KBF Youth Division Tournament
Free Entry | Grades 1–12
Kentucky Lake | Thursday, March 22, 2018
Henry Co. Fairgrounds | Paris, Tennessee
Hosted by Henry County Tourism Authority
2018 KBF Young Guns Kentucky Lake Shoot Out
KBF will host its second Young Guns Youth Division Tournament on Kentucky Lake in conjunction with the 2018 KBF National Championship in Paris, Tennessee. This no-entry-fee event that allows young KBF Members from first through twelfth grade to compete in the event when accompanied by an Adult Supervisor.
YakAttack is sponsoring this event and will be awarding prizes for First through Third Place finishes in each of three grade groups:
• Grades 1-4
• Grades 5-8
• Grades 9-12
A Captains Meeting for the young competitors and their parents or legal guardians and Adult Supervisors will take place Wednesday evening, March 21, at 7:00 P.M. at Tournament HQ, in the West Building of the Henry County Fairgrounds Pavilion. Competition is 7:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Thursday, March 22. Each Competitor is required to be familiar with event details and Rules that are presented on the KBF Calendar Event Page.
IMPORTANT: If launching before sunrise at 6:52 a.m., Competitors are required to display an illuminated 360° white light on their watercraft. Each Adult Supervisors must have a Throw Bag within reach on his watercraft, and both Competitor and Adult Supervisor must carry a first aid kit on their watercraft, too. Minimum requirements: bandages, antiseptic of wound cleanser (soap), gauze pads and tape. Throw bag and first aid kits must be presents for review at Event Check-in prior to the Wednesday evening Captains Meeting.
Youth Events are scheduled for Friday and Saturday. Paul Martin is the organizer and coordinator for these events.
We encourage Elementary and Middle School Age children to have an adult with them. High schoolers will need to check in directly with Paul Martin or another adult Event Staff member throughout the day.
KBF Youth Members may be dropped off at the Tournament Headquarters as early as 6:30 a.m. each day. Breakfast items will be provided. Bring money to purchase lunch from one of the food trucks on site.
- 6:30-8:00 a.m. – Youth (and Adult Chaperones for those in grades one through eight) at Tournament HQ, West building, Henry County Fairgrounds
- 8:30 a.m.: Welcome
- 9:00 a.m.: Gene “Flukemaster” Jensen
- 9:45 a.m.: Richard Wohlwend-Penny, KBF Director of Operations
- 10:30 a.m.: Brit Nichols (daughter of KBF Members Johnny Nichols)
- 11:15 a.m.: Brad Dennis – Internet and Social Media Safety
- 12:15 p.m.: Lunch purchased from on-site food trucks
- 1:00 p.m.: Gene “Flukemaster” Jensen
- 1:45 p.m.: Jake Penny (son of Richard) if possible
- 2:30 p.m.: Bethel University – Fishing for College?
- 3:00 p.m.: End of Program
- 6:30–8:00 a.m.: Check-In
- 8:30 a.m.: Welcome
- 9:00 a.m.: Skills Stations Open (Participants given check-off cards)
- Casting Stations—Flipping, Pitching, Shooting, Skipping, and Tricks
- Reel Maintenance
- First Aid – Learn the basics
- Build a Lure
- Knot Station
- 12:00 p.m.: Lunch purchased from on-site food trucks
- 1:00–2:30: Skills Competition (winners to be announced Saturday night)
- Casting Challenge
- Rigging the Dream Race