the KBF TRAIL Series payout chart with the TOP 3 Teams receiving payouts and the top 10% of the field being paid out as individuals. Entry fees will be applied to these payouts with 75% going towards the TEAM portion and 25% applying to the individual payout with KBF supplementing the guaranteed payouts up to $20,000 for top team and $5,000 for top individual.
- The AmBASSador series champion will qualify for Dee Zee KBF THE TEN
In addition to the championship, a charity event will also be held. Chad Hoover described it in a recent live video: “We are tying another event to it that is part of what we are doing with Catch-22 and FishOps. There will be a really cool charity component to the AmBASSador Series Championship.”
The deadline for clubs to submit rosters of eligible anglers is November 1, 2022. Clubs should contact Terry Russell (Terry@kayakbassfishing.com) for questions and additional info.
First Published August 12, 2022
© 2022 Kayak Bass Fishing. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.