$10,000 Kayak Bass Shootout
KBF’s 2017 top 10 Anglers at world-famous Bienville Plantation
What: KBF’s “the TEN” is a two-day CPR kayak bass fishing competition that pits top-ranked KBF Members against each other for a winner-take-all $10,000 purse. The TEN refers to ten competitors. Ten fish over two days. And ten thousand dollars in prize money.
Where: Bienville Plantation is in White Springs, Florida, midway across the state and about 30 miles south of the Georgia line. With 12 lakes and numerous ponds totaling over 11,000 acres, a fishing adventure on Bienville’s “pay-to-play” lakes is at the top of many trophy bass hunters’ bucket list. Over the past 40 years, mining companies’ open phosphate strip mines were painstakingly reformed and filled to create nutrient-rich ponds that, today, support healthy populations of bait and gamefish. Their weedy shorelines have become familiar to fans of bass fishing celebrities whose televised exploits highlighted Bienville’s impressive numbers and trophy-sized fish for more than a generation. This is an ideal situation for kayak bass fishing, and Bienville Plantation will be providing first-class accommodations and rolling out a red carpet for the TEN.
When: Pre-paddle (no fishing gear) and Captains Meeting on Thursday, January 18. Competition Friday, January 19 and Saturday, January 20, 2018
1. To recognize the most proficient kayak bass fishermen among all KBF Members, as measured by 2017 KBF AOY scores.
2. To reward KBF Members for their support of Kayak Bass Fishing and participation in our world-class competition.
3. To showcase this incredible kayak fishing and trophy bass destination.
How: To qualify for this competition, one must:
1. Be a KBF Member in 2017 (either KBF Lifetime Member or 2017 Annual Member). AOY Points may be earned only AFTER becoming a KBF Member.
2. Be one of the top ten highest-ranked KBF Members based on 2017 KBF Angler of the Year points.
By December 1, all 2017 KBF AOY Points will have been submitted. KBF AOY rankings will be published soon thereafter. The angler having the highest score will be crowned the 2017 KBF Angler of the Year and will be presented with a prize package valued at $7,500.
He and nine other anglers who rank just below him in KBF AOY points will comprise “the TEN.” They will converge on Florida to enjoy the hospitality of Bienville Plantation and vie for a $10,000, winner-take-all purse. Bienville’s world-famous big bass lakes will be the backdrop for this televised event where the elite kayak anglers will have ample opportunity to showcase their sponsors’ products and represent their clubs.
If one of “the TEN” is unable to participate, his position will roll down to the top alternate BONUS BUCKS member based on 2017 KBF AOY ranking.
AOY First Place Tie-breaker
If two or more KBF Members “cap out” or otherwise tie for first place in the 2017 KBF Angler of the Year race, then the tie will be broken at The TEN in January.
- All those who tie for first—no matter how many there may be—will be invited to compete in The TEN.
- Two concurrent events will take place: The TEN, and the KBF AOY Tie Breaker. The competitions are concurrent, but separate, and the results of those two competitions are independent.
- In the KBF AOY Fish-off is for the KBF Members who tied for First Place in KBF AOY ranking.
- The final scores, accumulated over two days of competition, will be compared, and the competitor with the highest score will be awarded the KBF AOY title.
- KBF AOY Fish-off ties will be broken according to KBF Competition Rules Standards.
Note: Not all competitors in The TEN will necessarily participate in the KBF AOY Fish-off. The Fish-off is only for those who tied for first in the KBF AOY race; others will not be included in the Fish-off. Conceivably, one competitor may win The TEN, and another competitor finishing below him in score may win the KBF AOY Fish-off and be crowned as 2017 KBF Angler of the Year.