Two High-stakes Tournaments at Bienville Plantation
- [Alphabetized List of Tenvitational-eligible Competitors]
- [Sequential List of Qualifying Events & Competitors]
- [KBF Member Discounted Lodging Reservations]
The KBF Dee Zee Tenvitational presented by Meyer Distribution is a two-day, 10-fish (five each day), CPR invitational tournament staged on January 30–31, just before the annual KBF Dee Zee The TEN. This competition is for KBF Members who finished at or near the top in Kayak Bass Fishing competition over the past four years.
- First: $5,000
- Second: $2,500
- Third: $1,500
- Fourth: $1,000
- Fifth: $500
Am I invited? If you will be a 2019 KBF Competitor Member or KBF Lifetime Member by start-of-competition and can answer “Yes” to any of the following questions, then you are invited to register and are eligible to compete,
- Have you ever competed in any previous The TEN, or will you compete in it for 2019?
- Have you come in 1st, 2nd or 3rd in a KBF Championship (National, Challenge, TRAIL Series)?
- Have you come in 1st, 2nd or 3rd in a KBF OPEN Series Tournament?
- Have you come in 1st, 2nd or 3rd in a KBF TRAIL Series Tournament?
- Did you place 1st, 2nd or 3rd in the 2017 and 2018 Bienville Bassin’ Member-only Tournaments?
- Have you won (1st place only) a KBF Challenge, including State, Regional, and National competitions?
- Were you a 2018 state or provincial KBF AOY points leader?
If you can answer “Yes” to any of those questions, then you are eligible. 2018 KBF Membership is not necessarily required. Even if you are not a KBF Member in 2018, if you won a Challenge or placed in the top 3 in a KBF OPEN or TRAIL Series Tournament in 2015, 2016 or 2017 and will be a Member on January 30, 2019, this is for you, too. Click here to Sign up for Tenvitational.
The winner of this tournament advances to The TEN, which takes place on the following days.
KBF Dee Zee The TEN presented by Meyer Distributing
KBF Dee Zee The TEN is a two-day, 10-fish (five each day) CPR invitational tournament presented by Meyer Distributing. On February 1–2, KBF’s top ten anglers of 2018, The TEN 2018 winner, and the 2019 Tenvitational winner (assuming he’s not already in The TEN) will meet on one of the Bienville Plantation lakes for a fish-off. Here are this year’s competitors:
- Cody Milton, AR
- Joshua Stewart, TN
- Eric Siddiqi, OH
- Jason Broach, FL
- Jay Wallen, KY
- Jody Queen, WV
- Richard McMichael, KS
- Matt Ball, OH
- Ken Wood, MA
- Joseph D’Addeo, NH
- Jamie Denison, NC (2018 The Ten champ)
- 2019 Tenvitational champ
- Possibly Casey Reed, VA (#11 in 2018 AOY ranking), if he has a Tenvitational top-10 finish
KBF Dee Zee The TEN payout this year is:
- First: $10,000
- Second: $5,000
- Third: $3,000
- Fourth: $2,000
- Fifth: $1,000
Big Bass Brawl
A KBF Big Bass Brawl for KBF Dee Zee Tenvitational and KBF Dee Zee The TEN competitors will be held throughout the four days of competition. Entry Fee is $100 per person, regardless of the number of days one intends to compete. One may register by midnight, January 29 and participate all four days or by midnight on Wednesday, January 30 to compete only Thursday, Friday and Saturday. If one registers on Thursday, he may compete in the Friday and Saturday Brawl. Registration will remain open until Friday night at 11:59 PM for those who decide to compete the last day. Competitors may sign up at any time until then but are not eligible for Brawl prizes until the day following registration. On each of the four days of competition, the daily Big Bass (highest-scoring bass submitted by a Brawl participant) pays off $1,000 and the second highest score pays $250, totaling $5,000 over four days. If two or more are tied for first, then the $1,250 is divided equally. If the tie is for second place, then the $250 is divided equally. Click here to register for The TEN/Tenvitational Big Bass Brawl
- Is prefishing allowed? Competitors may pre-fish any BIenville Plantation lake up until December 31, 2018. KBF Members enjoy a discounted daily rates to fish and must observe BIenville Plantation rules that require kayak anglers to pair up. NO PREFISHING DAY ON TUESDAY, JANUARY 29. All lakes are off-limits for competitors from January 1 through January 29. In addition, The TEN competitors are not allowed to prefish on Jan 30-31 UNLESS they are competing in the KBF Dee Zee Tenvitational.
