The Realtree Fishing KBF TRAIL Series powered by Dakota Lithium will have its fourth stop of the season on the Potomac River on April 29th and 30th, 2023. Hosted by Stafford County, VA, the KBF events comprise two single day Trail tournaments and also the Dakota Lithium Double Up event for anglers who fish both days.
This is the fourth consecutive year in which KBF visited the Potomac River on its Trail Series, making it a regular event for the region’s anglers. One of the reasons for that is because the Mid-Atlantic region has a booming kayak fishing community, and it together with the support of state wildlife commissions combine to make the Potomac special. Mike Ortega of NVKBA describes it as follows:
“The tidal Potomac is truly something special. Both Virginia and Maryland are very fortunate to share such a diverse body of water, and we’re excited for it to receive the attention it deserves as a world-class fishery. That wouldn’t be possible without the continuous hard work from both Virginia DWR and Maryland DNR, and of course all the anglers who make conservation a priority.”
NVKBA (Northern Virginia Kayak Bass Anglers) a KBF AmBASSador Series program, will hold a tournament on Saturday, April 29, on the Potomac. Mid-Atlantic Kayak Bass Fishing (MAKBF) is also hosting a Potomac tournament that weekend.
MAKBF angler and veteran KBF hammer Joshua Evans described the Potomac fishery as follows:
“This time of year, the tidal Potomac river can be a magical place. As with any other fishery in the region, the fish should all be in one phase or another of the spawn. This will yield opportunities to target fish feeding up, staging, and some on beds as well. …..Unlike many other bass fisheries in the nation, anglers will have to contend with the tidal movement that impacts when the fish feed and where they’re located along with what water is even accessible. Competing on any tidal body of water can prove challenging. The Potomac is the epitome of that but has proven time and again that it can also be extremely rewarding for anglers who do their research and choose wisely.”
KBF encourages competitors to register for the parallel MAKBF and for the NVKBA events !!!
ABOUT KBF TRAIL EVENTS
- KBF weekends comprise two single day Trail tournaments and the Dakota Lithium Double Up Program which spans both days.
- KBF competition adopts a Catch-Photo-Release format. Eligible fish are submitted by competitors to the Fishing Chaos app for judging.
- KBF Anglers may win prizes and register for additional prize opportunities, including the Dakota Lithium Big Bass and Dakota Lithium Double Up prizes.
- KBF Anglers earn points towards: Farwide KBF Angler of the Year and the KBF Rookie of the Year presented by Rogue Fishing.
- Qualifying opportunities include 2023 KBF Trail Series Championship and the 2024 TENvitational.
- Qualifying opportunities for the 2024 Kayak Bass Fishing National Championship
- Points for KBF Challenge Series in the host state’s monthly Challenge Series event
- Opportunities to meet and fish with local KBF AmBASSador Series clubs and trails
HOW TO REGISTER
- Become a KBF Member: Purchase 2023 KBF Premium membership.
- Proceed to Event registration.
- For lodging, travel and more Visit Stafford VA.
- For Tournament Questions contact Jason@kayakbassfishing.com
- Click here to learn more about the 2023 Realtree Fishing KBF Trail
- Click here to learn more about the Farwide Angler of the Year and Rogue Fishing Rookie of the Year.
- Click here to become a KBF Premium Member to compete in the KBF Trail Series
- Click here to follow MAKBF on Facebook.
- Click here to follow NVKBA on Facebook.
ADDITIONAL KBF TRAIL CONTENT from Stafford County (2020-2022)
- Click here to watch the NBC News Washington, D.C. profile of the 2020 KBF Potomac event
Recaps of 2021 Potomac River KBF Trail:
- in 2021, North Carolina kayak angler and Bizzbaits pro Dontrell Sullivan captured his dramatic 2021 tournament finish on video when he caught his fifth fish for a limit with minutes to spare.
Recap of the 2022 Potomac River KBF Trail:
REALTREEFISHING KBF TRAIL Series Tournaments are Powered by Dakota Lithium Batteries
Dee Zee Truck Accessories Xcite Baits
FishUSA Yak Rods FishOPS
Rogue Fishing Co Ketch Power-Pole YakAttack Torqeedo Yeti
First Published on April 10, 2023
© 2023 Kayak Bass Fishing. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.