Two High-stakes Tournaments at Kissimmee, Florida
Dee Zee KBF Tenvitational
The KBF Dee Zee Tenvitational is a one-day, 5-fish, CPR invitational tournament staged on Saturday in late January or early February, just before the annual Dee Zee KBF The TEN. This competition is for KBF Members who finished at or near the top in Kayak Bass Fishing competition over the past five years.
Am I invited to the Dee Zee KBF TENvitational? If you will be a 2021 KBF Competitor Member or KBF Lifetime Member by start-of-competition and can answer “Yes” to any of the following questions, then you are invited to register and are eligible to compete,
- Have you ever competed in any previous The TEN, or will you compete in it for 2021?
- Have you come in 1st, 2nd or 3rd in a KBF Championship (National, Challenge, Pro Tour, TRAIL Series)?
- Have you come in 1st, 2nd or 3rd in a KBF OPEN Series Tournament?
- Have you come in 1st, 2nd or 3rd in a KBF TRAIL Series Tournament?
- Did you place 1st, 2nd or 3rd in the 2017, 2018, or 2019 Bienville Bassin’ Member-only Tournaments?
- Have you won (1st place only) a State, Regional, or Special KBF Challenges?
- Were you a 2020 state or provincial KBF Challenge Points leader?
The winner of the 2021 KBF Dee Zee TENvitational tournament advances to The TEN, which takes place the following week.
Dee Zee KBF The TEN
KBF Dee Zee The TEN is a two-day, 10-fish (five each day) CPR invitational tournament on the first or second Monday/Tuesday in February. Who might end up on the event’s roster?
- Guaranteed to be on the roster will be KBF’s top ten anglers of 2020, based on Angler of the Year points. Accrue points in KBF TRAIL Series Competition. [Learn more about the KBF TRAIL Series.] These will be named on October 9, the day after the Realtree Fishing KBF TRAIL Series Championship presented by Dee Zee at Lake Guntersville.
- If he’s not in that elite group already, then the name of the 2020 FishUSA Challenge Series Angler of the Year will be added to the roster. [Learn more about the KBF Challenge Series.]
- On November 7, the champion of the All-American Kayak Bass Fishing Classic, an event that pits the top 10 anglers of the year from clubs across the US, will be invited to compete in The TEN, too. [Learn about the All-American Classic.]
- Finally, the winner of the 2021 Dee Zee KBF TENvitational will stick around over the weekend, join the other 10-12 anglers, and compete against them for The TEN Champion title the following week.
- Why does KBF have The TEN?
- To recognize the most proficient kayak bass fishermen among all KBF Members, as measured by 2018 KBF AOY scores.
- To reward KBF Members for their support of Kayak Bass Fishing and participation in our world-class competition.
- To showcase this incredible kayak fishing and trophy bass destination.
- What happens if one or more of the top 10 AOY-ranked competitors cannot compete? In that case, his spot rolls down to the top alternate by 2019 KBF AOY rank, Casey Reed. If the first alternate cannot attend, it rolls again, and again, and again until all ten spots are filled.
- Who competes in The TEN? The top ten KBF Members by 2019 AOY Rank, plus last year’s winner of The TEN, plus the winner of the 2020 TENvitational.
- If the KBF Tenvitational is won by last year’s winner (Jamie Denison) or one of the top 10 KBF anglers of 2019, does the second place winner advance to The TEN? No
- How do i register for the Tenvitational? Click here to Sign up for Tenvitational.
- How do I register for the Big Bass Brawl? KBF will set that up in its online store.
- What are the hours of competition each day? 6:30 a.m. is earliest launch, and 7:00 a.m. is start-of-competition for TENvitational and The TEN. That is approximately 15 minutes before sunrise. Competition lasts eight hours, so lines out at 2:00 p.m. Photo upload deadline and HQ check-in deadlines are both 3:00 p.m. Late check-in disqualifies a competitor for that day of competition.
Event Sponsor Dee Zee – The Truck Accessories People
Dee Zee is Since 1977, Dee Zee has manufactured and sold durable, functional, and stylish products in their Central Iowa plants. Truck, ATV, and off-road vehicle owners have come on to keep up with their hectic pace. Building and supplying OEM components to major vehicle manufacturers as well as after-market accessories to vehicle owners, their classic styles as well as modern, cutting-edge designs fit most outdoor vehicle makes, models, and years