- Why does KBF have The TEN?
- To recognize the most proficient kayak bass fishermen among all KBF Members, as measured by 2018 KBF AOY scores.
- To reward KBF Members for their support of Kayak Bass Fishing and participation in our world-class competition.
- To showcase this incredible kayak fishing and trophy bass destination.
- What happens if one or more of the top 10 AOY-ranked competitors cannot compete? In that case, his spot rolls down to the top alternate by 2018 KBF AOY rank, Casey Reed. If the first alternate cannot attend, it rolls again, and again, and again until all ten spots are filled.
- Who competes in The TEN? The top ten KBF Members by 2018 AOY Rank, plus last year’s winner of The TEN, plus the winner of the 2019 Tenvitational. And Casey Reed, who ranked 11th in the 2018 KBF AOY race, will be eligible, too, if he ends up in one of the top ten places in the Tenvitational.
- If the KBF Tenvitational is won by last year’s winner (Jamie Denison) or one of the top 10 anglers of 2018, does the second place winner advance to The TEN? Only if #2 is Casey Reed; otherwise it goes only to whoever wins first place. In a way, The TEN competitors in the Tenvitational are fishing for first place not only to win money but to cut down their competition for Friday and Saturday.
- So, can I fish Bienville Plantation for four days for only $300? Yes, if you’re eligible to fish the KBF Tenvitational, you may fish Wed/Thur for $200, and if you pay another $100 to be in the KBF Big Bass Brawl, you may compete in it Wed/Thur and Fri/Sat, too. That’s four days, $300.
- And half of that Tenvitational Entry Fee comes back out as Tenvitational prize money? Yes, that’s correct.
- How do i register for the Tenvitational? Click here to Sign up for Tenvitational.
- How do I register for the Big Bass Brawl? Click here to register for The TEN/Tenvitational Big Bass Brawl at Bienville Plantation.
- What are the hours of competition each day? 7:00 a.m. is both earliest launch and start-of-competition for Tenvitational and The TEN. That is approximately 23 minutes before sunrise. Competition lasts eight hours, so lines out at 3:00 p.m. Photo upload deadline and HQ check-in deadlines are both 4:00 p.m. Anyone requiring assistance to upload photos must sign in with event staff no later than 4:00 p.m. Late check-in disqualifies a competitor for that day of competition.
Dee Zee is Since 1977, Dee Zee has manufactured and sold durable, functional, and stylish products in their Central Iowa plants. Truck, ATV, and off-road vehicle owners have come on to keep up with their hectic pace. Building and supplying OEM components to major vehicle manufacturers as well as after-market accessories to vehicle owners, their classic styles as well as modern, cutting-edge designs fit most outdoor vehicle makes, models, and years.
Meyer Distributing specializes in business-to-business sales and delivery of after-market off-road parts, components, and gear to custom shops and retails across the USA. The nearly 800 manufacturers they represent make and sell top brands preferred by outdoor enthusiasts for customizing and upgrading their automobiles, trucks and ATVs.
About Bienville Plantation
Bienville Plantation is in White Springs, Florida, midway across the state and about 30 miles south of the Georgia line. With 12 lakes and numerous ponds totaling over 11,000 acres, a fishing adventure on Bienville’s “pay-to-play” lakes is at the top of many trophy bass hunters’ bucket list. Over the past 40 years, mining companies’ open phosphate strip mines were painstakingly reformed and filled to create nutrient-rich ponds that, today, support healthy populations of bait and gamefish. Their weedy shorelines have become familiar to fans of bass fishing celebrities whose televised exploits highlighted Bienville’s impressive numbers and trophy-sized fish for more than a generation. This is an ideal situation for kayak bass fishing, and Bienville Plantation will be providing first-class accommodations and rolling out a red carpet for the TEN.