Qualify for Kayak Bass Fishing Events
KBF conducts several high-profile Catch-Photo-Release (CPR) tournaments each year for which competitors must qualify. If you have your sights set on competing at the highest levels, you’ll learn how to get started here: Compete.
Below is a quick reference to the ways one may qualify for KBF championships, regional finals, and special events.
2020 Realtree Fishing KBF TRAIL Series Championship Presented by Dee Zee
Top kayak anglers from across the nation will compete for the title of 2020 KBF TRAIL Series Champion on October 7–8 on Lake Guntersville, Alabama, (concurrent with the 2020 KBF Challenge Series and 2020 KBF National Championships). To qualify to compete in the 2020 TRAIL Series Championship, a KBF Member must compete in at least one KBF TRAIL Series Tournament and:
• Finish in the top 25% of any 2020 KBF TRAIL Series Tournament or SuperTRAIL event
• Rank in the top 100 in any Regional AOY Points Race.
• Rank in the top 200 in the National AOY Points Race.
2020 FishUSA KBF Challenge Series Championship Presented by NRS Fishing
KBF Members will compete for the title of 2020 KBF Challenge Champion on October 7–8 on Lake Guntersville, Alabama. This event is on the same water, at the same time as the 2020 KBF TRAIL Series Championship. The 2020 KBFNC To qualify to compete in the 2020 Challenge Series Championship:
• Finish in first place in any KBF State or Regional Challenge beginning October 2019 (no roll-downs)
• Top 5 residents of each state and province based on Challenge Points total from each one’s top three events (regardless of the state/province in which they were earned) as of October 1, 2020.
• Top 50 residents of each KBF Challenge Region (all Canada is included in Central Region) based on Challenge Points total from each one’s top three events (regardless of the region in which the Challenge Points were earned) as of September 22, 2020
• Cut-line: all KBF Members whose top-4 events’ Challenge Points total 2,000 or more
2020 Realtree Fishing KBF Redfish Challenge Championship Presented by Dee Zee
To qualify for the 2020 KBF Redfish Challenge Series Championship, you must:
• Finish in the top 10% of any 2020 KBF Redfish Series Challenge or Tournament
• Rank in the in the top 100 in the national 2020 KBF Redfish Series Points Race as of November 1, 2020
2021 Dee Zee KBF TENvitational
This annual invitational preceding The TEN (hence the name “TENvitational”) attracts top competitors from across the US and Canada each year. To compete, one must be a 2021 KBF Competitor or Lifetime Member by Event Sign-in. You are eligible to compete and are invited to register if you have:
• Finished the 2020 KBF Challenge Series Season as a state or provincial KBF Challenge Points Leader
• Finished in 1st place in any KBF State, Regional, and National Challenge
• Finished in the Top 10%, minimum 3, in any KBF TRAIL Series Tournament
• Finished 1st, 2nd or 3rd in any KBF OPEN Series Tournament
• Finished 1st, 2nd or 3rd in any KBF National Championship, KBF Challenge Series Championship, or KBF TRAIL Series Championship
• Finished 1st, 2nd or 3rd in any previous Dee Zee KBF TENvitational
• Finished 1st, 2nd or 3rd in any FLW-KBF Open or Cup tournament
• Finished 1st, 2nd or 3rd in the 2017 or 2018 Bienville Bassin’ Member-only Tournaments
2021 Dee Zee KBF The TEN
This annual best-of-the-best fish-off features ten of the top anglers in the Kayak Bass Fishing world. To qualify:
• Finish among the Top 10 in ranking for the 2020 KBF Angler of the Year (AOY) race (based on KBF TRAIL Series points)
• Win First Place at the 2021 KBF Dee Zee TENvitational
2021 KBF National Championship
To qualify for the 2021 KBF National Championship on the Red River and lakes near Shreveport and Bossier City, Louisiana, one must be a 2020 KBF Member (Ambassador, Competitor, Pro or Lifetime) and do any of the following:
• Finish in the top 20 at the 2020 KBF National Championship
• Finish in the top 10% of the 2020 KBF Dee Zee TENvitational
• Finish in the top 25% of any 2020 KBF State or Regional Challenge
• Finish in the top 25% of any 2020 KBF TRAIL Series Tournament, Regional Final or Championshiop
• Finish in the top 10% in any 2020 KBF OPEN Series Tournament (KBF Members only)
• Earn qualification through a 2020 KBF Partner club, circuit, or event, either through event ranking or by an at-large award at the end of the Partner’s 2020 season.
• Finish in the top 10% of the 2020 KBF Redfish Challenge Series Championship (and have competed in at least one KBF bass fishing TRAIL Series tournament or two KBF Challenges [bass] during 2020)